The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Coaches Are Available?

hockey21383

Look around the league where the secondary scoring comes from.

STL Perron, Berglund, Pietrangelo

BOS Marchand, Seguin

PHI Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn

OTT Turris

NAS Smith, Hornqvist

Our secondary scoring needs to come from Kassian, Hodgson, Schroeder, Gragni. However AV don't trust them and don't give them a chance. So coaching is a big part of the problem.

MG needs to give him some higher calibre weapons.

If I was AV I would be a wee bit peeved that I keep getting constantly asked to resurrect players like Bitz, Booth, Pahlsson, Burrows, Manny, Kesler and Raymond without quality backup.

Don't get me wrong I like most of them but MG should have gone out and got top 6 insurance if he was serious about the SC this year.

Manny, Kes and Raymond could have been expected to be out of sync. Bitz was broken when we got him and Booth was languishing in Florida's 4th line getting 4th line minutes and looking like he has proved............................. a $4.2M 3rd or 4th liner. (He needs his game overhauled or that's what he is)

Pahlsson was lying dormant, Kassian was no where near ready and Gragnani is a coaching "reboot." I mean, no wonder this new Chief Scout has been hired............MG's present bunch are stitching him up and he's passing it down the line to AV.

None of that looks like credentials for an optimistic SC run to me.

MG should have brought in a quality all round rough tough sniper at the start of the season AND a big skilled kick ass D.

My point is does anybody seriously think these guys were going to light up this year..........would Boston, Philly or Chicago have signed them. They will I'm sure, most of them, come good next year but that was not what we needed. I have every faith in MG but I think he has been ill advised.

starting to wonder if Arniel was brought back into the organization so he would be available to return to his role as coach of the farm, and MacT comes up to be head coach in the event they do decide to go with a coaching change. (not saying its going to happen, but I think they're leaving their options open)

Archived