The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

Not a whole lot said but that's to be expected. Ownership/management/team will have to assess and adjust things before they'll reveal anything. He's never been one to speculate or think out loud...more that he holds things close to his chest and makes careful analysis and assessments first.

A whole lot of nothing, but that's ok in my view

AV was there, but MG felt HE needed to address things, as the guy in charge. I love his accountability.

(Missed the last bit/summary...damn you work phone, how dare you ring during a P/C!)

Just my $.02, but I don't think the Thread about what Gillis said about Cody should have been locked. It's important enough to be a thread of it's own. Besides that you know people are not going to look for that subject within this thread and start 5 others on that very topic.

Yeah it's possible, but it wouldn't leave room for any additions. The contracts that are expiring are all small. The biggest numbers are Pahlsson and Raymond's 2.55. The rest of the core and supporting cast is under contract still. We can keep both goalies, but then in order to even sign an attractive free agent we'd have to then trade another piece to make cap room.

Yeah it's possible, but it wouldn't leave room for any additions. The contracts that are expiring are all small. The biggest numbers are Pahlsson and Raymond's 2.55. The rest of the core and supporting cast is under contract still. We can keep both goalies, but then in order to even sign an attractive free agent we'd have to then trade another piece to make cap room.

Sounded like Hodgson was a PITA for Gillis but still, trade him after the season. Do you think Kassian won't be available then? Not saying Hodgson could have saved the season but sometimes all you need is a goal at a crucial moment to give the team a bit of confidence (ie. big regular games vs. Boston, vs. Red Wings).

Imagine going back to LA 1-1 vs. 0-2.

Archived