The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis Passing The Buck On Hodgson Trade Through His Media Shill

gradin123

Get a coach who knows how to motivate his players when they need to be, AV can't do this and it hurt us big time in this series. With the amount of scoring power this team has even with Daniel out of the lineup, other players should of stepped up, but they didn't, because AV wasn't able to get them motivated to win. And bring in a coach who is more an offensive style coach.

You know that if we fire AV there will be a ton of teams scrambling to sign him. You know why? Because he's a great coach.

Who would you replace him with? MacTavish? :lol: Crawford? :lol: Maurice? :lol:

Unless someone like Quenville or Babcock somehow manages to get fired, AV is the best coach for us. Gillis just needs to get us a top 4 defenceman that can actually quarterback a powerplay, and an elite winger to play with Kesler, then we're set.

You know that if we fire AV there will be a ton of teams scrambling to sign him. You know why? Because he's a great coach.

Unless someone like Quenville or Babcock somehow manages to get fired, AV is the best coach for us. Gillis just needs to get us a top 4 defenceman that can actually quarterback a powerplay, and an elite winger to play with Kesler, then we're set.

I forgot wonder boy Hodgson, who had 1 point in the playoffs, would have solved all of our problems. Hodgson did not have the speed or grit to be able to outmuscle the Kings D. If guys like Burrows, Kesler, and Higgins couldn't do it, Hodgson wouldn't either.

Our problems ran deeper than having a third line center. If we're struggling for 2/3 of a game to get the puck out of our zone, we're probably not going to win.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad we weren't able to squeak past the Kings. Clearly there's deeper problems on this team that need to be adressed. This team was too good to struggle against a team like the Kings. If they couldn't beat them, they definitely weren't gonna beat the Preds or Blues, who have better goaltending and more offence.

Get a coach who knows how to motivate his players when they need to be, AV can't do this and it hurt us big time in this series. With the amount of scoring power this team has even with Daniel out of the lineup, other players should of stepped up, but they didn't, because AV wasn't able to get them motivated to win. And bring in a coach who is more an offensive style coach.

"it's the coach!"

"it's not the coach!"

"then it's the scouts!"

"It's not the scouts"

"then it's the players!"

"it's not the players"

"then it's the GM!"

"it's not the GM!"

"then it's the coach!"

"it's not the coach!"

"then it's the scouts!"

"It's not the scouts"

"then it's the players!"

"it's not the players"

"then it's the GM!"

"it's not the GM!"

i seem to have found a pattern....

I think we need to calm down.

Firstly MG will NOT get rid of AV, not this year at least. That is not his style, he is a guy with a moral ethic and he knows it is easy to have a pat season after the kind of season we had last year. Even then we came through and won the PT.

We had players recovering from injury and we had players who we thought might have made a difference getting injured before we got going. The fact is however we were unable to acquire the type of player that would have made a real difference in the top 6 and in the defence.

I for one was really annoyed at the Booth trade and am on record at the time. I took the time to go back using GC Live and look at his style and performance in Florida. I thought then, that his style wouldn't change with us and it hasn't. His one handed play gives him little or no options. He is not a bust yet, but he needs to change style and play a team game, that is the only way he will be effective.

We thought we had depth but in the SC physical impact and ability to snipe goals trumps depth. Too many of our players lost form and too many were too similar. Even a player who has lost his scoring touch can make an impact if he is big enough.

Regards Hodgson, I agree with DN above. He wasn't going to alter the course of these games. In fact I suspect he would have been ground out of them due to his lack of speed and physicality. What we needed was a Perry or a Getzlaf, we got Kassian.

I still think we need to give AV and his coaches another season but even they will know this market has limited patience. MG in my opinion let AV down in that he, over the season, failed to get the big gritty sniper or the imposing D AV really needed. The two pieces in fact most of us KNEW we needed. He must get them now because bargain basement, and rehab acquisitions only get you so far in the long run

LA invested in Richards and Carter. Two players who were instrumental in putting us out. Gillis must make a similar move if we are to impose ourselves on our opponents.

Does AV seem like he would actually talk to his players behind closed doors? I would assume the leaders of the team would step up to that role. I only see him get mad a few times when he didn't get a power play for some calls, otherwise, he shows no emotion to the game. Whether this team is down by a goal, or down by 10, he will be chewing on that piece of gum.

Archived