Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Does Anyone Else Think Hamius Was Hooked In Ot?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#31 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,108 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The series is over - the better team won.
Canucks just didn't have it in them this year.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

cdc-unavailable.jpg

#32 DarthANGER

DarthANGER

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

He was not hooked. He thought he could handle around a few Kings players instead of chipping it off the boards. He failed miserably and cost us the game. This is the dumb crap that was happening all series and we payed for it! Idiots making idiotic plays!! :angry:

Edited by DarthANGER, 23 April 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#33 Provost

Provost

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,253 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:35 AM

Sure looked like it to me.

Nope... he fell down and if anything he could have gotten a penalty for grabbing onto the guy's stick as he fell to hold him up from joining the rush.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#34 ubcanuck

ubcanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

Nope. But the replay clearly showed him clutching a Kings stick.

#35 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

I honestly think he took a dive at the most important moment of the yr...he held onto the guys stick and tried to draw a penalty. Brutal

Like alot of players on our team, he was holding the LA players stick while going down and tring to draw a penalty when he should have been playing hockey. This is basicaly why we need a coaching change. It seems that 5 on 5 play is for drawing penalties and the PP is for scoring. Might work in the regular season but not in the play-offs.

formerly......puck n icehole

#36 Jimmy.crack.corn

Jimmy.crack.corn

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

He got pushed off the puck, lost his balance, and then out of desperation knowing what him falling down means, grabbed onto the LA players stick to attempt to draw a penalty.

I'd rather him try to do that rather than nothing at all. But he was clearly knocked off the puck and then fell.
woooo no sig!!!

#37 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

No, high risk play. I haven't seen Hamhuis carry the puck all year long, why freaking now?

Was barely a hook. Would have been called in Oct-Nov, but Hamhuis more or less lost his footing on his own.

#38 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

It was a bad decision on his part to try and skate it out nearly last man back.

He is a small dman who lost the battle and got knocked off the puck. We lost almost every puck battle this series.

Not a penalty.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#39 Walkin'2929

Walkin'2929

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

No. He lost his footing when he was checked. Unfortunate really. I'm sure he feels bad about it. He's not to blame for the loss though.

#40 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,758 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

When the play first happened, I was thinking he was being held, but after watching the replay, it was pretty much a case of great backchecking by the Kings' player (Lewis?)

I feel bad for Hammer. He was easily the Canucks' best defender in this series, but people will remember this play as the one that lost Vancouver the series, even though it was yet another terrible play by Edler on the Richardson goal that was the real culprit.

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 23 April 2012 - 10:24 AM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#41 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,312 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

When the play first happened, I was thinking he was being held, but after watching the replay, it was pretty much a case of great backchecking by the Kings' player (Lewis?)

I feel bad for Hammer. He was easily the Canucks' best defender in this series, but people will remember this play as the one that lost Vancouver the series, even though it was yet another terrible play by Edler on the Richardson goal that was the real culprit.

Not defending Edler but there were three other Canucks just watching on the play as wekl
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#42 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

Dive? I hate everytime someone falls, everyone calls dive. Sometimes they just fall. It doesn't ONLY happen to Raymond. I don't deny embellishments happen sometimes. But every team, every player has embellished at some time. I can find an instant for any player. But sometimes they mess up, they fall. It sucks we lost. But he wasn't trying to dive in overtime at our blueline.

#43 FireGillis

FireGillis

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Hamius thought he was ???? bobby orr.

titanic.png Proud member of 2016 tank nation! :towel:

#44 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

No. He lost his footing when he was checked. Unfortunate really. I'm sure he feels bad about it. He's not to blame for the loss though.

Um, yes, he is to blame. He could've made a simple chip play, but what does he try 'n do? Some end to end horse ecrap hero crap? frack!!!!!

#45 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:59 AM

No that was on Hamhuis, good non-call by the refs.

#46 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

I thought it was a penalty at first too, until I saw the replay. He was off balance, knew he was going down and held onto the stick... I presume to make sure the kings didn't have a 3-on-1. Good non-call by the officials.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

#47 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Another no but I saw the replay on Mason Raymond's wrap around ... how did that NOT go in ... missed it by inches. He could have earned his whole season's keep with that OT goal.

#48 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I agree the seasons over nothing we can do, but a similar play where a King felt a tap on his legs and went down when he may have had a path to the net and it was called against us. if you're gonna call it in the 2nd period call it in OT. done venting looking forward to next season

#49 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Homer Hall Of Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,296 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

One thing that I'm learning over the years, "it is what it is".

Won't change anything so all the would have should have dids didn't are irrelevant. And just wasted energy to pursue...

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#50 Amaneey

Amaneey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hammer was not hooked, he was simply trying to do too much by going around the LA players, would have been better to make a simple pass out of the zone. Ended up being a turnover, and a costly one as we all know.

#51 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

yup, and then he was sliding to the boards...

#52 snolan

snolan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Thought it was a penalty watching it live but in replays it's not.

That little hit made him lose his balance a bit, and ironically enough if he wasn't holding the Kings player's stick he prob would not have gone down like that.

Hard to say in the new NHL though, I've seen much lesser hooks deemed to be a penalty but in reality, no penalty.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#53 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:07 PM

tough to say but it doesnt change anything

#54 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,611 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I give him a 8 out of 10 for the dive.

And a 5 out of 10 for trying to sell it to the ref!

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 24 April 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

"You don't know this, but Trevor Linden had cracked ribs and torn rib cartilage for the last four games of the 1994 Stanley Cup Final," Cliff Ronning said. "You can't imagine what it's like to hear your captain, in a room down the hall, screaming at the top of his lungs as they injected the needle into his rib cage. Knowing him, he probably thought we couldn't hear. He would then walk into our dressing room like nothing had happened. That was inspirational."

#55 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

first thing i thought was wow if hamhuis didnt dive there wouldn't of been a 2-1. ironic how the canucks season ends on a dive.

#56 Molli

Molli

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.