Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Thanks For A Great Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
174 replies to this topic

#151 wiseupsucker

wiseupsucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

Canucks were tired. Mentally and physically drained. They did not have the desire or motivation of last year. Despite playing some mediocre hockey a lot of the year, still finishing first overall is pretty darn good. Lots of teams like the Leafs, Oilers, Habs and Flames would have done anything to be in the Canucks position. The Canucks were ripe to be beaten this year by a hungry up and coming club like L.A. This league is ultra competitive and you cant always go far in the playoffs. Had the Canucks squeaked out a first round win, maybe changes wouldn't come. But it's time, decisions must be made and players that have once been valuable to this organization in the past must be dealt to bring in some fresh faces and a new attitude. I don't cheer for the Canucks because they win, I cheer for the Canucks because I love them, win or lose, they're it, the only team for me and for all of you. The players need a long rest, months to recharge the batteries and get revitalized to get a new winning attitude from a new coach. Time to start fresh. Keep the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider (Id like to keep Lu as well but I'm not hopeful), Hammer and yes, Keith Ballard (I think he's an underrated player whom was mis-treated by Vigneault). Higgins, Lappy and Hansen as well. Everybody else, either shape up or ship out. This team is too good for players who can't carry their weight out there. Here is a good quote that I think applies to the Canucks. Keep on loving this club, for all time! See you all next season for another great year of Canucks hockey!

"All misfortune is but a stepping stone to fortune"

-Henry David Thoreau

not buying it

#152 Vanderbolt

Vanderbolt

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

Schneider, Sedin, Hansen, Hamhuis and Lou - Thanks for the effort in the post season.

The rest of the boys - practice a lot more this summer and think about your effort please.

During regular season - thanks to Lou, Schneider, Higgins, Hansen, Burr, Lapierre, Edler, Sami, Bieksa, Booth, Kessler, Pahlsson AND Coho

#153 domyours

domyours

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Canucks were tired. Mentally and physically drained. They did not have the desire or motivation of last year. Despite playing some mediocre hockey a lot of the year, still finishing first overall is pretty darn good. Lots of teams like the Leafs, Oilers, Habs and Flames would have done anything to be in the Canucks position. The Canucks were ripe to be beaten this year by a hungry up and coming club like L.A. This league is ultra competitive and you cant always go far in the playoffs. Had the Canucks squeaked out a first round win, maybe changes wouldn't come. But it's time, decisions must be made and players that have once been valuable to this organization in the past must be dealt to bring in some fresh faces and a new attitude. I don't cheer for the Canucks because they win, I cheer for the Canucks because I love them, win or lose, they're it, the only team for me and for all of you. The players need a long rest, months to recharge the batteries and get revitalized to get a new winning attitude from a new coach. Time to start fresh. Keep the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, Schneider (Id like to keep Lu as well but I'm not hopeful), Hammer and yes, Keith Ballard (I think he's an underrated player whom was mis-treated by Vigneault). Higgins, Lappy and Hansen as well. Everybody else, either shape up or ship out. This team is too good for players who can't carry their weight out there. Here is a good quote that I think applies to the Canucks. Keep on loving this club, for all time! See you all next season for another great year of Canucks hockey!

"All misfortune is but a stepping stone to fortune"

-Henry David Thoreau

I don't cheer for Canucks because they win. I cheer for the Canucks when they've given their all by trying their best even if they lose, that's why I watch this team for. But their performance this year was just nothing but disappointment. Well, there will always be next season. Life goes on............

#154 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,105 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

What street do you think we should start the President's Trophy parade route on?

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#155 wiseupsucker

wiseupsucker

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

thats a good one! :bigblush:

#156 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:02 AM

I like what you've said here. I watch every game and i love my canucks hockey, even when we aren't on top of the world.

Sorry, but have to say it...don't let the door hit ya in the butt.

I go to games during the year and have had a great year. I know, as fans, the only thing we want is a cup. But it just isn't that easy. Obviously.

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#157 CanuckNut4Life

CanuckNut4Life

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

Why he will get traded anyways......

:picard:

No. The guy had hip surgery. He had a rough year, Doesn't mean he's getting traded.

#158 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,001 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Hope they bounce back next yr. but then we have been saying this for over 40 yrs lol

Still can't believe they can lose 3 straight home games. :(

#159 Captain-Canuck2562

Captain-Canuck2562

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

Obviously there were lots of ups and downs for the Canucks this season, but it seems that they just lack the motivation they had last year to get the Stanley Cup Finals.
Better luck next season boys!

Believe in Blue :canucks:

great!?... Eliminated in the first round is not great!

#160 Nomorelosers

Nomorelosers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

LOSERS.

#161 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

Thanks for a great regular season.

The Sedins deserve a Cup and their time is running out. It's a shame that these guys are the only ones playing well in the post-season. They're leading by example here and no one is following.

If I was MG I'd be disgusted with our peripheral-player's performances, heck even our "core guys" like Kesler and Bieksa have disgusted me. Get rid of guys like Higgins and Lapierre if they're only going to be "one-hit-wonders" and find some players who will actually respect and follow the Sedin's play.

We need more skilled guys on this team and less grinders who are playing uninspired.
Posted Image

#162 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:51 AM

Lidstrom says hi.

He is the only one that says hi...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#163 iinatcc

iinatcc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

He is the only one that says hi...

Chara?

