The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

God, you have the same failing mindset of Alain Vigneaut who hates rookies. If you actually watch some hockey, you would know that the Philly Flyers' main contributors this playoff were the rookies.

May I also remind you that Brad Marchand, also a rookie last year for the Bruins, outscored the entire Canucks team in the last 5 SCF games? Never underestimate what a rookie can bring to the table of an aging team.

Glad to know you're a mind reader and know how much hockey I watch as well. I was speaking to THIS team, the Canucks, not Philly, not Boston but thanks anyway for the lesson in rookie players. I'll add your amazing insight to my considerable-number-of-years-of-watching-hockey experience.

I hate to toot my own horn :rolleyes: but I feel totally vindicated after listening to MG's conference. Go back and look at my old posts on this. I called it after the whole Gagner work out fiasco that this relationship was damaged and it got progressively worse. Cody always said the right things to reporters, but behind closed doors he was a prima donna whiner. Good riddance. He would have eventually become a cancer in the room.

I think what needs to be separated is Cody from his parents and manager. Cody is a young kid learning the professional game on and off the ice, so if he knocks on AV's door to talk about his play or whatever fine. Apparently, that is not something young players are supposed to do, I personally think that shows more how committed the kid is to being good.

What seems to be the deeper problem is Cody's agent and father who are managing his career. A lot of the issue MG had I would guess was not initiated by Cody going to his agent or parents who then went to Gillis. My guess it is the parents/agent acting without really consulting Cody. In the interview when Cody got traded remember we was totally surprised and he then called his parents. While his family and agent perhaps saw it, it really does not appear that Cody knew the troubles that were being caused.

In short he is getting accused of stuff that he probably had no idea about or was involved in.

sig is bs except for the phillies gif. grabner wasnt a bad trade...he had one good season and has been a nobody since. coho is a tough loss but i think kass will improve to be just as good in a different way though. coho maybe a naslund but do we need another naslund type player, no.

Hodgson was clearly playing better than Kesler (points per mintues wise), so I don't know why anybody would blame him for asking for more ice-time. I don't care who you are, if you're playing better then the guy above you, then you should be promoted into a bigger role.

If you want a good example, just look at the Mike Richards and Claude Giroux situation a year ago.

Typical Gillis, I am responsible, but.....excuse, excuse, blame, blame..........  How can he ever improve as a GM when he never acknowledges doing anything wrong.  That is how an agent throws a kid under the bus, typical and classless.  You think we have a class organization and honestly I can't even pretend to know.  There are, however, a lot of guys firing parting shots, BMO, Mitchell, SOB, M Schneider, CoHo and the list goes on.  Salo and Lu's comments are interesting also.  I really don't like the direction this team has taken and don't have a good feeling about the future.  It all comes from the top.

Ben Kuzma spoke at length on the Hodgson history,being with the team each day.

That interview was done by the Moj tonight-half seven or eight p.m..

Good overview.Began with AV calling him out in public,despite having a serious back injury that went undiagnosed.

It ended with Cody figuring out that he was not being used but for ten and twelve minutes a night and yet scoring at a very high pace.

He said that if Cody's 'camp' did not ask why he was not being given more ice they would not have been doing their jobs as it was obvious he should have had a larger part to play on the team.

The middle part is just as interesting.Take the time and hear it for yourself.

No, no, no. The only person with super natural abilities is yourself, remember? Not only were you able to predict that CoHo was a non-contributing factor to "this team," but you were also able to determine that there wasn't a second side to Gillis' story.

I hate to toot my own horn :rolleyes: but I feel totally vindicated after listening to MG's conference. Go back and look at my old posts on this. I called it after the whole Gagner work out fiasco that this relationship was damaged and it got progressively worse. Cody always said the right things to reporters, but behind closed doors he was a prima donna whiner. Good riddance. He would have eventually become a cancer in the room.

Now that Gillis has thrown Hodgson under the bus after repeatedly stating player's confidentiality will be respected we get some insight into character.

It will be interesting to hear what Cody says at some point in time so we get both sides of the story.

Gillis would have better served his integrity (and that of the team's) by respecting his player's confidentiality.

There are so many Cody Fan-boys I'm thinking of creating an action figure collection. Cody the Moose, Cody The Canuck , Buffalo Cody, WJC Cody and Batallion Cody. Damn I'll make a killing.

I liked this kid, liked the creativity, liked his offensive intellect to find open areas. I think he had plenty of upside but you need to pay your dues. The Canucks tried to make him a better all around player and he wasn't supportive of the timetable. b-bye.

Archived