The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Kes Ever 100% This Year?

NuckZin2011

yeah there was no way he even got to 85% healthy this year, u could tell in the way he skated, walked, shot, hit everything. His shot didnt have the same power and accuracy he has had in previous years. If he were any other guy that hip surgery would have kept him out of commission for 8 months at least. That's what i was told when i tore tendons in my hand that required surgery so a hip would be way worse. I don't think Manny or Mason were ever anywhere close to 100% either so it just added to their issues.

We may have gotten the Presidents Trophy but i didn't really see our guys playing at 100% more than a few times this year. They just needed this summer to continue healing and get right back at it next year.

The Flyers had two guys like Kesler on their team last year (Carter and Mike Richards) and they decided to jettison them and go young. It has actually worked quite well for them even though must pundits at the time thought it wouldn't. Yes, Carter and Richards are both on the team that beat the Canucks but it is not like they are the reasons why. Other than game one they actually both had a pretty poor series.

I really wouldn't be against trading Kesler. His negativity is not healthy in my opinion and up to this point in his career I think the Nashville series last year is the only thing saving his legacy.

Sometimes you need to know when to move in a new direction even when it seems like a move that is against the grain. If I was MG I was certainly let it be known that Kesler is available for the right price.

The Flyers had two guys like Kesler on their team last year (Carter and Mike Richards) and they decided to jettison them and go young. It has actually worked quite well for them even though must pundits at the time thought it wouldn't. Yes, Carter and Richards are both on the team that beat the Canucks but it is not like they are the reasons why. Other than game one they actually both had a pretty poor series.

I really wouldn't be against trading Kesler. His negativity is not healthy in my opinion and up to this point in his career I think the Nashville series last year is the only thing saving his legacy.

Sometimes you need to know when to move in a new direction even when it seems like a move that is against the grain. If I was MG I was certainly let it be known that Kesler is available for the right price.

Yes. 100% unable to find chemistry with any linemates and 100% selfish with the puck.

He doesn't know how to use linemates and thinks he's 'all that'. Kesler's ego and arrogance surpasses the accumulated ego of most entire teams imo.

Also AV doesn't know how to coach him.

That is one of the most stupid posts I've seen tonight. Ryan Kesler is a franchise player. His price tag is that high for valid reason. He IS a team player, this guy could be Captain, heck, in my opinion, should be captain. Kes is a warrior, a workhorse, when he doesn't score goals, he makes all those simple unnoticeable plays that he doesn't get enough credit for. There is a reason he won the Selke trophy last year. ANY team other than the Canucks hates to play against Kesler, but in a heartbeat would trade for him. Ryan Kesler is my favourite player, and always will be.

That is one of the most stupid posts I've seen tonight. Ryan Kesler is a franchise player. His price tag is that high for valid reason. He IS a team player, this guy could be Captain, heck, in my opinion, should be captain. Kes is a warrior, a workhorse, when he doesn't score goals, he makes all those simple unnoticeable plays that he doesn't get enough credit for. There is a reason he won the Selke trophy last year. ANY team other than the Canucks hates to play against Kesler, but in a heartbeat would trade for him. Ryan Kesler is my favourite player, and always will be.

Archived