The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av And Coaching Issues Thread

-SN-

MacTavish should be in.

They need to play with more tricks in the book. They need to shoot the puck from the center, create funny bounces. They need to flip the puck to the goal to create soft rebounds. It seems like they are never able to pick up the rebounds. The logic is simple. The shots fired by Raymond are too slow to beat the goalie, yet too quick to create meaningful bounces in front of the net. The forwards need to get bigger because it is obvious that they get manhandled easily by the opposing D. They simply don't have the space because they cannot create the space for themselves. I thought they were lucky last year. This year, the inferior product really showed. How many times have you said "it was a brilliant play"? Not too many this year. They missed the IQ of Ehrhoff.

AV's been outcoached many-a-times, even when the team went on to win the series (i.e. Chitown series of last year). He didn't like his matchups after game one, but hardly did anything to change it.

That and it still pisses me off that he changed a lineup that was gaining momentum near the end of the season. And then again tonight with Weise over Kassian. Even if Weise is the 'better' player currently, you should just keep the winning line-up gaining momentum, the Canucks clearly needed any they could get..

There's a lot of reasons I think AV should be let go, but those two are the most glaring right now.

He helped a lot of players reach their potential, but it is time for a playoff coach to lead the team to a cup (a la Savard to Quenneville, and Therrien to Bylsma).

Good-bye Alain Vigneault and Rick Bowness and maybe Newell Brown as well. Rollie stick around.

His time is over, the team needs a new voice and ideas. I would welcome MacT or Crawford over him.

He losses Daniel and his team completely falls apart, found a line that worked late in the season with Lappy, Burrows and Henrik then juggles the lines again come playoff time.

His time is over, the team needs a new voice and ideas. I would welcome MacT or Crawford over him.

He losses Daniel and his team completely falls apart, found a line that worked late in the season with Lappy, Burrows and Henrik then juggles the lines again come playoff time.

They have too many perimeter guys. It's amazing how little time they actually spend lurking in the slot. The slot has become non-existent. The slap-pass has become non existent. They will never make the cross-the-crease play, because there's a one-percent chance that it's gonna get intercepted. This really speaks volume to the amount of EGO this team has. And I am saying this after watching 20 years of this team. They think they need to have the prettiest plays on earth. Guess what, you can be lucky one year, but not the next year.

The goal is to fight for the puck and get it back to the D-men. Then the D-men dumps it back to the boards. What on Earth is this?

I believe it is time for a change, I mean consider the alternative...

A team with this much talent is completely reliant on goaltending? Seriously? How can you hope to have any success in this league if the goalie has to pitch a shutout just to win a game?

I swear its like AV pays less attention to the way his team is playing then the average Canuck fan. Its like hes a spectator behind that bench, rather then a coach/mentor/tutor et al. The team in front of him plays just as pedestrian at times.

Like C Henrik said, they basically gave the first two games of the series and coaching is a big part of this. AV and Co should be gone, he will get picked up by Montreal in a heartbeat. I would like to see C Mactavish come in and take over.

Its also clear that the Hodgson trade has been a bad one so far, bad move by Gillis. Hodgson was providing some offence and we got a couple plugs back in return. Kassian has potential but he is still a couple years away from primetime, Gragnani is a bigger question mark.

The problem was not only Hodgson, but Pahlsson. You already had two Selke calibre centers in Malhotra and Kesler who could shut down any line. Then you get a guy with absolutely no offense to speak of. So basically, you are left with 3 non-scoring lines. When Sedin went down, the last scoring line also disappeared.

Michael Gillis has made many questionable calls with Sundin, Grabner, Hodgson, Luongo (giving him that big fat contract).

Archived