The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Anyone Else Think Hamius Was Hooked In Ot?

nwo

When the play first happened, I was thinking he was being held, but after watching the replay, it was pretty much a case of great backchecking by the Kings' player (Lewis?)

I feel bad for Hammer. He was easily the Canucks' best defender in this series, but people will remember this play as the one that lost Vancouver the series, even though it was yet another terrible play by Edler on the Richardson goal that was the real culprit.

Dive? I hate everytime someone falls, everyone calls dive. Sometimes they just fall. It doesn't ONLY happen to Raymond. I don't deny embellishments happen sometimes. But every team, every player has embellished at some time. I can find an instant for any player. But sometimes they mess up, they fall. It sucks we lost. But he wasn't trying to dive in overtime at our blueline.

I agree the seasons over nothing we can do, but a similar play where a King felt a tap on his legs and went down when he may have had a path to the net and it was called against us. if you're gonna call it in the 2nd period call it in OT. done venting looking forward to next season

Hammer was not hooked, he was simply trying to do too much by going around the LA players, would have been better to make a simple pass out of the zone. Ended up being a turnover, and a costly one as we all know.

Thought it was a penalty watching it live but in replays it's not.

That little hit made him lose his balance a bit, and ironically enough if he wasn't holding the Kings player's stick he prob would not have gone down like that.

Hard to say in the new NHL though, I've seen much lesser hooks deemed to be a penalty but in reality, no penalty.

Archived