The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The "schneider Is Unproven Argument"

Tangelos

I think lots of teams would want him... he is in the top 3 of virtually every statistical category since the lockout and he hasn't shown that he is declining as of yet.

He immediately gives you a chance to make the playoffs, and at a decent price tag.

I think an obvious no-brainer is Tampa, but there are dark horse ideas out there as well. Montreal is going to see massive changes, is currently buggered for cap space, and may not want to or be able to invest the $6+ million it will take to get Price under contract.

Adding a hometown boy who is francophone and represents their massive Italian population would be a big step in repairing their image in Quebec. Maybe Luongo wouldn't want to step into the spotlight again there, but maybe he would love a chance to play for the most storied franchise in the league which he also grew up rooting for.

As far as I'm concerned all Luongo has proven since joining the Canucks is that despite his status as a world class goaltender he is also a world class choker come playoff time.

When Lu is on his game he is incredible, but when he's off his game he is a train wreck. To me his time with this team is coming to a close. I don't see him continuing on in Vancouver without drastically reducing our chances at success.

I think most Canucks fans have a similar feeling about the situation: we love Lu but he's proven to us that we cannot trust him when things get tough.

The problem is that when your own fan base has lost its faith in you, jeers you, and is calling for your head most of the time then its time to say goodbye. It's not a must but it's probably best in the long-term. Luongo has 10 years left on his contract if you think the pressure is on now, give it a few more years without a cup and poor playoff performances. He will be booed out of the province. It's sad but that is the reality of the situation.

Hello there folks, we've all heard it before, that Schneider is "unproven". Now I've spent a lot of time trying to understand this argument as it seems to be the only one the Luongo "lovers" can come up with for why Schneider shouldn't be the number 1 guy. I have concluded that this is in fact not an argument but BS that spews from those that fear change for whatever reason.

So here's what I've come up with:

According to you luongo "lovers", Schneider is as you put it, "unproven". Okay so basically what I understand is that in order to prove himself, he has to play a lot of games, but in order to play a lot of games, he has to prove himself. You see how I'm having a hard time understanding the whole "unproven" argument? It's a lose-lose situation for Schneider! He can't prove himself because we won't play him as our number 1! And we won't play him as our number 1 because he's unproven!! GO FIGURE!!!

This is some Inception crap am I right!!!

I can appreciate the fact that some of you love Luongo but I think the people who realize that this is a business and NOT a popularity contest will agree that he has (for lack of better words) "sh*t the bed" on numerous BIG occasions and that change is needed.

You sure you're not just a Schneider hater? You find every way to bash him regardless of how well he plays.

For a guy who says "U MAD BRO", you sure you have $2000? I'm not sure your parents would offer to pay that amount for you.

See I won. U r mad. Easy money.

I'm a realist. Luongo is better than Schneider. Just look at the pedigree and the big picture. Schneider is good and I like him but I don't like everyone thinking that u just replace Lu with Schneids = cup. To me we still have a better chance with Lu, if he still wants to stay here. And with a NTC in play it's more likely Schneider will get dealt. Not to mention the history that Lu has with us I would be disapointed if management just tosses him aside. Don't think they will. In fact I think management will have a sit down with luongo and see what he wants to do. If Lu wants to stay and play to win in Vancouver. I feel he's staying.

I just don't see a Tampa team that is to a degree re-tooling wanting to take on a guy on the decline with a huge contract. I think they would want to explore a younger option... For the Habs I wouldn't know why they wouldn't want to pay Price who is excellent and improving slightly more than a guy ten years older who is slipping ?

With his age and the fact that his best years are behind him a team wouldn't want to give up too much for him and would have to ship back a "bad" contract.

I'm sorry !! Lou had a dismal 2.41 GGA this season...hardly stellar and not even top 10. he was mired in the middle of the pack all season. A 2,41 GAA is just that...an average...meaning..he was better than that and worse than that. He failed to be consistant...his win /loss record was 31 and 22, again, hardly great on a first placed team. What hes done in the past is history...anyone playing goal this past season could have put up those numbers.

Schneider beat Lou in every category you can find, based on games played. The reason why Schneids will continue to shine is that he is fundamentally very very solid. His game is consistant as a result. He may not be perfect every game, but hes a much better goalie and risk than Luongo is now. We might be able to keep both, but IMO Lou will back up Cory !

Hello there folks, we've all heard it before, that Schneider is "unproven". Now I've spent a lot of time trying to understand this argument as it seems to be the only one the Luongo "lovers" can come up with for why Schneider shouldn't be the number 1 guy. I have concluded that this is in fact not an argument but BS that spews from those that fear change for whatever reason.

So here's what I've come up with:

According to you luongo "lovers", Schneider is as you put it, "unproven". Okay so basically what I understand is that in order to prove himself, he has to play a lot of games, but in order to play a lot of games, he has to prove himself. You see how I'm having a hard time understanding the whole "unproven" argument? It's a lose-lose situation for Schneider! He can't prove himself because we won't play him as our number 1! And we won't play him as our number 1 because he's unproven!! GO FIGURE!!!

This is some Inception crap am I right!!!

I can appreciate the fact that some of you love Luongo but I think the people who realize that this is a business and NOT a popularity contest will agree that he has (for lack of better words) "sh*t the bed" on numerous BIG occasions and that change is needed.

I did say...might be able to keep both...but if not...the Canucks will try to keep Schneider and move Lou. Keeping the goalie who is almost half a goal better per game is a no brainer....especially in this league with so much parity and where goals are a premium.

Archived