The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis Passing The Buck On Hodgson Trade Through His Media Shill

gradin123

When you consider how this team played from February on, and the unnerving probability that the team will continue to play like that next season if the coaching staff remains intact...

Then there are plenty of better coaches available.

Detroit has players who can finish, and their puck possession isn't really dump and chase every time they enter the zone. They don't pass it to the opponent out of no where. Their perimeter play is better than ours because them have a effective screen in front...

If we wanna be like the Detroit model, then we can't continue this trend of trading away our prospects.

What makes Detroit so successful is that they draft and carefully develop their own prospects. This creates loyalty from your players and a desire to win for the club. It also increases the chances that those players will resign at a reasonable amount; see Jannink Hansen.

And we definitely shouldn't be trading prospects that we have spent countless years developing only to have other teams reap the rewards. That's why I would like to see Schneider stay with this team.

You know that if we fire AV there will be a ton of teams scrambling to sign him. You know why? Because he's a great coach.

Who would you replace him with? MacTavish? :lol: Crawford? :lol: Maurice? :lol:

Unless someone like Quenville or Babcock somehow manages to get fired, AV is the best coach for us. Gillis just needs to get us a top 4 defenceman that can actually quarterback a powerplay, and an elite winger to play with Kesler, then we're set.

I absolutely laugh when people bash MacTavish. I used to feel sorry for him, year after year, as Edomonton had no money and spent even less. He did a great job with nothing, taking them to game 7. I'd love to see what he could do with some resources behind him.

Btw, the other media shill for Gillis is Barry Macdonald. He is spewing the same caveat on the Hodgson trade about Gillis may have been talked into the trade,,,yadda yadda,yadda.

I think Macdonald tries to be more balanced than Gallagher but it is also clear that Gillis is feeding him info.

I heard Barry Macdonald specifically say on the radio recently that Eric Crawford (Director of scouting) was the guy who really high on Kassian. Macdonald is being fed that info by whom? Has to be Gillis. And why is Gillis telling him that? To cover his own ass on a bad trade.

I dunno, I think if Mactavish is our answer for coaching, we might as well blow the team up and become the oilers.

To be honest I would rather have 10 years of being top of the league, and having no success in the playoffs, then blowing up the team and becoming a team like the Leafs or the Flames who never get better or worse.

the problem with the leafs is that they've been trying to patch their weak spots for years and they aren't crappy enough to get a high draft pick and aren't good enough to get into the playoffs.

The flames on the other hand have a nice core players on paper but way too many of them are in a NTC so it makes it hard for the GM to vamp the team. Plus on top of that, the GM trust the players in their locker room a little bit more than they should.

So when in your mind does a GM deserve credit?

He turned a 3rd place team in the West into a 1st place team overall. He signed or traded for more than half of our D-core, and completely revamped our bottom 6. The team dominated in every statistical category, and had multiple players nominated for awards.

If he can't take credit for that, then no GM can take credit for anything they do

I dunno, I think if Mactavish is our answer for coaching, we might as well blow the team up and become the oilers.

To be honest I would rather have 10 years of being top of the league, and having no success in the playoffs, then blowing up the team and becoming a team like the Leafs or the Flames who never get better or worse.

Archived