Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
429 replies to this topic

#361 shiznak

shiznak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Hodgson was clearly playing better than Kesler (points per mintues wise), so I don't know why anybody would blame him for asking for more ice-time. I don't care who you are, if you're playing better then the guy above you, then you should be promoted into a bigger role.

If you want a good example, just look at the Mike Richards and Claude Giroux situation a year ago.

2u5ezbq.png

#362 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,240 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:04 PM

Thanks HF.

To those questioning, "why now?" in relation to why MG is addressing the COHO issue at this point. It's obvious and NOT anything to do with deflecting blame away from himself. Of course he waited until the season was over because the last thing he needed was the spotlight on "issues" during the playoffs. Now that the season is behind the team, it's a more appropriate time to answer questions about what happened during the season. Nothing more to be read into it.

Why do some fans have to find an agenda here? There isn't one. As a professional, MG picked the right opportunity, post season, to touch on issues that had been put on hold. But people wanted answers and, in a fairly respectful way, he gave them all that they needed when the time was right.

Posted Image

#363 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Thanks HF.

To those questioning, "why now?" in relation to why MG is addressing the COHO issue at this point. It's obvious and NOT anything to do with deflecting blame away from himself. Of course he waited until the season was over because the last thing he needed was the spotlight on "issues" during the playoffs. Now that the season is behind the team, it's a more appropriate time to answer questions about what happened during the season. Nothing more to be read into it.

Why do some fans have to find an agenda here? There isn't one. As a professional, MG picked the right opportunity, post season, to touch on issues that had been put on hold. But people wanted answers and, in a fairly respectful way, he gave them all that they needed when the time was right.

Exactly!! Very well said, Deb! ::D

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#364 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

AV and MG have to take blame for poisoning the relationship early by calling Cody out in the media when their team doctors messed up and Cody was still hurt.

#365 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:48 PM

He threw this kid under the bus? really? If this kid had the guts to ask for more ice time and then indicated to the team that his role on the team does not match what he believes it should be then he should have the guts to take any flak or critism that comes with it. What's the need for hiding it? Once the trade happened he should have been more open about it. Not fake some surprise act in front of the cameras. Why should the organization take all the flak for it? They had plans for Cody to be part of the future and it was Cody that was not happy with the way things were going.

I would say the CoHo camp wanted to keep it quiet from the public. A public mess doesn't really benefit either party. That's why the bad acting job and trying to select his words carefully when this all went down. I wish CoHo all the best as he really hasn't been treated very well (injury call out). Has CoHo responded yet? I would expect him to take the high road, unlike our GM.
At what point do we have to look at how we treat our kids? How many times do we have to say "it's Shirokov's fault, it's Grabner's fault, it's Coho's fault" before we look at what we are doing? We will continue to do this as our GM never acknowledges a mistake or learns from them. At some point he's gonna have to replace the talent he inherited and it's not going to happen.

#366 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Man, where's the facepalm when you need it.

There have been quite a few WJC stars that have had a tough time making a career in the NHL so what's your point?

Tavares and Eberle both play on teams that are in the bottom of the standings yes BOTTOM of the standings. These teams are so thin on veteran skill that they have no choice but to play them. Sometimes they aren't developed properly because of this (Columbus anyone?). The Canucks have subscribed to the Detroit model of bringing their young players along slowly and rightfully so. Cody had good stats not great. If he put up stats like Tavares, Stamkos or Eberle I think he would have earned some more playing time. Also don't forget playing on the third and fourth lines means that you are probably not facing the opposition's top defense pair so even if you give him time on the second or first line doesn't mean that he is going to do any better.

He hasn't even played a full season with the Canucks and yet he demands more ice time? A 21 year old rookie dictating how many minutes he should be playing? What does that say to the rest of the team who have bought into the TEAM concept? He may not have explicitly come out and asked for a trade but it seems to me he (or his handlers) have been a PITA to deal with these last few years and the Canucks had enough.

So you completely disregard my whole post and choose to pinpoint I mentioned he was the leading scorer at teh WJC? Actually almost every WJC leading scorer has ended up becoming pretty good, but that wasn't why I mentioned it, I was merely using that to make you all aware of just how much potential he had and that sitting him on the bench wasn't going to help him at all in reaching it. He deserved more ice-time too because he did play well when he did and showed up in big games too right? (Schneider anyone? ;))

So basically what your reply to me was that Hodgson was just whiny and it wouldn't have been wise to give our star prospect a bit more time per game so he could develop his skills? And that still playing our top stars (some of whom were indeed injured aka Kesler) was a wise choice when our star prospect could've gave them a bit of a rest?

