The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

-SN-

You have to hand it to LA, they're a pretty balanced team. All of those who thought we'd get to the big dance two years in a row, give your heads a shake. But we still have a strong team, with a good foundation. A few tweaks here and there, and we'll be in good enough shape for next year, with a lot more rest going in.

It always seems like the little things that can sink a team. I look back at Game 1, those two delay of game penalties, puck over glass... sucked the life out of the building, and the Canucks never got it together after that.

booth and raymond looked brutal out there. raymond afraid to go to the net cost the game. all he had to do was grow some balls and ramp the puck into the net. not reach from behind the net and pretend like your falling just because your a scared feline to go near the net.

Although losing to the kings sucks, it really puts into perspective hust how much of a bummer losing the cup final was last year. Losing tonight brought back all of the feelings of the 17 years leading up to last June. I sort of tuned out the game 7 loss to Boston under the assumption that we had the team to make another deep run this year. The fact of the matter is that it is so damn hard to get to the final. And if you get there, you better win it, because who knows when you'll get back...especially with the parity in the league now. I didnt think that the cup final loss could get more painful, but tonight it did.

Here's to getting back there someday and hoisting the cup.

Here's to a great season and hopefully an even better one next year!

I didn't go through all 12 pages. Sorry. That being said, i know there's alot of discussion on who's in, out, at fault, sucks, is a keeper, etc, etc, etc. Needless to say, the management team has alotta' work to do in the off season. That goes without saying, but I said it didn't I.

After watching game 2, it was apparent to me that the 'Nucks chances of going through to the next round was going to be a major uphill climb. Physicality once again, or lack thereof, played a major role in our defeat. Yeah sure. We did have some glorious moments. Our powerplay looked amazing upon Daniel's return, but that wasn't enough. Nor was Cory's excellent goaltending performance. In the end, the team wasn't good enough.

I really hope this team doesn't become like the Sharks; always in, at the top most often, but a disappointment in the end. Really would suck having to endure that. That being said, it's no big deal is it. I mean, our Canucks have disappointed us many times. I know that's harsh. I could say,"failed us," but that's not any better. Really there's no other way to say it is there.

So after saying all that, and being the resilient Canuck fan that I am......................................

......There's always next year!

Go Canucks Go! :towel:

Kesler should have focused more on playing hockey and less on diving, and nude modelling. :sadno:

But seriously, I am hoping to see a better effort from him next year or else I'd want him gone as well as Raymond, Kassian, Luongo (Sorry Lu, huge fan of yours, but Vancouver isn't your town anymore), and maybe Booth if we can get a juicy trade.

Until next year, GO CANUCKS GO! :canucks:

Archived