Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 4 votes

[P G T ] - Canucks Eliminated

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
471 replies to this topic

#211 T.I

T.I

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

This whole year felt weird. It really didn't feel like we finished first in the league with the kind of season we had. There were many times during the year that we didn't play good, and still won.

Kesler had a terrible year, and that continued in the playoffs. I don't know what happened to him, but I really feel he'll be back next year, and have a MUCH better year.

We don't need a new coach, we need to get bigger. Again, we were dominated physically in the series and lost.

I'm unsure of the contracts that we have with players, but for next year:

Trade Raymond, I can't stand this guy anymore. His game doesn't change and he gets bumped off the puck way too easily.

Keep Higgins and Lappy. True energy guys. Higgs played on a third line energy line, it's hard to be offensive with you are playing that sort of game.

Let Hansen sign with a different team. Jensen can take his spot next year.

And finally, Roberto Luongo. Clearly the franchise sent a message with keeping Schneider in for the elimination games. Luongo didn't cost us the series, but in my mind, it would be best for the franchise and Luongo to part ways. And I can see him being traded to Tampa Bay.

It sucks that we're already out of it, but on the bright side. No more stress from our nucks. Last year was crazy, I can now sit back and watch hockey and just enjoy it. Even who I'd wish our nucks were playing.

Next year boys!

#212 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:25 PM

How many wingers has Kesler gone through? Perhaps he's the problem.

#213 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,824 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

It's a bloody long long summer ahead. But we can always cheer on the Senators!

team needs a good rest anyway

a bit out of gas.

will be an interesting off season for sure.

Now I can cheer for the flyers. at least they dont riot here.
Posted Image

#214 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Canucks need a power forward - no, Booth is not a power forward and Kassian is not rdy yet.
Top 4 D upgrade.
Kesler has been underwhelming...package him for getzlaf or weber.

Malhotra, Booth eating cap space needs to go!
also needs to go:
Raymond - useless
Higgins - only good in regular season
AV - unable to adjust..

Mostly blame this on Gillis for his ego and making this team somehow weaker than last years.

I've been preaching a getzlaf trade like crazy, kesler's hip surgery and arrogance really did a number on his game...he's not the same player
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#215 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,963 posts

Not shocked here, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Canucks sloppy play catches up to them again.

Edler - has been B-R-U-T-A-L in this series, lackadaisical when retrieving and clearing the puck. I wouldnt be suprised if MG trades him this offseason.

Raymond - has got to go, the guy is not a top 6 player nor is he even a bottom 6 player. He is a glorified Brandon Reid. I have no doubt he will be gone. MG was a fool to trade Hodgson yet keep Raymond who falls even without anyone touching him.

Malhotra - Great guy and all that, but cant have a player with his cap hit just taking faceoffs, we all saw how effective the rookie 4th line was for LA, i think the days of a one dimensional role player are over.

Luongo - Trading him would be a BOLD move, something MG has said he isnt afraid of doing, tell him the franchise is going in another direction and make him waive his NTC. CS has taken the #1 role and for Luongo and the team, I think its the best thing going forward.

Coaching Staff - Needs to be fired, AV has shown in this series that he cant coach on the fly and adjust during games. It took a Daniel Sedin comeback to almost save his job again, last year it was Burrows. Its time for a new voice, ideas and an identity change for this team.

Time to inject some youth in this team, look no furher to the Flyers, they have like what 4-5 rookies playing??

Out with the old:
Raymond
Pahlsson
Higgins

In with the new:
Jensen
Schroeder
Connaughton

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Jensen - Kesler - Booth
Hansen - - Schroeder
Kassian - Lappiere - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Tanev - Connaughton
Gragnani - Sauve

#216 Cannucker

Cannucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Everybody saying kesler is gone is insane and know nothing, he had hip surgery and did not have the summer to work out. It seems as if everyone forgot how Kesler carried the team to the WCF up against Weber, Suter, and Rinne. That is not a one off, watch out for a healthy kesler next year.

