The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av And Coaching Issues Thread

-SN-

sergei shirokov

micheal grabner

cody hodgson

three top talents who could of all helped this team....

im seriously amused at the AV lovers I made a similar thread to this a year back.......

Im going to ask the question again why doesnt young talent want to stay here? simple answer AV is not patient with them, AV cannot help the development of superstars!

Just look at what he did to Zack Kassian 3 minutes freaking 3 minutes?

go back to hodgson in the playoffs he made one mistake benched

seriously AV can never develop any young talent

all these players would of been a great fit on the canucks yet you love your precious mason raymond, bitz, wiese, and insert more grinders ! hhaha

I think conditioning was the issue with Shirokov.

Grabner trade was a mistake (though I think still justifiable given the circumstances).

Truth's just coming out now with Hodgson...

If any of our young guys are going to gain some experience playing on the 4th line, it will be Kassian. I'm confident that his development will not be botched.

He developed Coho just fine and dandy, its called patience; something CDC has very little of.

Grabner has been known to have had motivation issues - It was only until FLA placed him on waivers that he realized he had to try harder; played like crap this year anyways; sounds kinda heartless..

Shirokov isn't in the NHL; Canucks made the right move. AHL>>>KHL for development.

And as it turns out; Coho is a whiny bitch anyways; good reason to move him.

We won't know what happened in the Hodgson situation until we get his side of things. You can't possibly know what has happened in a dispute by listening to one side. I'm appalled at how most people seem to accept whatever Gillis says. In our courts we have a prosecution side and a defence side for a reason. Please wait until we get the other side.

But I do agree with the OP... Coach V loves his two-way grinders and has developed guys like Burrows, Kesler and ... ugh... Raymond into good ones (well Raymond is at least speedy and good at back-checking unless he's trying to check Kopitar).

We won't know what happened in the Hodgson situation until we get his side of things. You can't possibly know what has happened in a dispute by listening to one side. I'm appalled at how most people seem to accept whatever Gillis says. In our courts we have a prosecution side and a defence side for a reason. Please wait until we get the other side.

Agreed, AV has helped develop a large chunk of the team's core. its not taht he doesn't like young talent, he just expects them to buy nto the team system and develop into defensively responsible 2 two way players.

I think he is not a fan of 1 dimensional offensive players who are a defensive liability and don't want to work within the coaches system and improve their defensive game.

Just listened to Botchford on TSN suggesting that MG did not give AV a vote of confidence in the press conference today... Not sure what press conference Botchford was watching, but MG very clearly defended his coach - but do Botchford and Gallagher ever let the truth get in the way? That probably doesn't make for a very good story for the Province scribblers who have numbered AV's days for quite some time, but MG did not exactly mince words - he said that he had to receive feedback regarding himself first, and not presuming to move on to AV before that - but then he certainly made his own endorsement of AV very clear.

Archived