The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get Rid Of The Orca

snucks

I actually agree. In what way is the orca part of the Canucks' identity? The only reason their logo was an orca in the first place is because the team used to be owned by Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment (not sure if that was their official name or not). The team is no longer owned by Orca Bay and the logo is honestly pretty much meaningless and without any relevance to the "Vancouver Canucks".

Honestly, I think the team should adopt the Johnny Canuck logo and image. Who else saw those Johnny Canuck videos? I thought those were the coolest things and the Johnny Canuck character seems to be a great image for this team. Also, the logo would actually be relevant to the name.

I actually agree. In what way is the orca part of the Canucks' identity? The only reason their logo was an orca in the first place is because the team used to be owned by Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment (not sure if that was their official name or not). The team is no longer owned by Orca Bay and the logo is honestly pretty much meaningless and without any relevance to the "Vancouver Canucks".

Honestly, I think the team should adopt the Johnny Canuck logo and image. Who else saw those Johnny Canuck videos? I thought those were the coolest things and the Johnny Canuck character seems to be a great image for this team. Also, the logo would actually be relevant to the name.

My bad. Didn't know that.

Still, I think the Johnny Canuck image is great, at least the way in which he was portrayed in those videos. Should an entire organization go and fashion themselves after one fan's cool video? Absolutely not, but I will say that that the Canucks organization needs a culture and identity change and the character in those videos symbolizes everything the Canucks should be.

Would be a fantastic image, IMO.

Archived