The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Does This Loss Rank Amongst Disappointing Canucks Playoff Exits?

Mountain Dew

For me it would have to be last years. Came into the season and said "Canucks are winning the cup" First time ever that I was confident they could do it. Playoffs started and same thing. Get to the finals up 2-0 and same thing. Went up 3-2 and thinking only have to win 1/2 and fully believed canucks would win the cup....and it never happened.

This year I did not expect a cup. From game 1-82 I never felt that it factor from this team.

I think what will make it worse for canucs fans is the competition remaining.

ASSUMING

STL vs LA

PHX vs NSH

FLA vs OTT

PHI vs WAS

if I am not mistaken only PHI has ever won the cup. That means that more likely than not there will be a first time winner. Another team to win a cup before the canucks.... that will probably make this season more disappointing.

This team makes it hard for me to even care with the diving. nothing compares to '94. This team needs a Linden, a Ronning an Adams, this team needs heart and integrity before they reach the level of the 94 team. until then.... meh.

It's definitely up there. To win the President's and then lose 4-1 in the first round...Pretty devastating. As weird as it is, i'd be more devastated if they lost a game 7 in the first round.

Last year was the worst. Best team all year, up 2-0 and 3-2 in the series...1 game away from winning it all...I'll put Minnesota and Chicago x 2 above this as well.

This series would have been completely different with a healthy Daniel from the start. I will always hate Duncan Keith for what he did.

This one doesn't rank at all in the top 10.

The Canucks played sub par just about every game since Christmas.

How we got 1st overall is beyond me.

In other words...I didn't expect the Canucks to go far these playoffs.

This was easy to get over for me because once they were down 3-0, I knew it was so unlikely, I tried not to get very invested in the rest of the series.

Good thing too I guess. Now I'm looking forward to the offseason, hoping for some meaningful changes that will help us going forward, and interested to see what next year brings. Fingers crossed that it isn't a lockout.

This year is quite disappointing.... soley because Vancouver now has another record of futility, being the President's Trophy winner with the worst playoff record (no other PT team lost worse than 4-2....)

It's disappointing for sure, but it doesn't even register in the top 10. As some people have said, this team has not looked like a serious contender since about January. When we matched up with the Kings, I already accepted the fact that we would be in tough. After going down 3-0, I basically had a week to accept our likely demise, so even forcing a game 5 helped ease things too.

On a positive note, this now gives Gillis an excuse to retool this team (new coaching staff, adding some offensive pieces, and a top 4 D-man) which may have been overlooked if we advanced to the second round.

It's disappointing for sure, but it doesn't even register in the top 10. As some people have said, this team has not looked like a serious contender since about January. When we matched up with the Kings, I already accepted the fact that we would be in tough. After going down 3-0, I basically had a week to accept our likely demise, so even forcing a game 5 helped ease things too.

On a positive note, this now gives Gillis an excuse to retool this team (new coaching staff, adding some offensive pieces, and a top 4 D-man) which may have been overlooked if we advanced to the second round.

This easily has to rank as one of my top five playoff disappointments:

1. 2011 SCF vs. Boston (led series 2-0 and 3-2, couldn't close the deal because the Bruins were too big & flat outplayed the Canucks in all four series wins)

2. 2012 WCQF vs. Los Angeles (never led the series at any point, worst first-round performance ever by a President's Trophy winner, never won a game at home during series)

3. 2003 WCSF vs. Minnesota (led series 3-1 and Minnesota roared back to win series)

4. 2010 WCSF vs. Chicago (Canucks never won a game at home & Blackhawks physically wore the Canucks down)

5. 2002 WCQF vs. Detroit (led series 2-0, but Nicklas Lidstrom's goal from the red line in Game 3 was the kiss of death)

This years team never gave me that feeling that we could win it all so the results from this years playoffs were kinda what i was expecting , Last season was a major let down even more then 94 because we really should have won and my bet is if the officiating would have been the same as the previous 3 rounds we would have

Archived