The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

-SN-

The difference in this series was the Duncan Keith hit on Sedin..The last two games in this series were more Canucks hockey than the first 3 games. The end of season press conference will be interesting to hear. On that tying goal by LA, I feel like Schneider over played the shooter & got caught out of position.

Heart broken but doesnt hurt as much as game 7 SCF loss last year

There is something seriously wrong with this team. They are a shadow of last years team.

We cant score damn goals. I missed Sameullson, Hodgson and Ehrhoff.

Sammy has more points than David Booth on the Panthers team. More experienced, can pass and shoot.

Hodgson would have been playing and not sitting in the pressbox like Zack Kassian. At this point, he was way more skilled than Zack.

And, No one has replaced Christian Ehrhoff on this team. Maybe in terms of production, but he is a great offensive d and pp quarterback that was not replaced.

Long offseason ahead. Hope MG makes wise decisions. I did not support the ones he made this season.

You cannot expect the twins to win all the games for you.

AV playing the every-team-is-a-top-team card in post game interview.

The team screwed it up in the first game. Lu's best game, (Schneider good), and they wasted it. They came out like they had it in the bag and soon discovered this upstart Kings team actually wanted to win this series. Started waking up in the second game but by then it was too late.

This team wasn't good enough to win the cup this year. Team chemistry for whatever reason was not there like it was last year. Kesler was MIA, Raymond was not good and Edler's game fell off the rails. Scoring completely dried up and there was never any urgency in their game. Maybe the tank was simply empty after a long run last year?

There will be some serious head scratching over the next few days, weeks and months. By everyone.

Should make for an interesting summer.

Kinda glad they didn't go far to prolong the futility of having to watch our core go into the playoffs completely worn down by last seasons' long run.

Yes, it IS difficult to repeat finals appearances, folks. You only do it when you acquire a huge star to put on your 2nd line or if you're current 2nd liner goes on to be league mvp.

So what now? Well, i hope Gillis has some nice UFA moves or trades in mind. And then pray for a Sedin/Kesler rebound. Because without those, we're going to move into a decline of sorts. Cheers.

TOML

AV playing the every-team-is-a-top-team card in post game interview.

The team screwed it up in the first game. Lu's best game, (Schneider good), and they wasted it. They came out like they had it in the bag and soon discovered this upstart Kings team actually wanted to win this series. Started waking up in the second game but by then it was too late.

Not shocked here, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Canucks sloppy play catches up to them again.

Edler - has been B-R-U-T-A-L in this series, lackadaisical when retrieving and clearing the puck. I wouldnt be suprised if MG trades him this offseason.

Raymond - has got to go, the guy is not a top 6 player nor is he even a bottom 6 player. He is a glorified Brandon Reid. I have no doubt he will be gone. MG was a fool to trade Hodgson yet keep Raymond who falls even without anyone touching him.

Malhotra - Great guy and all that, but cant have a player with his cap hit just taking faceoffs, we all saw how effective the rookie 4th line was for LA, i think the days of a one dimensional role player are over.

Luongo - Trading him would be a BOLD move, something MG has said he isnt afraid of doing, tell him the franchise is going in another direction and make him waive his NTC. CS has taken the #1 role and for Luongo and the team, I think its the best thing going forward.

Coaching Staff - Needs to be fired, AV has shown in this series that he cant coach on the fly and adjust during games. It took a Daniel Sedin comeback to almost save his job again, last year it was Burrows. Its time for a new voice, ideas and an identity change for this team.

Time to inject some youth in this team, look no furher to the Flyers, they have like what 4-5 rookies playing??

Out with the old:

Raymond

Pahlsson

Higgins

In with the new:

Jensen

Schroeder

Connaughton

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Booth

Hansen - - Schroeder

Kassian - Lappiere - Weise