GO CANUCKS GO

#217 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,887 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

Good effort by the team but no cigar this year.

The Canucks need a big,scoring PF and PP d man now.

Kass and Mags are years away from potentially filling those roles.

Will be an interesting off season with such an early departure.

Great series by Schneids,Hank,Hammer and Ballard.

Have a good summer all.

#218 miles.p

miles.p

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:29 PM

To Henrik, Canucks have not had a bad game this whole series. This is why we lost the series. They always blamed something else instead of their own piss poor play in game 1 and 2.

These guys are professionals, they should be able to take criticism and know that they are sucking.

#219 SledgeHockeyRules

SledgeHockeyRules

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

The difference in this series was the Duncan Keith hit on Sedin..The last two games in this series were more Canucks hockey than the first 3 games. The end of season press conference will be interesting to hear. On that tying goal by LA, I feel like Schneider over played the shooter & got caught out of position.

#220 Berto91

Berto91

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

"kesler gone" REALLY?! Just no.

Kings deserved this.

Best of luck to them.

No more 4-5am bed times for about 5 or 6 months. See you in the autumn. Interesting to see what MG does.
100th Post: Friday 2nd July '10 :)

Vintage.Kesler, on 30 September 2010 - 03:30 PM, said:
Lol, tailored for a T-REX.

I'm pretty sure CDC just collectively orgasmed at the thought of CoHo getting recalled lol

#221 Femme.Canuck

Femme.Canuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Some of the adjustments that people are making are ridiculous. Seriously, get rid of Kesler, Edler?? The only guy I agree with is Raymond. Unbelievable. Some people need to take time away before making their opinions heard.

One City. One Team. One Dream.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

#222 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

As much as I love Kesler...He really didn't do anything at all this season. I thought him and Booth would tear it up.

#223 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Heart broken but doesnt hurt as much as game 7 SCF loss last year

There is something seriously wrong with this team. They are a shadow of last years team.

We cant score damn goals. I missed Sameullson, Hodgson and Ehrhoff.

Sammy has more points than David Booth on the Panthers team. More experienced, can pass and shoot.

Hodgson would have been playing and not sitting in the pressbox like Zack Kassian. At this point, he was way more skilled than Zack.

And, No one has replaced Christian Ehrhoff on this team. Maybe in terms of production, but he is a great offensive d and pp quarterback that was not replaced.

Long offseason ahead. Hope MG makes wise decisions. I did not support the ones he made this season.

You cannot expect the twins to win all the games for you.

#224 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Losing 3 home games at those prices is unacceptable... Heads need to roll big time!

#225 sport scout

sport scout

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

expect changes next year. core group of players didn't come through as cory played amazing with the spotlight on him. Very disappointing effort from many players. Least Gillis will have a lot of time to analyze this group

#226 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,428 posts

AV playing the every-team-is-a-top-team card in post game interview.

The team screwed it up in the first game. Lu's best game, (Schneider good), and they wasted it. They came out like they had it in the bag and soon discovered this upstart Kings team actually wanted to win this series. Started waking up in the second game but by then it was too late.

#227 PuckDrop

PuckDrop

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

This team wasn't good enough to win the cup this year. Team chemistry for whatever reason was not there like it was last year. Kesler was MIA, Raymond was not good and Edler's game fell off the rails. Scoring completely dried up and there was never any urgency in their game. Maybe the tank was simply empty after a long run last year?

There will be some serious head scratching over the next few days, weeks and months. By everyone.

Should make for an interesting summer.

#228 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Meh, Just hockey. Go Sens
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#229 BlueShark

BlueShark

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Sad to see the season end. I guess for me, glass half full, at least they didn't get swept in 4 straight... and we get a higher draft pick than had we kept going in the playoffs, no?

*sticks head back in the sand*

#230 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,290 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Kinda glad they didn't go far to prolong the futility of having to watch our core go into the playoffs completely worn down by last seasons' long run.

