The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Does This Loss Rank Amongst Disappointing Canucks Playoff Exits?

Mountain Dew

This one hurts up their with the SCF last year but not quite the same. We were the much better team this year and got lazy. Last year we were so close and may never get there again for quite a while. The blackhawk ones weren't hard to swallow because they were obviously the better team and was a mistake to try and out-physical them.

The way that the President's Trophy winner gets DOMINATED by the 8th seeded team in nearly every game, this got the be the most disappointing defeat in our 40 year history.

Let's face it. The Kings didn't win b/c they were lucky. They outplayed us in nearly every game. Take yesterday's 3rd period and OT for example. It was a MUST WIN for the Canucks. The Kings were up 3-1 and they could afford to lose the game. Yet the Kings put in so much more effort than us. Sorry boys but we deserved this lose fair and square. The refs doesn't even have anything to do with it.

The way that the President's Trophy winner gets DOMINATED by the 8th seeded team in nearly every game, this got the be the most disappointing defeat in our 40 year history.

Let's face it. The Kings didn't win b/c they were lucky. They outplayed us in nearly every game. Take yesterday's 3rd period and OT for example. It was a MUST WIN for the Canucks. The Kings were up 3-1 and they could afford to lose the game. Yet the Kings put in so much more effort than us. Sorry boys but we deserved this lose fair and square. The refs doesn't even have anything to do with it.

i called the canucks losing to the Kings. the kings where the one team i did not want to play...

because of this i expected it so im not too disappointing. most disappointing for me is losing to the flames in 2003? and chicago in 2009

This is the first 1st round exit in 8 years, so I would say it was right up there in dissappointments based on the expectations of this season.

The biggest disappointment is that this was the group of guys that I wanted to see win the cup. And now there's so much uncertainty with what the team will look like next season, and whether or not we make moves that actually make us stronger or not.

I guess, if you would've told me at the start of the year that St. Louis, Phoenix (maybe), and Nashville were going to be the other 3 teams left in the West, then yes I would say this is a huge dissapointment. However, given that they played so poorly from January on, I would say that I am not "too" surprised. I remember last year they came out soooo physical against Chicago (i really don't know what happened this year).

But I think this year fails to compare to past years =

Last year was by far the biggest dissapointment having been up 2-0 on the Bruins. The way we imploded in Boston will always be one of the most frustrating times in Canucks history. Also, up 3-1 against the Wild and a chance to meet the 8th seed Ducks, and giving up that series was brutal. And round 2 vs. the blackhawks to me was one of the most dissapointing because we reacted in the exact same way and didn't learn anything from the year before

I guess, if you would've told me at the start of the year that St. Louis, Phoenix (maybe), and Nashville were going to be the other 3 teams left in the West, then yes I would say this is a huge dissapointment. However, given that they played so poorly from January on, I would say that I am not "too" surprised. I remember last year they came out soooo physical against Chicago (i really don't know what happened this year).

But I think this year fails to compare to past years =

Last year was by far the biggest dissapointment having been up 2-0 on the Bruins. The way we imploded in Boston will always be one of the most frustrating times in Canucks history. Also, up 3-1 against the Wild and a chance to meet the 8th seed Ducks, and giving up that series was brutal. And round 2 vs. the blackhawks to me was one of the most dissapointing because we reacted in the exact same way and didn't learn anything from the year before

It's disappointing because if you watch any other series going on , they are full of intensity , heart, desire like we didn't see from this years Canucks playoff team.

Our defence was so slow at moving the puck and getting caught from behind making horrible passes , wiffing shots.

If any changes are made it should be to change this laid back culture in this team.

You want the building to be loud?

Less DJ more organ, thats whats going on in these other arenas.

Archived