The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av And Coaching Issues Thread

-SN-

Yes a coaching change is needed. It's pretty blatantly clear that even if AV is the best coach around HE CANNOT get this team to perform for him. President trophy winners aren't supposed to get bumped from the first round in a series that wasn't even close.

The coaches job is to prepare for the opponents, and make sure the guys are motivated and ready.

New system needed, and a new coach.

Good idea Stealth

IMO:

The core isn't going anywhere

There will be changes to the bottom depth players

But these same players, if given a different system to play with, could be much more effective than they were this year. And a player like Kassian will never flourish under AV's style of play.

When we got Kassian I think that was an indication that AV's time here was coming to an end.

Look for a change in coaches I believe

could the time have finally come? I've been waiting for AV to move for 4 seasons now.. I appreciate the effort he's made, I just have never been a fan and I think the team needs a fresh set of coaches behind the bench. The PP was a disgrace this playoffs and I felt like AV was far too passive, as is his nature from what we've seen.

Time to start over with a new system and new look.. think it could do this team wonders :)

Good idea Stealth

IMO:

The core isn't going anywhere

There will be changes to the bottom depth players

But these same players, if given a different system to play with, could be much more effective than they were this year. And a player like Kassian will never flourish under AV's style of play.

When we got Kassian I think that was an indication that AV's time here was coming to an end.

Look for a change in coaches I believe

I am just gonna say what I have said for almost 6 years: we have a slow learner coach with a high octane team, he loaths high scores, and would rather hope that he wins more coin flip one goal games than the other guys, due to his high calibre team. This is a blessing in disguise in that it affords MG the opportunity to change coaches while he still has the high profile core to come back with next year....side note: Raymond can join AV on the plane. My gas, no worries...the car is warm, go pack.

The team was too predictable. Drop pass while crossing the blue and/or throw it into the opposite corner while using the D to pinch. All the opponents need to do with the Canucks was collapse to the night and box out anyone attacking..

Archived