The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

-SN-

Powerplay stunk and seeing how badly the defense was getting the puck out of their zone was terrible all game... Overconfident team, gm and coaching staff did them in. Their 4th line out played our 2nd and 3rd line?

Going:

Weiss

Pahlsson

Raymond

One of elder, luongo or Kesler

Need some usable prospects in offense... Snipers and hungry... Kassian better get going or the trade will be the worst in a decade...

Additions:

Guys from College\europe

New coaching staff

Top 2 big damn

Top six forwards

Gritty playable bottom 6

Top 10 draft pick

Jesus, I just can't understand all the "Luongo must go" talk.

He played WELL in the first 2 games, our defense sucked really bad, that's why we lost, not because of him! It's incredible how all the fault falls on his back. Of course, Schneider step up and played solid, but that has nothing to do with Lu.

To Henrik, Canucks have not had a bad game this whole series. This is why we lost the series. They always blamed something else instead of their own piss poor play in game 1 and 2.

These guys are professionals, they should be able to take criticism and know that they are sucking.

Jesus, I just can't understand all the "Luongo must go" talk.

He played WELL in the first 2 games, our defense sucked really bad, that's why we lost, not because of him! It's incredible how all the fault falls on his back. Of course, Schneider step up and played solid, but that has nothing to do with Lu.

Edler was our best d-man in the regular season, we shouldn't get rid of him at all. Higgins worked his *** out for this team too.

Give LA credit, they deserved this. The Sedins and Schneider stole game 4, and still played well on game 5, but they can't steal 4 straight games for us.

But still, we should make a big move. Bring Nash, Parise, Weber or whoever, we gotta change some things around here, or we're not winning a SC.

Move Kesler to third line; if not trade him.

Individual plays coming with speed and then shoots at a distance ain't working for him anymore. This guy's been shutdown 4 out of 5 playoff series. Only series he made a difference was the nashville one. Even his agitating has gone down a notch but instead he dives more.

canucks would benefit more if they could find a legit 2nd liner and move him to third but with his contract and his ego, that may not work.

So canucks should look into trading him while his value can still fetch a good return...maybe package for weber, getzlaf, or staal.

Also get rid of the whole second line

raymond - useless

higgins - only good in regular season

and booth, malhotra, ballard needs to go..waste of cap space!

and Gillis try to get a #2 - 5 pick in the draft!

Coyotes for the cup boys! They have no owner, 10 mil under the salary cap, no superstars, no fans and they're doing better than the canucks. The product put on the ice before us was absolutely pathetic. I felt like I was watching disney on ice! The only player who gave a sh*t was Schneider and everyone else left him out to dry. We should be embarrassed.

we got outplayed by la in 4 out of the 5 games. they simply deserved to win. people are blaming AV, but the loss isnt entirely his fault..half our players played with no urgency in the series.

however the biggest sore loser is MG, who went out and traded a future star for two players who contributed nothing in the playoffs. His decisions made this team worse and more than anyone he is to be blamed for failing to assemble a stanley cup calibre team.

Blackhawks fan here again.

Sorry that your team lost in the first round, I remember the sting from last season. I honestly don't think Gillis needs to make too many big changes. First he has to sort out the goalie situation (I'd keep Schneider). Second he need to improve the depth on defense. Erhoff's role was never replaced and that hurt in the post season.

Good luck next year.

Bring in skilled players and make this team younger.

I love watching the Flyers play. Their rookies play with so much heart it is astonishing. I cannot believe after a game 7 SCF loss last year, the team would play their first two games of the series like they did. We may have gotten bigger, stronger...but, we couldnt score goals on quick like we couldnt against tim thomas. I thought MG would have learned that in order to win, you need to score goals. He overestimated our offence.

ok, trying to put all the negativity aside and thinking with a clear-er head, i think we should part ways with the following personnel:

AV- sorry, you've had your chances. From making the finals to missing the playoffs, from allstar goalies to useless perimeter players, you've had them all, but failed to motivate them at the right times, nor push them to go above and beyond their call of duty. Look at Phx. Look at Ottawa. Look at Nashville. Talent wise, they are inferior to us, yet they were able to show up EVERY game.

Luongo - like AV, he's had his chances. He's a good goalie, but I dont think that the spotlight in Vancouver is good for him anymore. Some rise above the pressures and shine, some falters. He seems to be the latter. Games against chicago....games against Boston...sorry but the psychological rollercoaster can't be healthy for the team.

Edler - I've said this many times in the past few years. Edler is not very good. For a big defenceman, he doesn't play very big. If he doesn't play with Salo/Ohlund, he was not very good defensively and is now very evident.

Malhotra - You helped us win very important faceoffs, and our hats are off to you. But unfortunately, his play has declined ever since the injury and as bad as it sounds, this is a business and we needed to part ways

Rome - With AV gone, you wont have a chance to play, so umm...yeah.

Raymond - no comment

On the bubble are guys like Bieksa/Kesler/Booth. But These guys played so well for us in the past year or so, that I feel they deserve atleast one more year to turn this around. Otherwise, we'd have to trade these guys too.

Blackhawks fan here again.

Sorry that your team lost in the first round, I remember the sting from last season. I honestly don't think Gillis needs to make too many big changes. First he has to sort out the goalie situation (I'd keep Schneider). Second he need to improve the depth on defense. Erhoff's role was never replaced and that hurt in the post season.

Good luck next year.

Archived