The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

Now that Gillis has thrown Hodgson under the bus after repeatedly stating player's confidentiality will be respected we get some insight into character.

It will be interesting to hear what Cody says at some point in time so we get both sides of the story.

Gillis would have better served his integrity (and that of the team's) by respecting his player's confidentiality.

Of course he's going to make it sound like players are staying, he's not going to tip his hat one way or another and close doors on himself ie if he blasts Raymond and there is 0 chance Raymond would resign and then his bosses go to him and say "we love that guy, he falls down and it makes us laugh" GMMG is screwed. These conferences are kind of rhetoric in that regard.

They are mainly for 'spilling the beans' on things like injuries, CHod Situation etc.

Seriously, how are cody fanboys not getting this through their head? Having Cody would NOT have made us win the cup. MAYBE get through the first round, but probably not as he was a blatant defensive liability. He was cancerous in the room, and had a bad attitude, and they sold him when his value was highest. Seriously people, this is the truth, accept it. He was not the future of this organization, nor did he want to be.

Your best bet for thread management would be to allow there to be one. It might cut down on the number which are bound to be created. It's a very relevant topic to the Canucks at this point. As much as I, personally, may consider it closed and not-canuck related, it's going to be the hot topic until the draft.

Just because MG gave Raymond a good review doesn't mean he has any intention of re-signing him, or that Raymond would even re-sign with us. Mayray is going to be a UFA, correct? He'll be in charge of his own destiny, he can go to whichever team that wants him, if any.

MG is just not burning any bridges there, and he's doing what any good boss should do: Giving a good reference.

Now that Gillis has thrown Hodgson under the bus after repeatedly stating player's confidentiality will be respected we get some insight into character.

It will be interesting to hear what Cody says at some point in time so we get both sides of the story.

Gillis would have better served his integrity (and that of the team's) by respecting his player's confidentiality.

Your best bet for thread management would be to allow there to be one. It might cut down on the number which are bound to be created. It's a very relevant topic to the Canucks at this point. As much as I, personally, may consider it closed and not-canuck related, it's going to be the hot topic until the draft.

What you're not considering is that, if I allow one, then ten crop up. Then you're faced with inconsistency and it's unfair to those who have recently HAD their Cody topics closed.

If it would stop at "one", sure....but it just doesn't happen that way and the floodgates would likely be opened with other "ideas" sprouting up.

The hot topic is being discussed here, so there is a platform for that. :)

Hope that helps to clarify....

Can't believe people think keeping Hodgson would have benefited us more in the playoffs, he clearly wanted out and his bad attitude probably would have affected all of our players. Hopefully he's better to the Sabres organization.

Gillis was never going to give anything away, or say much with substance. Raymond could very well stay though, as he is a good defensive forward. Gives the team some depth, skill and speed if he were to play in a bottom 6 capacity. Bring in more talent will facilitate that.

Seriously, how are cody fanboys not getting this through their head? Having Cody would NOT have made us win the cup. MAYBE get through the first round, but probably not as he was a blatant defensive liability. He was cancerous in the room, and had a bad attitude, and they sold him when his value was highest. Seriously people, this is the truth, accept it. He was not the future of this organization, nor did he want to be.

Gillis was never going to give anything away, or say much with substance. Raymond could very well stay though, as he is a good defensive forward. Gives the team some depth, skill and speed if he were to play in a bottom 6 capacity. Bring in more talent will facilitate that.

What you're not considering is that, if I allow one, then ten crop up. Then you're faced with inconsistency and it's unfair to those who have recently HAD their Cody topics closed.

If it would stop at "one", sure....but it just doesn't happen that way and the floodgates would likely be opened with other "ideas" sprouting up.

The hot topic is being discussed here, so there is a platform for that. :)

Hope that helps to clarify....

I recall after the trade Cody saying, "I didn't ask to be traded". Although him and/or his father might have been a PITA and did everything but specifically say, "I want out of there." I don't remember Hodgson or daddy Hodgson saying much more in terms of breaking confidentiality. Although I remember a kurfuffle about daddy on twitter.

Regardless, two wrongs don't make a right. If you feel that player confidentiality is an important value, you uphold that on your end.

Archived