Also a 21 yeaar old rookie who DESERVED more time shouldn't voice his concerns and ask for a bit more time? It would've been beneficial for him and I'm pretty sure the rest of the team too. What team concept are you talking about? In my eyes only Burrows has taken any sort of sacrifice for the TEAM.

Agreed! You'd think, according to some posts here, that Cody Hodgson, THE ROOKIE, was the sainted second coming of Christ destined to save the Canucks and take them all the way to the bloody Cup.

Cool you can't come up with aany replies to me so you just let someone else do it haha joking joking ;), and no where and when did I say Hodgson was going to be our saviour and take us to the Cup? It may not look like he had much impact here, but our Goalsper Game has been significantly lower since Hodgson left,and while on the issue look at Jeff Carter, it doesn't look like he's done much but the Kings have been doing way better goal-scoring wise since they got him.

It's the PRESENCE Cody brought this year that could've helped us.
Posted Image

#367 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Cool you can't come up with aany replies to me so you just let someone else do it haha joking joking ;),

Well, I'd hate to be accused of being wordy or repetitive! :P ;)

I do hear what you're saying about CoHo being a presence, and I wasn't specifically referring to you, .Naslund - just some of the others who are really pushing the Cody bandwagon today! :)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 April 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#368 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

No one blamed the entire year on Coho. And, if you'd heard the pc you'd know that all MG did throughout was state that HE was the one in charge/to blame and would answer to that, first and foremost. Before anyone else would be pointed at in blame.

How can you assess a kid's character before you really know him, beyond how he plays on the ice? You can't. I still don't think it was Cody, himself, that was problematic...I believe it was the greedy camp he had behind him. But when you hit the NHL you leave boy status behind to become a man, so Daddy & Co. need to back away and let you spread your wings on your own. It seems there was likely a lot of interference and it sounds like it got to be tiring.

It is still a class organization...nothing was said that was inflammatory or degrading toward Cody (again, did you even hear the presser?). Reference was made to ongoing issues and that was likely more directed at the people pushing behind Cody than the kid himself.

Your dramatic response is dramatic. No one blamed everything on anyone and the question of Cody had remained pretty much unanswered. MG needs to put this to rest, and responded in a way that it could (eventually) be.

I think you are on to something there Deb. I still think that Gillis overreacted by jumping on the first chance he got to grab one of his six chosen ones. Thinking long term at a time when he should be focused on short term as our window is only going to open for a few short years. As one caller said on 1040, the traditional approach to contending teams at the trade deadline is to pick up a rental sniper....a Whitney or a Rider etc.... Instead Gillis does the exact opposite and decides to trade away our 4th leading scorer for a 2 year rookie project not known for scoring. If he was simply brought in for toughness, at least for the short term, we have a lot of depth in that position.

I hate to think of Cody being so immature and afraid of his father or maybe had a situation like some father/son relationships where nothing is good enough but those kids are always looking for that unrequited acceptance and bend over backwards for their fathers even at the expense of their own desires.

I see your hypothesis as way more credible than that Cody was a cancerous snotty elitist and a disruption in the locker room. There is zero evidence of that if his public persona is any indication. And logically..why would a young player NOT want to stay on a team that were near the top of the standings, one that went to game 7 of the Final last year and that many were predicting at getting back there? Doesn't make sense.

2z4fxud.jpg

#369 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

First of all you are believing without question what Gillis is saying but there are two sides to every story. Secondly, we don't know what those "issues" were but be a negative influence in the locker room is not one I have heard specifically. Mostly what I have heard is his agent complaining about playing time.

Exactly.... Was that not the right way of Hodgeson to go about it ? Not going to the media but talking privately to the coach ? Its very misleading the way Gillis made that comment. When you add up the draft, getting him signed, call-ups, dealing with his injuries ( rehab, 2nd opinions, health updates) then its only natural that he would have spent more time on Cody than anyone else.

And why wouldnt Cody go in and privately ask about his ice time ? he was doing everything he was asked to do and was being mentioned around the league as a possible ROY canidate yet not getting much ice time. Give him credit for not blasting the canucks openly about AV's false accusations about him faking an injury or complaining to media about his ice time. Everyone is blasting him for not answering the question but he comes across alot more professional that what Gillis is for trying to throw him under the bus. IMO, Gillis is trying to deflect as much attention away from how horrible that trade was by blaming Cody.

