The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "schneider Is Unproven Argument"

Tangelos

I hate to throw things like "facts" in here to muddy your argument, but please include any statistics or facts to back up your claim that Luongo is not performing as well anymore? His numbers have continued to be consistent every year that he has played here including this year.

So, using your analogy... would you rather have a veteran employee who has consistently been among the very best on the planet at his job AND who you have under contract for a reasonable salary for a long term.

OR would you like a young up and comer (possible) superstar who you don't have under contract and could end up being a total bust, very expensive, or could decide to move on to another company in a couple of years for a better salary.

Using a realistic version of your analogy, it makes a much more difficult decision.

Remind me what happens to Luongo when someone throws him off his game? His stats? He's a good goalie against teams that don't play at the edge like Preds, Kings, Sharks. But when it gets dirty, he loses his game to teams like boston and chicago (byfuglien).

Hmm lets look at some of the other top goalies in the game this season:

Rinne 2.39

Fleury 2.36

Thomas 2.36

Kiprosoff 2.35

Niemi 2.42

Miller 2.55

Brodeur 2.41

Price 2.43

I could go on... even using bad logic like picking out a single year like you have, you fail to make your argument.

I understand that some of you love Lou...but how do you defend his 2.41 GAA...questioning his stats is not being a " casual fan" notone of you defends his numbers with any kind of logic.....I see that special ed did not defend the "tired lou" opinion !! very selective ED !

???

They may not be Vezina winners, but your argument that Luongo is no longer able to perform because for one year, he is only in the middle of the pack of elite goaltenders rather than a Vezina nominee is just a massive fail. Your insistence on defending this in spite of actual facts to the contrary is making you look like a tool.

I don't see Schneider being among the nominees this year either.

Did nobody see how badley he was out of position on the tieing goal lastnight?

I'm not a Luongo fanboi nor am I a Schneider fanboi, I'm a fan of the team and want what's best for them, but to ignorantly say "Schneider is better" is just....well....ignorant.

He's 1-4 in NHL playoffs

He was caught badley out of position costing us games 3-5.

He has never played more than 30 games in a season.

The boy doesn't have the common sense to throw his mask off after being hit in the head.

I've seen too many times a rookie netminder come into the league trying to secure a #1 spot and play lights out and get that spot, only to disappear in following seasons (See Cam Ward for example)

Luongo has proven he can get to the playoffs season after season, what I don't understand is when the team scores 8 goals in 7 games it's Luongo's fault we lost.

Schneider on the other hand loses 2 games, is caught badley out of position costing us games, the team scores 7 goals in 5 games and now all of a sudden because Schneider is in net it's the offense that cost us the game?

I'll stick with the proven product, as much as I like Schneider he is unproven , and that's a fact.

Archived