The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks For A Great Season

Pyrene

Well Hodgsons didn't ask for a trade so it would be the same if you're talking about him asking for more ice time then i've got this to say... we would have been better off trading Kesler and givning Hodgson the ice time as Hodgson completely out played Kesler so it was NG trading Hodgson that was the problem not Hodgson asking for more ice time because he did deserve it and Kesler did not and still doesn't

What's done is done. Complaining about anything isn't going to make anything happen differently.

Anyways, thanks for a great season Canucks. The off-season will be a strange one for sure with some old faces probably leaving and new faces coming in, but here's to hoping for a deeper playoff run next season!

Just my personal opinion:

• I think AV may need to go. It's time for a coach that's looking to go deep in the playoffs (Example: Brent Sutter).

• Kesler needs to pick up his play big time next year. I love him as a player, but this was a very off year for him. If he doesn't we may need to ship him out.

• Raymond has to go. Also a good player, but nowhere near the player he once was.

• We have to develop Gragnani, Tanev, Kassian, and if possible Jensen, Schroeder, and our first overall pick of this season well to set a platform for our future.

• The team should add some Canadians. I'm all for the Americans and Swedes, etc, on our squad but time and time again it is proven that Canadians win cups. (A bid for Nash would be awesome!)

• Gillis must try his best to move Lu. Schneider has proven he should be our number one, and with Eddie Lack in the system, we have a good/much cheaper back up over Lu. Lu is awesome and I hope he has a great career, but I think he'd be best suited somewhere else. This would also clear up a lot of cap space, which would likely come in handy.

• Edler needs to play with heart. He is a great defender but it seemed like he quit on the team at times. If he doesn't step up just as Kesler should as well, he too should be shipped out.

Again, these our just my opinions, so I'm sure there will be many who disagree and they have full right to. I'm just tossing my two cents in is all.

Thank you for the great season on paper. This team was just coasting whole season. They played most of their games with no heart whatsoever. Well, now they can laugh all the way to their banks and go enjoying their long summer holidays. After all, there's always next year, right?

I think this core group can (and should) get a few more cracks at it the next few years. Making a million moves because of a disappointing outing in the playoffs is foolish and short sighted. This group has proven they have the talent to go all the way.

The only big move that has to happen this off season will involve moving a goalie... both Kesler and Raymond are coming off fairly significant injuries and will benefit from a full off season of training.

The one (major) wrinkle I wouldn't mind seeing, if there are some good options out there, is MG letting AV go. I like coach V, but it might be time to bring in a motivator or a coach that emphasizes tougher play.

Don't take our amazing hockey team for granted.

Be thankful, we are like the rich kids who complain about not getting a fancy car or something, but other teams would love to be in our position. Think about what Toronto and Calgary are going through.

Our time will come soon enough.

Archived