The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Only Place Luongo Can Go Is Tampa Bay

yete

realistically luongo can only be moved to tampa bay

why luongo would go to tampa bay

1) his wife closer to home and family

2) think off-season luongo goes to visit family in flordia, im positive they will put pressure on him to come closer

3) lu is a competitor he is obviously pissed off that he did not get to play

4) Steve Yzerman why won't he want to be in that organization?

5) no media pressure luongo can play his game without the crap vancouver media does

realistically it will be vinny lecavilar for luongo its a fair trade for both sides think of it.... two heavy contracts that is the only place i see luongo being traded to otherwise its going to be cory......................

(be realistic canucks fans no other team will take on luongos contract and lu also has a trade clause)

also keeping lu here would be a big mistake he needs a fresh start too much pressure

Could be florida, it will most likely be some combination of Connolly Purcell and a 1st

After finding out Connolly is from BC it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Kassian at teh same time and a new coach. With Raymond gone we need 2RW and we've got em.

realistically luongo can only be moved to tampa bay

why luongo would go to tampa bay

1) his wife closer to home and family

2) think off-season luongo goes to visit family in flordia, im positive they will put pressure on him to come closer

3) lu is a competitor he is obviously pissed off that he did not get to play

4) Steve Yzerman why won't he want to be in that organization?

5) no media pressure luongo can play his game without the crap vancouver media does

realistically it will be vinny lecavilar for luongo its a fair trade for both sides think of it.... two heavy contracts that is the only place i see luongo being traded to otherwise its going to be cory......................

(be realistic canucks fans no other team will take on luongos contract and lu also has a trade clause)

also keeping lu here would be a big mistake he needs a fresh start too much pressure

There are a few teams I think Lu would waive for......keep in mind, I'm not saying they'd want him, just that he'd waive his NTC for

TB

Fla

NJ

Dal

NYI

Mon

Ana

NYR

Was

Obviousy TB is the most likely candidate, but no way is Vinnioe coming back.......Malone and Connolly maybe

I agree Tampa is a likely destination. I think Lu's value is weaker than Vinny. Not to mention his cap hit is and unreasonable 7.7 mil.

More like Lu for Malone and a pick which i would be very happy to see.

Could be florida, it will most likely be some combination of Connolly Purcell and a 1st

After finding out Connolly is from BC it makes a lot of sense to bring him in with Kassian at teh same time and a new coach. With Raymond gone we need 2RW and we've got em.

Brrrrrrrr. A chill came over Gina Luongo as she spoke on the phone to her husband last June and learned that the couple was in for a serious latitude adjustment. Roberto Luongo, then the star goaltender for the Florida Panthers, had just been traded to the Vancouver Canucks, and he was crying as he broke the news from his parents' Montreal home. Gina, who'd just pulled up to her parents' house in sunny South Florida, tried to comfort him, but heading north for the winter didn't sound like much fun to her, either. The next day Gina got even gloomier after she looked at a map and realized that she and Roberto would be making a diagonal move across all of North America--no other two major pro sports franchises on the continent are so far apart. You've got to be kidding me, she said to herself. "They might as well have sent us to Alaska."

In August 2005, coming off the lockout, Luongo was the first player ever taken to arbitration by his team. Luongo, whose contract had expired, had sought a long-term deal; instead, his fate was decided by an arbitrator, who awarded him one year at $3.2 million. "They were always telling me I was their franchise player," Luongo says. "It was kind of a slap in the face."

Guest BuckFoston

What I still fail to comprehend is that if last year's loss was so devastating, why didn't he leave then? After just one year of his contract. But he will leave now? Who signs a 12 year deal and then asks to opt out TWO years later? 5 years, maybe.... 7 years... but after 2 years?

When he got signed, no one knew how old he was? Or that he would be getting older? Or that he could have shaky seasons? Or that he wouldn't be the best of the best anymore? Come on, people. Get real.

Archived