The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis Passing The Buck On Hodgson Trade Through His Media Shill

gradin123

I forgot wonder boy Hodgson, who had 1 point in the playoffs, would have solved all of our problems. Hodgson did not have the speed or grit to be able to outmuscle the Kings D. If guys like Burrows, Kesler, and Higgins couldn't do it, Hodgson wouldn't either.

Our problems ran deeper than having a third line center. If we're struggling for 2/3 of a game to get the puck out of our zone, we're probably not going to win.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad we weren't able to squeak past the Kings. Clearly there's deeper problems on this team that need to be adressed. This team was too good to struggle against a team like the Kings. If they couldn't beat them, they definitely weren't gonna beat the Preds or Blues, who have better goaltending and more offence.

Gillis is the one who decided which players to put on the teamlooking back he made some stupid trades, it time CDC fans stoped blaming AV and shifted some of the blame to Gillis.I for one think the team would have been better off with Hodgson, Sammuelsson and Erhoff then with Kassiam, Booth and Ballard (Ballards 4.5m could have been enough to keep Erhoff).Just my two cents

I think MG has a great eye for talent and the canucks are in good hands,but mike i beg you when you have two players as talented as the sedins but play that soft ,you dont need fluffy guys like ebbitt and raymond, you NEED nasty big time nasty,its so obvious get er done boy

People think the world of Hodgson.

Did I think he was the next Linden? Quite possibly, but given the fact that he was getting 3rd and 4th line minutes while Raymond was getting 2nd and PP time left me wondering if he was ever gonna get a legit 2nd line shot here. Sure, he'd have to move to the wing, but seeing as how AV often went with 2 centres on the ice, it could've worked.

People thought Kassian was gonna be good, after 3 games with this team. Where are you people now? Turnovers and penalties ultimately left him in the press box. I also wonder, based on his inconsistent play, whether he was trying the power forward the Canucks thought he could be or just another Taylor Pyatt, a big body who didn't know how to use it properly.

The point is that Gillis will face constant scrutiny over this trade and his acquisition of Pahlsson at the trade deadline with the expectation of a lengthy Cup run, not a 5 game flameout.

Just for the record, and getting back to my original post in this topic.

Gallagher is a shill (A shill is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization) for Gillis and Gallagher has been promoting a AV firing all year. So given Gillis's #1 shill in the Vancouver media is calling for AV's head it wouldn't be a stretch to believe Gillis will fire AV in the coming days.

I think the provie needs to get rid of most of their Canucks writers. Botch whines all the time, Gallagher sounds like an old man who is always complaining about something with his conspiracy theories and the rest of them just suck. The only good ones are the bloggers.

I live in Texas and I could do a better job than these hot and cold so-called journalists. It is a joke. I may have to start reading the Sun.

How many times did Hodgson make the difference in one goal games this year? And against top comp, San Jose, Detroit, Boston... We have every reason to believe he might have been the difference in at least 1 or 2 of the games, then its a series!

Plus, we had the ability to pop him onto the 2knd line to juggle Kesler when he was (is) struggling. Think Kesler would have been as complacent if a rookie started getting some of his shifts. I reckon a dynamic young talent lifts everybodys game; check Philly, even Seguin LAST year.

You can't put this on Gillis.

Was he the one playing out there? No.

How many of our payers actually showed up for any of the games?

Burrows - 1 goal, Kesler - 0 goals, Booth - 0 goals, Raymond - 0 goals, Higgins -0 goals, Hansen - 1 goal, Pahlsson - 1 goal.

We had no offence other than a couple of players. And our D couldn't even get the puck out of our zone.

Hodgson would not have made the any difference in this series.

Best first post ever!

I still dont understand why we needed a power forward to play with "Ryan Kesler." We needed a power forward to play with the Twins and a play maker with Kesler. Come to think of it; if we had Manny & Pahlsson as shut down centers; play Kesler with the Twins and promote Hodgson to center the 2knd.

I do blame both MG & AV for never trying this...

:blush:

I think MG has a great eye for talent and the canucks are in good hands,but mike i beg you when you have two players as talented as the sedins but play that soft ,you dont need fluffy guys like ebbitt and raymond, you NEED nasty big time nasty,its so obvious get er done boy

you can blame Gillis all you want. You can say the Hodgson trade was bad, but at the end of the day no one picked up their game. We only started playing in game 3, the first 2 games it honestly looked like we didn't care. We only started getting results when Daniel came back, that is a joke and just unacceptable.

Hodgson trade was quite bad in short term, but in the long term I still beleive Kassian will be a good top 6 forward. Even with Hodgson, we would have not won. This is a team game, one player cannot take the blame, one player cannot win the series.

Archived