Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

realistically luongo can only be moved to tampa bay

why luongo would go to tampa bay

1) his wife closer to home and family

2) think off-season luongo goes to visit family in flordia, im positive they will put pressure on him to come closer

3) lu is a competitor he is obviously pissed off that he did not get to play

4) Steve Yzerman why won't he want to be in that organization?

5) no media pressure luongo can play his game without the crap vancouver media does

realistically it will be vinny lecavilar for luongo its a fair trade for both sides think of it.... two heavy contracts that is the only place i see luongo being traded to otherwise its going to be cory......................

(be realistic canucks fans no other team will take on luongos contract and lu also has a trade clause)
also keeping lu here would be a big mistake he needs a fresh start too much pressure

Edited by yete, 23 April 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#2 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

Uhmm.... Ya im pretty sure there are more destinations available.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

#3 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,111 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

What makes you think Tampa will take him if you think 29 other GM's will not

What is the point of this, you have no argument here

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#4 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Could be florida, it will most likely be some combination of Connolly Purcell and a 1st

After finding out Connolly is from BC it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Kassian at teh same time and a new coach. With Raymond gone we need 2RW and we've got em.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#5 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Ummm...So what if his wife is closer to home?? His wife is HERE. And they go back to Florida EVERY SUMMER anyways, so whats your point? Ya, I know they have family there...but LU has FAMILY in Montreal...so ya...

#6 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts

No thanks to Lecavalier ... but unfortunately, Tampa got the upper hand if this is the only team that Lui says he will go to.

Edited by Neversummer, 23 April 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#7 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

he came here didnt he?
Posted Image

#8 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:08 PM

realistically luongo can only be moved to tampa bay

why luongo would go to tampa bay

1) his wife closer to home and family

2) think off-season luongo goes to visit family in flordia, im positive they will put pressure on him to come closer

3) lu is a competitor he is obviously pissed off that he did not get to play

4) Steve Yzerman why won't he want to be in that organization?

5) no media pressure luongo can play his game without the crap vancouver media does

realistically it will be vinny lecavilar for luongo its a fair trade for both sides think of it.... two heavy contracts that is the only place i see luongo being traded to otherwise its going to be cory......................

(be realistic canucks fans no other team will take on luongos contract and lu also has a trade clause)
also keeping lu here would be a big mistake he needs a fresh start too much pressure

a trade clause of NTC!! NO trade CLAUSE, meaning that he CANNOT be traded without his consent, and that he ASKS for a trade. Hes having too much pressure because of you "FANS" wanting him to go, and if he doesnt something bad, you guys hackle him, BUT when Schneids doesnt win a game or whatsoever, NOONE hackles him. GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

#9 !

!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,706 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

a trade clause of NTC!! NO trade CLAUSE, meaning that he CANNOT be traded without his consent, and that he ASKS for a trade.

or, maybe, thsee types of threads were made based on the assumption that luongo would want out? and thus logically if he were to want out, he'd waive his NTC? derp

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

what

Edited by !, 23 April 2012 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#10 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,573 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

There are a few teams I think Lu would waive for......keep in mind, I'm not saying they'd want him, just that he'd waive his NTC for

TB
Fla
NJ
Dal
NYI
Mon
Ana
NYR
Was

Obviousy TB is the most likely candidate, but no way is Vinnioe coming back.......Malone and Connolly maybe

#11 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I can think of 4, Tampa,Florida and NJ/Toronto being the long shot.

Tampa: Connolly and their pick
NJ: Larsson
Florida: Huberdeau
Toronto: Their 1st and Gardiner

#12 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

I agree Tampa is a likely destination. I think Lu's value is weaker than Vinny. Not to mention his cap hit is and unreasonable 7.7 mil.

More like Lu for Malone and a pick which i would be very happy to see.
Posted Image

#13 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Could be florida, it will most likely be some combination of Connolly Purcell and a 1st

After finding out Connolly is from BC it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Kassian at teh same time and a new coach. With Raymond gone we need 2RW and we've got em.

for real?!! Lu would not get you that much of a return...would be shocked if that happened
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#14 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Brrrrrrrr. A chill came over Gina Luongo as she spoke on the phone to her husband last June and learned that the couple was in for a serious latitude adjustment. Roberto Luongo, then the star goaltender for the Florida Panthers, had just been traded to the Vancouver Canucks, and he was crying as he broke the news from his parents' Montreal home. Gina, who'd just pulled up to her parents' house in sunny South Florida, tried to comfort him, but heading north for the winter didn't sound like much fun to her, either. The next day Gina got even gloomier after she looked at a map and realized that she and Roberto would be making a diagonal move across all of North America--no other two major pro sports franchises on the continent are so far apart. You've got to be kidding me, she said to herself. "They might as well have sent us to Alaska."

In August 2005, coming off the lockout, Luongo was the first player ever taken to arbitration by his team. Luongo, whose contract had expired, had sought a long-term deal; instead, his fate was decided by an arbitrator, who awarded him one year at $3.2 million. "They were always telling me I was their franchise player," Luongo says. "It was kind of a slap in the face."

http://sportsillustr...05305/index.htm
Posted Image

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#15 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

for real?!! Lu would not get you that much of a return...would be shocked if that happened

I'm with you there, when Lou does get traded i don't expect a whole lot coming back. More of just a salary dump and/or getting another salary coming back.

#16 Nucks4dacup

Nucks4dacup

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

some facts do make us believe that tampa is the likely destination... again, luongo is in the driver seat, if he wants to get traded, he does, if not, he doesn't and schneider goes.

Edited by Nucks4dacup, 23 April 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#17 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,573 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

I can think of 4, Tampa,Florida and NJ/Toronto being the long shot.

