The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Place Luongo Can Go Is Tampa Bay

yete

I can't argue the team were no shows in many regards last year adn this one too. HOwever, it is easier to replace Lu now with COry ready to take on that role than to look at trading the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows etc.

Lu could go to a team in need of an experienced starter to carry the load and because he is bteer than what they have, he could play the hero for his last productive years there.

If he stays here and COry gets traded, the press and fans will crucify him for every move or mistake. He will have to play as good as COry did the last 3 games every night and will be blamed for any failur by the team.

I see it as a win-win if he goes to a team he likes and can kick-start his career. We get a goalie that has been in the system for 6 years and has shown elite potential who has 10 years left in the tank.

Guest BuckFoston

Game 3 is one thing but game 4 is a fairly significant message. You might disagree but when Schneider is coming off a loss and they go back to him for 2 elimination games..........there is something to it. I'm not sure I've seen a sports show that hasn't discussed the implications of this for next year. You really think it will just be business as usual next training camp?

realistically luongo can only be moved to tampa bay

why luongo would go to tampa bay

1) his wife closer to home and family

2) think off-season luongo goes to visit family in flordia, im positive they will put pressure on him to come closer

3) lu is a competitor he is obviously pissed off that he did not get to play

4) Steve Yzerman why won't he want to be in that organization?

5) no media pressure luongo can play his game without the crap vancouver media does

realistically it will be vinny lecavilar for luongo its a fair trade for both sides think of it.... two heavy contracts that is the only place i see luongo being traded to otherwise its going to be cory......................

(be realistic canucks fans no other team will take on luongos contract and lu also has a trade clausLue)

also keeping lu here would be a big mistake he needs a fresh start too much pressure

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Luongo isn't going anywhere. Gillis is not the type of GM that signs a player to a 12 year contract only to trade him two years into it. That would ruin his chances of signing any players long term again.

Him acting like he's uncertain which goalie he's going to keep is just him playing the game of further increasing Schneider's value. Schneider can bring us a huge return this summer as in a top 5 pick. This could very well be an impact player that can step right into our lineup.

Luongo has proven that he can carry this team all the way. He just needs a backup that can carry some of the load during the regualr season, and a D core that doesn't meltdown consistently in the playoffs.

I still believe Luongo can bring us a cup.

Guest BuckFoston

Could be florida, it will most likely be some combination of Connolly Purcell and a 1st

After finding out Connolly is from BC it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Kassian at teh same time and a new coach. With Raymond gone we need 2RW and we've got em.

luongo is not an idiot. he knows what playing schneider meant. not to say gillis and av were thinking to play cory so luongo will leave. but luongo is proud, what gillis/av did by sitting him is a slap in his face. it was justified though in my opinion. luongo also knows the fans are somewhat split on him. they lou his saves then jeer his saves after he lets in a couple. the media in vancouver is by far his hugest enemy.

im not a luongo fan, or a AV fan, and after this season not a raymond or even kesler fan. what the playoffs has taught us, not only this year but last year against boston, is that we are predictable. AV is a great regular season coach but i believe julien and bruins, and sutter and the kings, all beat us by coaching.

we had ZERO offense against boston. no sustained pressure. we won the first 2 games based solely on the fact that they didn't know us. once they figured us out, it was series over.

we didn't score, now do we upgrade one of the best regular season offence because we didn't produce in the playoffs? doesn't make sense.

it wasnt luongos or schneiders fault we lost. sutter did a fantastic job preparing his team for us. i hate sutter and it pains me to say that, but they came in ready for us. everything we excell at, they shut down

If you can get a top 5 pick for Schneider, I don't see how you DON'T move him.

At best, Schneider isn't a huge upgrade on Luongo... and we aren't likely (hopefully) going to get a chance at a lottery pick anytime in the next decade so this could be our only chance.

Florida is like Sweden to the Twins.... They go and play where they need to... Why does everyone assume this lol Who cares? Will Kesler want to go play for The Red Wings? Would Luongo rather play for Montreal? Way better then where he has been. He has been to Florida.

Yep had typo above - meant to say games 1-2 sorry. Still my point is the same. Do you really fault him for those losses? I thought your D broke down in front of him on several of those goals.

1st off, I doubt MG will be offering further contracts that look anything like Lu's so to ask Lu to part or play 2nd fiddle is in the cards. Lu will request a trade if he can't be the deisgnated starter.

I disagree that LU has shown he can take us all the way. He has, as far as I'm concerned shown the exact opposite. He had regula melt-downs in the playoffs last year agains CHicago and Boston. He showed up for 4 games against Chicago and 3 against Boston. Simply not good enough. Look at Quick this las series...he wasn't as good as Cory but he made our guys work for every goal. Not a single softy. Even in game 2 this year, Lu let in a softy. He's inconsistent and on the decline. Time to mive on wiht COry.

Oh...and why would we fdraft a high first rounder: develop him for 6 years; show case him as a future super star goalie and then trade him for a high first rounder?!! Absolute insanity!

Archived