The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If That Was Luongo's Last Game.......

rypper-37

With last night's game having the potential to be Lu's last game, this thread is to show some appreciation for Lu's time here with the Canucks. Love him or hate him, his time here was invaluable and he's one of the cornerstones that has helped built this franchise into the strong contender we are today.

Before his arrival, we never had a true superstar goalie who was able to carry the team on a nightly basis. He got us W's in games that we had no business of being in. His stellar play was all that Canucks fans talked about when he first arrived. He played so well that he was named the captain, despite the controversy around it.

Never mind all the different opinions of whether it should be Lu or Schneider who stays. This thread is to thank Lu for his deep dedication to this team, to appreciate all the efforts he's made throughout his time here and to appreciate Luongo, our goalie.

I don't think it was Luongo's last game TBH

If anything I think them playing Schneider in elimination games almost proves that Luongo will be the #1 goalie next year because let's just say he'd have given up those two goals yesterday: they were great plays and the mistakes were on the D men (Edler on goal 1 and Hamhuis on goal 2) but we the fans would have found a way to blame Luongo.

Putting Schneider in net made sure that when next season rolls around the anger will be on the players who didn't score and those who didn't defend, but not on Luongo who did all he could to help the team win.

Just my 2 cents.

Whoever starts next season, I think it's time the fans stop bashing Lu, yes he has his faults but he has dealt with them the best he can.

Thanks Lu for coming to this city and making it your home, regardless of you leaving this offseason or not, you have written Canucks history.

Best wishes for your future if you do leave the team.

We shall wait and see what is to be done.

Luongo isn't going anywhere.

He was not the reason, at all, why this team lost first round. And Gillis is going to get a better return for Schneider than he will with Luongo. With the two goalies being comparable on our team, you deal the one that will get you the biggest return.

Last night was Schneiders last game.

why would anyone want to take the risk of having expensive luongo for the ten years? i just don't see it. maybe if it were a 3-5 year contract. not ten.

Teams would love to have a proven goalie like Luongo. Look at Jeff Carter he has been traded twice in one year with a very simliar contract to Luongo so it can deftainly happen. If i was Luongo I would ask for a trade when the team thought they had a better chance of winning in must win games not once 1 but 3 times. I expect Luongo to get dealt at the draft for a top 10 pick and maybe a roster players.

Luongo isn't going anywhere.

He was not the reason, at all, why this team lost first round. And Gillis is going to get a better return for Schneider than he will with Luongo. With the two goalies being comparable on our team, you deal the one that will get you the biggest return.

Last night was Schneiders last game.

Archived