The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks For A Great Season

Pyrene

Don't take our amazing hockey team for granted.

Be thankful, we are like the rich kids who complain about not getting a fancy car or something, but other teams would love to be in our position. Think about what Toronto and Calgary are going through.

Our time will come soon enough.

Size size size, thats all the change we need. We have been manhandled by the last 2 teams we faced in the playoffs because of size. Booth, raymond, burrows, higgins all can fly and they were bouncing off the kings players. Every time the kings were in our end they looked alot more dangerous than when we were in their end because we couldnt get anywhere near their net.

Just think, we could be Winnipeg... They will always struggle to get the 8 seed... Nobody wants to play there, and anyone they bring up through the system will eventually leave...

We got some tweaking to do no doubt, but we can build this thing...

kudos on the president trophy..

other than this i have nothing else good to say

games had been less than entertaining this year...ticket prices had gone up

i had just bought more canucks gears prior to the playoffs and now i have to work tomorrow and thinking i should have put the money to better use

and it's vacation time for the team that just lost, how nice....

Canucks were tired. Mentally and physically drained. They did not have the desire or motivation of last year. Despite playing some mediocre hockey a lot of the year, still finishing first overall is pretty darn good. Lots of teams like the Leafs, Oilers, Habs and Flames would have done anything to be in the Canucks position. The Canucks were ripe to be beaten this year by a hungry up and coming club like L.A. This league is ultra competitive and you cant always go far in the playoffs. Had the Canucks squeaked out a first round win, maybe changes wouldn't come. But it's time, decisions must be made and players that have once been valuable to this organization in the past must be dealt to bring in some fresh faces and a new attitude. I don't cheer for the Canucks because they win, I cheer for the Canucks because I love them, win or lose, they're it, the only team for me and for all of you. The players need a long rest, months to recharge the batteries and get revitalized to get a new winning attitude from a new coach. Time to start fresh. Keep the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider (Id like to keep Lu as well but I'm not hopeful), Hammer and yes, Keith Ballard (I think he's an underrated player whom was mis-treated by Vigneault). Higgins, Lappy and Hansen as well. Everybody else, either shape up or ship out. This team is too good for players who can't carry their weight out there. Here is a good quote that I think applies to the Canucks. Keep on loving this club, for all time! See you all next season for another great year of Canucks hockey!

"All misfortune is but a stepping stone to fortune"

-Henry David Thoreau

Canucks were tired. Mentally and physically drained. They did not have the desire or motivation of last year. Despite playing some mediocre hockey a lot of the year, still finishing first overall is pretty darn good. Lots of teams like the Leafs, Oilers, Habs and Flames would have done anything to be in the Canucks position. The Canucks were ripe to be beaten this year by a hungry up and coming club like L.A. This league is ultra competitive and you cant always go far in the playoffs. Had the Canucks squeaked out a first round win, maybe changes wouldn't come. But it's time, decisions must be made and players that have once been valuable to this organization in the past must be dealt to bring in some fresh faces and a new attitude. I don't cheer for the Canucks because they win, I cheer for the Canucks because I love them, win or lose, they're it, the only team for me and for all of you. The players need a long rest, months to recharge the batteries and get revitalized to get a new winning attitude from a new coach. Time to start fresh. Keep the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider (Id like to keep Lu as well but I'm not hopeful), Hammer and yes, Keith Ballard (I think he's an underrated player whom was mis-treated by Vigneault). Higgins, Lappy and Hansen as well. Everybody else, either shape up or ship out. This team is too good for players who can't carry their weight out there. Here is a good quote that I think applies to the Canucks. Keep on loving this club, for all time! See you all next season for another great year of Canucks hockey!

-Henry David Thoreau

Schneider, Sedin, Hansen, Hamhuis and Lou - Thanks for the effort in the post season.

The rest of the boys - practice a lot more this summer and think about your effort please.

During regular season - thanks to Lou, Schneider, Higgins, Hansen, Burr, Lapierre, Edler, Sami, Bieksa, Booth, Kessler, Pahlsson AND Coho

-Henry David Thoreau

I like what you've said here. I watch every game and i love my canucks hockey, even when we aren't on top of the world.

Sorry, but have to say it...don't let the door hit ya in the butt.

I go to games during the year and have had a great year. I know, as fans, the only thing we want is a cup. But it just isn't that easy. Obviously.

Archived