The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Kes Ever 100% This Year?

NuckZin2011

Yes, he was 100%. He just didn't cut it out there. There is no such thing as turning on a switch or turning it up in the playoffs, you've got to be good all year and carry that into the SCP. He had a short, very ahort summer, couldn't train, workout or get in shape. What do you expect? He was one step behind all year, and David Booth didn't help.

Keep Ryan Kesler, he has the heart, drive and potential to win us a Stanley Cup, and he will, just not this year.

Sure would be nice to have CoHo around so that Kesler would even be an option to trade. Its like since CoHo went, his production dropped off even MORE from the poor pace he was already on. He makes $5million long term and has zero risk of anyone moving up the lineup to take his job. I certainly hope this offseason he trains hard and puts up 70+pts, otherwise maybe we can trade Luongo+Kassian and get someone like CoHo back.

He only missed 8 or 9 season games this year right?

If he's not 100%, I wonder why he couldn't just rest a bit more, or train/workout a bit more before going back into the line-up. He could have let Hodgson play on the 2nd line longer.

His problem is he thinks he's 41 goal Kesler now and not 25 goal 75 point Kesler. He needs to go back to setting people up instead of trying ridiculous shots. His injury doesn't affect his hockey IQ, which lacked this entire season.

Hi all,

I don't know about you, I have the feeling that Kesler was playing injured the entire season. I don't think he ever fully recovered from his off season surgery. To me, he never seemed to get his legs back and he was a step behind where he was last year. Hopefully a long break this summer will have him back to the Kes we all know and love.

Archived