Tampa: Connolly and their pick
NJ: Larsson
Florida: Huberdeau
Toronto: Their 1st and Gardiner

No team is going to take Lu's contract without sending back equal cap hit........the only way MG gets youth is attached to a high salary veteran, such as the Malone/Connolly combo I already put fwd

#18 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

What I still fail to comprehend is that if last year's loss was so devastating, why didn't he leave then? After just one year of his contract. But he will leave now? Who signs a 12 year deal and then asks to opt out TWO years later? 5 years, maybe.... 7 years... but after 2 years?

When he got signed, no one knew how old he was? Or that he would be getting older? Or that he could have shaky seasons? Or that he wouldn't be the best of the best anymore? Come on, people. Get real.

#19 Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

What makes you think Tampa will take him if you think 29 other GM's will not

What is the point of this, you have no argument here

Lots of GM's would love a goalie like luongo.

#20 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

http://sportsillustr...05305/index.htm

The next day Gina got even gloomier after she looked at a map and realized that she and Roberto would be making a diagonal move across all of North America--no other two major pro sports franchises on the continent are so far apart. You've got to be kidding me, she said to herself. "They might as well have sent us to Alaska."

Needed to look at a map to realize this? :picard:

#21 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Why does everyone we trade for (not including Sopel) end up crying. . .

Can MG start trading for men? Please.

(this post is in jest)

#22 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

What I still fail to comprehend is that if last year's loss was so devastating, why didn't he leave then? After just one year of his contract. But he will leave now? Who signs a 12 year deal and then asks to opt out TWO years later? 5 years, maybe.... 7 years... but after 2 years?

When he got signed, no one knew how old he was? Or that he would be getting older? Or that he could have shaky seasons? Or that he wouldn't be the best of the best anymore? Come on, people. Get real.

I think it's you who should get real. After last season he still had his starting goaltending job... not looking like that is going to happen for next year is it? So do you think he is going to want to sit on the bench for games at a stretch waiting to get a game to play or waive his ntc and go play somewhere as a starter?

#23 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

if lu goes to tampa so do i

#24 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

It's not the amount of years into the contract. Management has given him the message that he is no longer the #1 guy. The thought of being a backup or even the guy we are "stuck" with might not appeal to him. To be the number one guy someplace else is probably something he would want. Nobody knows for sure at this poitn though.

#25 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:07 PM

I think it's you who should get real. After last season he still had his starting goaltending job... not looking like that is going to happen for next year is it? So do you think he is going to want to sit on the bench for games at a stretch waiting to get a game to play or waive his ntc and go play somewhere as a starter?

Err, I don't how how anyone can say that with certainty. It's possible, sure... a lot of things are possible, but certain? Not at all. People are making a lot of assumptions. And unless you know MG personally or have talked to Schneider and Luongo to see what they want, I really don't see how anyone here has any weight in their predictions that they are passing off as cold hard facts. He will ask for a trade, he will be moved, Schneider will take the starting job.

A month ago most of posters here were convinced Schneider was going to Tampa. Now all of a sudden it's Lu.

I remember all the asinine trades people were certain Vancouver would make at the deadline and none of it happened. Even the few doable/logical ones people came up with didn't happen. And what did happen caught everyone completely off guard, showing that in reality when it comes to trades, contracts, and signings no one here knows what they are talking about because the outcome is entirely different. This is why I stand by my opinion that arm chair gming is a useless and fruitless hobby.

#26 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

It's not the amount of years into the contract. Management has given him the message that he is no longer the #1 guy. The thought of being a backup or even the guy we are "stuck" with might not appeal to him. To be the number one guy someplace else is probably something he would want. Nobody knows for sure at this poitn though.

Did someone have a press conference I missed? Because no official message like that has been sent aside from the media blowing everything out of proportion. So he sat 3 games in the playoffs after the team decided they couldn't be bothered to show up so the obvious shake up was to start someone else and it seemed to be working. But of course on CDC that translates to he is no longer # 1, he wants out, he will ask to be out, he will move far far away.

This fan base is so dramatic and childish they deserve neither. Would be great to get stuck with Lack as a starter since a bunch of fanboys once told me he was the second coming of Rinne. Good luck with that.

#27 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Fact: There will be lots of speculation from everyone until something happens.

#28 jono2009

jono2009

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

there is guarantee he is going anywhere, we dont know whats going to happen so why speculate? he could stay he could go, schneider could stay or go, both could go? we just dont know, time will tell

#29 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ummm...So what if his wife is closer to home?? His wife is HERE. And they go back to Florida EVERY SUMMER anyways, so whats your point? Ya, I know they have family there...but LU has FAMILY in Montreal...so ya...

It is not entirely impossible that Montreal would be in the running for a new goaltender. They like Price a lot, but he is also going to be asking for a very big contract. Montreal has beaucoup bucks tied up into players with NTC contracts and may have real difficulty in paying a goalie a $6.5 million dollar contract.

On top of that, they have a huge image problem that is going to be addressed this summer. They are as much a cultural icon for Quebec as a hockey team and need to exemplify the French culture. Getting a hometown Luongo who is francophone AND Italian would be pretty sweet in that regard.

I don't understand the people who are speculating that Luongo doesn't like to be in a big hockey market and have the spotlight on him. I think he wants that quite badly and that is why he signed in Canada and why he plays in things like the Olympics. Whether he is good at dealing with the pressure is a whole different topic than whether he wants the pressure.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#30 Edler's Broken Stickz

Edler's Broken Stickz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:26 PM

POPULAR

It would be awesome if Luo went to tampa and pulled off a vezina year. Imagine Luo won the cup there with stammer oh the irony.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.