The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

Reading some of the garbage on here, what amazes me is just how stupid and undeserving some Canucks fans are.

It strikes me some are happiest when they have something (in their distorted world) they can grumble about.

They look at the PT two years running and imply it's failure. Half I bet would dream of such a level of competence at their own jobs.

They are happier to take an unhappy daddy-whipped player's side than the guy who has brought them previously unmatched success...........even after the facts have come out they are still moaning.

Some of them are so thick they would rather take a role of the dice than stick with a successful partnership.

However why should that be a surprise to anyone. These people thrive on failure, perceived or otherwise. They thrive on being able to say I told you so.........unfortunately for them they have been running out of oxygen on that one for a few years now.

Does that cause them to shut their trap? No it makes them more desperate, more dense, more obtuse and happily more frustrated.

At the end of the day we shouldn't be too hard on these "glass half empty" whiners though because this drive to moan and whine is like an incurable disease. They can't help it and ultimately their ludicrous GMing gives us all a laugh.

Once more with feeling...............MG's NOT LISTENING! :picard:

I think MG is a great GM. I think he has moral ethics and that is probably rare in his position. I like his quiet ambition, his determination to do right by the players, the coach AND the fans.

He is not perfect (like the doom merchants on here) of course he doesn't always get it right but he has got a hell of a lot more right than wrong or the Canucks wouldn't be where they are.

I think he has been a bit unlucky in that he HAS improved the team this year but for whatever reason, things didn't work out. However unlike some on here, he's not negative about it. He admits changes will be made, we will get younger and bigger and the plan oF the road to the ultimate goal will be honed to achieve the success we all want.

Is it asking for too much to get behind him and support him..............after all it's a bloody hard job.

He should be renamed to "Mike Blaming Gillis."

Sounds to me like Gillis is putting the blame on everything else but himself to hang on to his job. Blame the players for somehow not being themselves after the Boston game. Blame LA for having a better coach. Blame Hodgson for wasting his time, which I don't buy.

MG said that Kassian type players don't come along very often and when he was available, they were happy to trade for him. He said that just like Hodgson, the Canuck coaches will work with Kassian and develop him to reach his full potential. Obviously MG sees something that we haven't seen so far....let's hope that he is right. Either way if Hodgson didn't want to play here, it was better to move him before he became a distraction.

Sedins aren't getting any younger, Kesler hasn't been producing, why in the world would you trade away our only proven playmaker that is a ROOOKIE ZZZZZZZ

What was he going to do, chuck his hands in the air and say yippee!.............please!

Are you really so naive as to think that a guy who has been a pain in the ass for 3 years of duplicity can't muster a fake shock face?

You have to ask yourself why was Cody even mentioned by Gillis today? I realize he was asked a question about him but wouldn't be more healthy going forward to just say I did the trade because I liked Kassian and his future potential. Why bring up more baggage about a player that is gone? The answer to that question is to cover his butt!

He should be renamed to "Mike Blaming Gillis."

Sounds to me like Gillis is putting the blame on everything else but himself to hang on to his job. Blame the players for somehow not being themselves after the Boston game. Blame LA for having a better coach. Blame Hodgson for wasting his time, which I don't buy.

Sedins aren't getting any younger, Kesler hasn't been producing, why in the world would you trade away our only proven playmaker that is a ROOOKIE ZZZZZZZ

Pain in the ass for 3 year, to who!? It was the Canucks doctors that fracked up his back diagnossis, and it was AV's retardedness for not wanting to give him more minutes when he clearly earned it.

I have been a fan from the 1st game that they ever played and the Hodgson trade doesn't even come remotely close to qualifying as the worst trade ever made. If Cody Hodgson didn't want to play for here, then moving him before he became a distraction was a good move. Kassian is not as far along in his development as Hodgson but at least he wants to be here. MG sees something in him that we don't at this point in time. It will take time to evaluate this trade.

By the way, the Cam Neely trade was the worst trade in Canuck history.

The most interesting thing I heard from the interviews was Tanev, I was surprised by how pissed he looked and acted. It was good and surprising how much he wanted the Canucks to go far. I don't really consider him part of the core just yet, but it looks like we got a good young guy who will be helpful addition to the team's locker room going forward.

The Hodgson move made sense to me at the time but turned out to bite us in the butt due to lack of scoring down the road. (My quote at the time was, "the only place this really hurts us is on the 2nd unit PP.) The Pahlsson line put up points in the reg season but disappeared along with just about everyone else in the playoffs.

Would Cody's offense have helped in the playoffs? Absolutely.

Would it have won us the series / cup? Absolutely not.

Can we evaluate the long term effects of the trade? Not until Kassian and Hodgson level off.

Archived