#164 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Chara?

Oh, you're good.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#165 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

And for the record, the Leafs apologized to their fans for their season. The Canucks should offer us a full refund.

If I paypal you $10 will you cheer for another team and never post here again?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#166 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for a great Regular season! Fourth in a row of over 100 points... but a big fail to another playoff disaster. Couple this year with the other two years where we melted down against Chicago and it sure doesn't look good after the regular seasons they had. Canucks have looked more like San Jose who just can't ever get it done, just like Luongo who looked like Curtis Joseph who couldn't get it done in the playoffs either.

#167 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for the strong showing in the regular season, and for being a class act.

Would have been good to see the guys go deep into the playoffs again. But, it didn't look too realistic this time around and, besides, we can't always have what we want!

No matter what happens in the off-season, thanks and good luck to all players and coaches alike.

#168 RWFT_Canuck

RWFT_Canuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Had a great season missing just 15 games while away in Africa. Its upsetting that we;re out already, but this team goes on to fight another day, and the fans go on to cheer another play. Summer has just begun!
RWFT_CANUCK
Posted Image

#169 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Yeah... Still left a bad taste in my mouth though.

#170 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

Obviously there were lots of ups and downs for the Canucks this season, but it seems that they just lack the motivation they had last year to get the Stanley Cup Finals.
Better luck next season boys!

Believe in Blue :canucks:

I think if they couldn't muster the motivation after last years heart breaking lose than they don't have a pulse. Or maybe they just lack the guts and heart to get it done, which is gonna require some major changes ?

I'm tired of saying thankyou year after year for the last 18 years for nothing so i'm gonna pass. SHOW ME THE BEEF!

Edited by Hockey Fever, 23 April 2012 - 09:45 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#171 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,540 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Ok I'm ready to be positive now:

Listen folks, all year long there have been issues with this team - issues that we've all been concerned about and issues that the media has been talking about non stop. The players said all the right things in trying to avoid admitting that there was a problem but, in the end, those concerns that we've been voicing (lack of production, defensive blunders, lack of toughness, etc) ended up leading to our demise when it mattered the most.

We the fans may be fickle and emotional at times but we also know our team. We knew something was wrong all along.

I'm sorry that this beauty of a team couldn't perform better. I personally will not hold much stock in their regular season success anymore because clearly it's irrelevant in the playoffs. I'm just sorry that this talented team is now parked in the garage while other, less talented teams are still out there competing.

It broke my heart when the team saluted the fans at centre ice yesterday. The fans are giving them a standing O after a shattering loss. That's the kind of fanbase we have. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we're loyal to a fault.

We'll get our Cup someday and it'll be so well deserved when we do. I just hope that it's with the core group of players that we have now. I want to see the twins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, Hamhuis, Bieksa, etc hoist a Cup here. It'd be amazing.

Anyways, thanks boys for another good season of hockey. For all you do on and off the ice we will be forever proud and supportive. Hope we get our coveted result soon.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#172 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

:picard:

No. The guy had hip surgery. He had a rough year, Doesn't mean he's getting traded.

If he can't regain his strength and form next year and become the player he was, the Nucks are in big trouble. I'll wait and see???

Edited by Hockey Fever, 23 April 2012 - 09:48 PM.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".

#173 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

Ok I'm ready to be positive now:

Listen folks, all year long there have been issues with this team - issues that we've all been concerned about and issues that the media has been talking about non stop. The players said all the right things in trying to avoid admitting that there was a problem but, in the end, those concerns that we've been voicing (lack of production, defensive blunders, lack of toughness, etc) ended up leading to our demise when it mattered the most.

We the fans may be fickle and emotional at times but we also know our team. We knew something was wrong all along.

I'm sorry that this beauty of a team couldn't perform better. I personally will not hold much stock in their regular season success anymore because clearly it's irrelevant in the playoffs. I'm just sorry that this talented team is now parked in the garage while other, less talented teams are still out there competing.

It broke my heart when the team saluted the fans at centre ice yesterday. The fans are giving them a standing O after a shattering loss. That's the kind of fanbase we have. I've said it before and I'll say it again: we're loyal to a fault.

We'll get our Cup someday and it'll be so well deserved when we do. I just hope that it's with the core group of players that we have now. I want to see the twins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, Hamhuis, Bieksa, etc hoist a Cup here. It'd be amazing.

Anyways, thanks boys for another good season of hockey. For all you do on and off the ice we will be forever proud and supportive. Hope we get our coveted result soon.

Sorry to be a Debbie downer but i said the exact same thing in '94 and yeah........i'm still waiting ? I'm beginning to think i won't see it in my life time, but hay all the power to ya. You keep up the positivity and i'll remain skeptical because it hurts too much every year to get my hopes up.

Edited by Hockey Fever, 23 April 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Posted Image

#174 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

If we coulda just win ONE CUP, it wouldn't feel so bad getting knocked out every other year.

#175 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:27 AM

Thanks to all of the guys, your all really likeable people and great players, and a great team. It's an incredibly tough journey, you have been on, but you all have overcome alot of emotinal and physical adversity, and played like warriors for our great city.
Sorry about all of the armchair critics, especially between Lou and Schneids fans. We definitely have a passionate fanbase.
Hopefully we can all become a little more supportive, and a little less critcal next season.
Have a great summer guys and thanks for the memories. See you in the fall. :) :canucks: :towel:

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.