The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thanks For A Great Season

Pyrene

Dude, she's hardly a bandwagoner. If she's the type that shells out cash during the regular season and has put up with years of promise and failure she falls under the "diehard" category. While I consider this admirable, I have a really had time getting up for regular seasons too. I've been waiting my entire life for a cup. I couldn't give a rats butt about the regular season. I go to games typically when someone else is paying the dime, and I do enjoy myself, but don't care about the outcome. My hockey season runs from April to June.

And with respect to this seasons group, I can't recall a team ever "stumbling" to a President's trophy like this group did. I was hoping for a great playoff but I am hardly surprised about tonights final outcome.

Guest BuckFoston

The Nucks are still my favorite team out of the handful I cheer for. I will return next year and go to their games and wish them well, but the totally blind optimism is just as annoying as the severe negativity. If you just put away your emotions and think clearly, you can see that the BEST chance Vancouver had at the Cup was last year. People talked about Penguins and how they managed to come back to the same spot the next year and win it all. I remember Crosby sitting on that ice and saying that the feeling he had at that moment he swore to never have again. Vancouver is not this team. I remember Kes crying, players with their heads down... I wondered - are they thinking the same? That they will never be in that position again?

There is something that this team doesn't have. I honestly can't pinpoint what it is. I'd say heart, but they do have SOME heart. They do try. But for whatever reason they cannot go the extra mile. So yes, I look forward to next season for Vancouver, but they will not win the Cup next year, it will be a while before they get back to the finals again. Maybe not 15 or 20 years, but not next year.

Cory won 20 of those games. He deserves some credit too.

I'm of the belief that Luongo will be the one delt. I know I've always disliked him, but he deserves a fresh start in an eastern market where the media and fans will not try to destroy him every other night.

My first year at CDC i had a blast. I always looked forward to reading what other fans had to say. Last year took alot out of the boys.I don't now if playing with the chemistry was the thing to do . I would like to see some big changes to the team .More Canadian content in our top six .We're heavy with young tallent in goal so i hope to see Corry stay.i'm also looking forward to seeing what the off season brings. Great enertainment i had a blast .

The Nucks are still my favorite team out of the handful I cheer for. I will return next year and go to their games and wish them well, but the totally blind optimism is just as annoying as the severe negativity. If you just put away your emotions and think clearly, you can see that the BEST chance Vancouver had at the Cup was last year. People talked about Penguins and how they managed to come back to the same spot the next year and win it all. I remember Crosby sitting on that ice and saying that the feeling he had at that moment he swore to never have again. Vancouver is not this team. I remember Kes crying, players with their heads down... I wondered - are they thinking the same? That they will never be in that position again?

There is something that this team doesn't have. I honestly can't pinpoint what it is. I'd say heart, but they do have SOME heart. They do try. But for whatever reason they cannot go the extra mile. So yes, I look forward to next season for Vancouver, but they will not win the Cup next year, it will be a while before they get back to the finals again. Maybe not 15 or 20 years, but not next year.

Thanks for a good season. It may not have lived up to the expectations built up from last year's run, but hey, 2 straight president's trophies (although, I must admit it didn't seem as awesome this year) doesn't sound that bad. :) Better luck next year, and at least we have a longer summer to rest up for the 2012-13 season.

GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:

After last year's run, this has been a terrible season. The team did not even get close to a shot at redemption, heck, didn't even win a home playoff game.

It should be interesting to see how this offseason plays out. Management has a lot of work to do.

Hopefully there will be quite a few changes. The window of opportunity is getting closer to closing for awhile.

Love this team and disappointing to see them lose, but have a lot of faith that they will return a contender again.

It was an odd season - maintained a good pace but never found the next gear - always seemed like one cylinder was not firing properly...

The moves that were made and the coaching decisions were sound - your "best players need to be your best players" and aside from the Sedins, that was not the case in this series - anyone who blames MG or AV wasn't paying attention.

I continue to be nothing but impressed by Henrik - what a character performance: true leadership and carried himself honourably, as did Daniel. So fortunate to have them representing.

Cory has continued to prove himself irreplaceable.

A great showing for Hansen - he stood out as the hardest working player in the series.

Please come back Sami Salo - we need you and hopefully can get you a Cup next year.

The season was great. I am not exactly sure how we managed to lose (in so few games no less) to LA. They are a better team than many give them credit for, but I still don't exactly know where this team went wrong this year.

Oh well... excited to see what happens in the offseason - especially with our goaltending situation.

So because I no longer care about having a great regular season I'm banished? I'd rather the team not coast all season only to fall apart when it counts, but that's just me. I'm sure I'm in the minority.

You sound like one of those bandwagoners.

Bandwagoner?

No, that's people who join in when we're doing well then quickly disperse when we're not.

I'm in it for life...have been for years. Don't throw in the towel because I know that there's more hockey to be played.

A bit of a homer? - yes, have to admit that I am.

But I laugh at guys who think you just go out there and automatically blow through 29 other teams - all year, relentlessly. They didn't coast, they were still battered, bruised and worn and I give them that. Do you know how gruelling a SCF run is when it goes 7 games with a physical team? So I consider that. The psychological baggage that comes with giving it your all, then running out of gas (and into refs who clearly have a preference?)?

Believe me, bandwagoner I'm not.

Three of the last four Pres trophy winners have lost in the first round - Vancouver was the exception last year - and 4 of the last 7 - Detroit is the only Pres troph to win the Stanley Cup in the last 7 years, and also lost in the first round one of those seasons. The thing is, the Canucks are building to last - they will be back, they will continue to contend, and they will get their Cup.

Honestly this must be the worst team to win a Presidents trophy in the history of the NHL. They couldn't score and they seemed to lose the majority of puck battles against the Kings. The boys didn't really WANT to win this series and it showed.

Archived