Yes, it IS difficult to repeat finals appearances, folks. You only do it when you acquire a huge star to put on your 2nd line or if you're current 2nd liner goes on to be league mvp.

So what now? Well, i hope Gillis has some nice UFA moves or trades in mind. And then pray for a Sedin/Kesler rebound. Because without those, we're going to move into a decline of sorts. Cheers.

TOML
Posted Image

#231 iFortold

iFortold

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Team needs big changes... MG needs to work hard to make me interested... getting tired of putting time into the team that doesn't give a rip...

#232 ace_blazer

ace_blazer

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

Not much to say. Hamhuis took one too many moves. LA deserved the win.

The roster had huge holes that weren't accounted for in the regular season.

See you guys next year.
Posted Image

#233 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,824 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

AV playing the every-team-is-a-top-team card in post game interview.

The team screwed it up in the first game. Lu's best game, (Schneider good), and they wasted it. They came out like they had it in the bag and soon discovered this upstart Kings team actually wanted to win this series. Started waking up in the second game but by then it was too late.

parity is true. but i agree kings wanted it more, more hungry.

but nux they are not gritty enough
Posted Image

#234 BabyBolland

BabyBolland

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Not shocked here, I knew it was only a matter of time before the Canucks sloppy play catches up to them again.

Edler - has been B-R-U-T-A-L in this series, lackadaisical when retrieving and clearing the puck. I wouldnt be suprised if MG trades him this offseason.

Raymond - has got to go, the guy is not a top 6 player nor is he even a bottom 6 player. He is a glorified Brandon Reid. I have no doubt he will be gone. MG was a fool to trade Hodgson yet keep Raymond who falls even without anyone touching him.

Malhotra - Great guy and all that, but cant have a player with his cap hit just taking faceoffs, we all saw how effective the rookie 4th line was for LA, i think the days of a one dimensional role player are over.

Luongo - Trading him would be a BOLD move, something MG has said he isnt afraid of doing, tell him the franchise is going in another direction and make him waive his NTC. CS has taken the #1 role and for Luongo and the team, I think its the best thing going forward.

Coaching Staff - Needs to be fired, AV has shown in this series that he cant coach on the fly and adjust during games. It took a Daniel Sedin comeback to almost save his job again, last year it was Burrows. Its time for a new voice, ideas and an identity change for this team.

Time to inject some youth in this team, look no furher to the Flyers, they have like what 4-5 rookies playing??

Out with the old:
Raymond
Pahlsson
Higgins

In with the new:
Jensen
Schroeder
Connaughton

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Jensen - Kesler - Booth
Hansen - - Schroeder
Kassian - Lappiere - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Tanev - Connaughton
Gragnani - Sauve

lol higgins? he actually gives a shiit about the team

#235 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,246 posts

So Canucks can only win 1 game in 1st round, Canucks farm team has lost 2 straight games in playoffs.

Anyone think the future is bright? Who should we call up next year to score some goals? Oh wait, Wolves leading scorers are 2 career AHLers. Gillis has got to go.

#236 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Good effort, but came up short. Oh well, Go sens! Hope Boston and Chicago get eliminated.
Posted Image

#237 nuck1031

nuck1031

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Blind faith can only last so long. Sooner or later truth will set in.
Posted Image

#238 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,156 posts

Thanks again for not getting Kopitar Nonis. :picard:

#239 canucksgyal

canucksgyal

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

MG messed up.

AV needs to be gone. I am sick of him.

Bring in goal scorers so we dont rely on the twins to score for us so much. Seemed like team has no depth. Bunch of bottom 6 players who have trouble passing, shooting and with very little skill.

#240 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Time for MG to bring in Parise, Stuart, Jones, and trade for Bryan Little or sign Parenteau.

Get rid of Raymond, send Kassian to AHL, not re-sign Mancari, Duco, Rome.

Re-sign Salo, Gragnani, Lack, Schneider.

Contract extension to Lapierre, Burrows, Higgins, and Edler.

Edited by Canucksbiggestfan, 22 April 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.