The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

-SN-

The Canucks looked shocked after Game 2 that LA was playing as well as they were. The foot was off the pedal for a majority of the series, which is unfortunate that they would need a team like Chicago to get them going in the playoffs.

Best player of the series was Schneider by far, can't blame him for the numbers he put up. Worst player was the entire offence....8 goals in 5 games won't win you much during the regular season, nevermind the playoffs.

Looking forward to some questions being resolved in the summer. The goalie situation and if AV remains coach will be the biggest issues to resolve I believe.

Blackhawks fan here again.

Sorry that your team lost in the first round, I remember the sting from last season. I honestly don't think Gillis needs to make too many big changes. First he has to sort out the goalie situation (I'd keep Schneider). Second he need to improve the depth on defense. Erhoff's role was never replaced and that hurt in the post season.

Good luck next year.

THIS. They could have waited till the offseason to make the damn trades. We had something going before the trade deadline. We were scoring goals ( 3 something per game). Cody Hodgson came up big in important games. He was clutch. He got traded and then our goals per game dropped to 2 something.

I have no idea what MG was thinking when he traded coho at trade deadline for prospect players. Ridiculous.

Apparently Kesler never showed up to talk to the media. Ego check, desperately. I love him, I think he can be an elite player but good god. Sometimes, I just wanna smack him and tell him to grow the frack up. People will be questioning his play as well as leadership and accountability.

hmm Kesler Booth did nothing If Kes was hurt or tired or something they should have gave him a week off before the playoffs started. Kasian and Grananier however you spell it absoulutely useless. Makes you wonder what could have happened if we had COHO. Lots of rumors Vigneult will be the Habs coach. And Gillis isnt above cristism either. I dunno this team just didnt seem to have it last 20 or so games of the season and in 4 of 5 games in this series. A bunch of Canucks were at the Snoreplay concert probly comotose from listening to 2 hours of their boring @ss music

Sad as it is to get knocked out in the first round, the team did not look like they had a serious chance at the Cup this season. They are lacking a natural goal scorer, or two.

Schneider and the Twins should stay. But, the team does need more size and grit. Most of the rest of the team are tradeable to some degree or another, depending on what the team can get in return.

Should there be big changes in the off-season? Yes. But, I wouldn't bet on it happening.

Apparently Kesler never showed up to talk to the media. Ego check, desperately. I love him, I think he can be an elite player but good god. Sometimes, I just wanna smack him and tell him to grow the frack up. People will be questioning his play as well as leadership and accountability.

It is clear that this team is not close, they have some improvements and work to do, before they can contend for a cup again. Significant changes are needed in the off season. A few minor tweaks and standing pat will not take this team far. They need a sniper or goal-scorer (gamebreaker). More skill and younger talent is also necessary. I think there are quite a few players that should not be untouchable and considered for a trade/move.

The coaching staff will get the axe, simple as that. I also want Gillis fired as well, but that is not as likely. Then again, given how this team has played for most of the second half of the season, they did not have what it takes. The Hodgson deal was killer to the team.

we got outplayed by la in 4 out of the 5 games. they simply deserved to win. people are blaming AV, but the loss isnt entirely his fault..half our players played with no urgency in the series.

however the biggest sore loser is MG, who went out and traded a future star for two players who contributed nothing in the playoffs. His decisions made this team worse and more than anyone he is to be blamed for failing to assemble a stanley cup calibre team.

Archived