Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Was Kes Ever 100% This Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

#91 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,479 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

Is Kesler ever 100%?

It seem like if he's not playing well, people will use Kesler's injury as an excuse.

15rntht.png

#92 nucklehead53

nucklehead53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

I hate to say this, but I hope he was not 100% (not wishing bad on him or anything). If he wasn't, then maybe he can recondition, recuperate and refocus on next year
It only takes one hard fought series to make a rivalry

#93 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

1. I saw him passing a lot in this series and not taking the puck himself except when necessary.
2. This is stupid. The goal that won us game 3, who was screening Quick on that shot? That's right, Kesler. Like I said, even if he's not scoring he does everything else on the ice and he does it better than anyone else on the team.
3. I saw one embellishment after the Kings embellished, so I wasn't mad at that at all.
4. Kesler is our best forward in the defensive zone and was in this series too, I don't know what you're watching. He always backchecks hard and with speed.

Without Kesler the Canucks lose any dynamism the team has (which isn't a lot to begin with). You're all crazy, honestly.

Ok, i'll bite.

1) I saw the passing different than you, and not enough time in my day to play by play each game video.
2) We didn't win game 3, I assume you mean game 4. And, you must be talking about the slapper from Edler. Yes, he was screening, and that certainly made the goal possible, but he was also -1 for the night. BTW, that was the tying goal, not the winning goal. He was not on the ice for the winning goal, for that goal, on ice was 7, 22, 33, 23, 3
3) One embellishment? That whole "shaft of the stick in the face" while going by Quick was awful. It set the tone for the refs, and probably cost us calls in that game.
4) Yes, he kills penalties fearlessly. But we didn't lose because too many goals went in, we lost because of a lack of offence.

Once again, I repeat, I am not advocating his trade, but the first reply was to the Captaincy and the adjectives used to describe him.

Heres hoping we actually see "beast mode" next year.
Sig too big.

#94 Marty Robbins

Marty Robbins

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

i hope not

#95 Poofy

Poofy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

NTC starts next season so now is the time to shop him around and listen to some offers.

#96 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

NTC starts next season so now is the time to shop him around and listen to some offers.

See, I think this is the wrong approach. Get him someone to play with, specifically a right winger. I see promise in Booth with the Sedins, Burrows with Kes, but they either need a right winger OR a natural two way center. No, Hodgson probably wasn't the answer, but maybe a guy like Nik Antropov, Brooks Laich, or Paul Gaustad

BTW, Semin is UFA, might not be a bad fit.

Edited by WL Canuck Fan, 23 April 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Sig too big.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.