The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

it's not exactly a huge leap to suggest that a player who puts himself before the team (which Cody clearly was doing by constantly nagging the coach and GM for more playing time - or having his agent and daddy do it) also brought negative energy to the dressing room. This core group has always talked about "team first". Cody really didn't seem to be someone who grasped that concept. at all.

it's not exactly a huge leap to suggest that a player who puts himself before the team (which Cody clearly was doing by constantly nagging the coach and GM for more playing time - or having his agent and daddy do it) also brought negative energy to the dressing room. This core group has always talked about "team first". Cody really didn't seem to be someone who grasped that concept. at all.

The fan club just won't let it go.

There's no confidentiality issue, Gillis just confirmed what was blatantly obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills. Cody had the chance to come clean but he lied by omission, he wanted out.

If Hodgson stayed with the Canucks, his value have more than likely dropped, just like it dropped when he scored 1 point against playoff teams in the final 22 games of the season and his team missed the playoffs. He could have been a difference maker in Buffalo BUT HE WASN'T.

Oh so the players are so emotionally effected by a rookies problems right? Because they care so much about contractual issues and stuff of players they've only played with for about half a year right?

Hodgson was only with the team full time this year and we were first in the conference I believe still, so do you honestly believe he was a problem in the dressing room? Also do you frequent the Canucks dressing room? How can you say they were effected, are you a Canucks player?

Okay fellas, I was a HUGE Cody Hodgson fan because of his wicked skills and humble demeanour and to be honest when I heard about the trade, I was devastated...

Once Kassian came over to Vancouver, I gave him my full support because it's not easy to come onto a team and play very well knowing that you got traded for a fan favourite. It's very hard to live up to the expectations and make fans forget about the traded player especially when your a rookie.

You could tell Kassian was nervous and had a lot of anxiety trying to win fans over and I thought he played really well by gaining confidence game by game (scoring vs. buffalo, big hits making fans at Rogers Arena ecstatic) However, once he made errors he was quickly put into AV's doghouse and that clearly killed Kassian's confidence and was too nervous not to make mistakes in the playoffs.

After listening to Gillis' presser this morning about the hodgson topic, it made everything much clearer and I am in full support of the trade now. Now that we know Hodgson was a headcase and didn't want to be here, it's time for US CANUCKS FANS to fully support our new young player in Kassian and show him that we want him here and move forward with him being a part of the core.

For all the haters on the coho trade. WE GOT KASSIAN FOR POTENTIAL! god its so hard to explain stuff to people sometimes. Coho wanted top line minutes, he was never going to get them. He whined or his agent or his daddy whined to gillis, it happened and i believe it happened or else there is no reason to move him. Is he better then kesler? is he better then henrik? No he isnt! Gillis had 6 guys he would trade coho for kassian was on that list he was available so he made the trade. Do some research on the kid, he has lucic potential! get that through your skulls he is here because of his power forward potential! He dominated in juniors and he has to be developed properly thats all there is to it! Remember when everyone was saying oh lets trade schneider a few years ago now everyone is saying oh he's amazing! So glad he is a canuck! I'd rather trade coho for a kid with loads of potential the canucks can mold along with schroeder, rodin, connauton, sauve and now jensen who is playing very well right now in stead of a so-so player or aging star! People saying lets trade schneider instead of luongo because he will get us a good top 4 dmen and a better bottom 6. Are you serious right now! Do you understand what asset management is? Be smart, use your brain a little instead of having over the top knee jerk reactions that make no sense what so ever if you think about them for over 5 seconds!

and you are clearly refusing to believe anything Gillis is saying. The fact remains that Cody repeatedly REFUSED to answer any question posed to him on whether or not he asked for a trade. Guess what, he asked for a trade. All the signs are making it pretty clear that what Gillis is saying is true. If you don't wish to believe it for whatever reason that's fine, but it seems pretty painfully obvious to most of us.

Gillis is sweating bullets consulting his speech writers right now. 17 hrs before facing the wolves.

"I have asked Mr. Aquilini not to extend my contract when it expires after the next season. I will begin to transfer leadership to Laurence Gilman as the next GM of the Vancouver Canucks."

Archived