If Cody was that much of a cancer, then why did the canucks win the presidents trophy 2 years with Cody as a full time member ?

#370 bananian

bananian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

probably announce to sign AV to another 10 year contract.

#371 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

To me it seems MG is just backing up his man AV who doesn't know how to properly develop offensive young talent. As already pointed out he's had to deal with a lot from the Hodgson camp because the Canucks organization misdiagnosed his back problems and then complained to the media about Hodgson being a whiner and using it as an excuse for his poor play in the preseason (when obviously it was a very valid excuse as his back was messed up). Also the ice time, obviously.

Honestly the most annoying thing from this for me is that AV is still going to have a job with the Canucks next year. I was content to see what AV could do in the playoffs this year, but after the dismal run to the playoffs in which we managed to win some games we really shouldn't have thanks to stellar goaltending from both our goalies and the subsequent first round exit in 5 games, I'm done with seeing AV as our coach thanks to both his inability to stick to some sort of consistency regarding players' ice time (Raymond? wtf - Kassian? Why did we bother getting someone we wouldn't even play in the playoffs? MAG?) and his inability to give our rookies any real chance to develop early in their careers (Raymond was able to have his season due to necessity brought on by injury - Shirokov due to cap reasons was never given the chance - even though he should have been - MG is to blame for this one as well).

Well as long as we have AV, I hope Gillis is able to get some talent for the 2nd line next year (hopefully in a trade involving Raymond and Schneider) or basically tell AV to play Schroeder/Jensen/some other young talented forward we have sitting in the AHL on the 2nd line when it's not producing or he's fired.

Edited by Psycho_Path, 24 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

#372 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

To me it seems MG is just backing up his man AV who doesn't know how to properly develop offensive young talent. As already pointed out he's had to deal with a lot from the Hodgson camp because the Canucks organization misdiagnosed his back problems and then complained to the media about Hodgson being a whiner and using it as an excuse for his poor play in the preseason (when obviously it was a very valid excuse as his back was messed up). Also the ice time, obviously.

Honestly the most annoying thing from this for me is that AV is still going to have a job with the Canucks next year. I was content to see what AV could do in the playoffs this year, but after the dismal run to the playoffs in which we managed to win some games we really shouldn't have thanks to stellar goaltending from both our goalies and the subsequent first round exit in 5 games, I'm done with seeing AV as our coach thanks to both his inability to stick to some sort of consistency regarding players' ice time (Raymond? wtf - Kassian? Why did we bother getting someone we wouldn't even play in the playoffs? MAG?) and his inability to give our rookies any real chance to develop early in their careers (Raymond was able to have his season due to necessity brought on by injury - Shirokov due to cap reasons was never given the chance - even though he should have been - MG is to blame for this one as well).

Well as long as we have AV, I hope Gillis is able to get some talent for the 2nd line next year (hopefully in a trade involving Raymond and Schneider) or basically tell AV to play Schroeder/Jensen/some other young talented forward we have sitting in the AHL on the 2nd line when it's not producing or he's fired.

good post.
Yeah I can't wait to see the next rookie punching bag AV will ruin.....(not). My money is on Schroeder. I hope to gawd Kassian plays in the AHL next year to avoid the possibility that Kassian, or maybe his agent says the wrong thing at the wrong time, or proving AV wrong on the ice and hurting AV's fragile ego and thus condemning Zack to a long slow death in Vancouver. And then hope like hell AV is gone next year after.

2z4fxud.jpg

#373 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Solution .. replace all our coaching staff except Melanson .. a fresh voice and approach is needed .. anything less is just re-arranging the deck chair on the Queen of Esquimalt ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#374 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:49 PM

So basically everything he said isn't too important until he talks it over with the owners. I wonder how the owners feel? Whoever they want gone is probably going to go.

x1vXIze.png
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

small.pngCDCEHL

#375 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,139 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

Who the hell cares what awards CoHo won prior to playing in a Canucks uniform? Those have no impact on his character in the dressing room or as a Canucks player. People change. Some of the issues with Cody have been well documented already and the fact that MG has chosen to state that he has spent more time in the past three years on CoHo issues than in all other Canucks combined says a great deal.

Mike Gillis is incompetent because a player feeling entitled to more ice time was eventually traded? Because MG chose to try and work it out, to develop his player? :picard: Having to spend 3 years dealing with one player's issues is ridiculous - perhaps MG should have just dumped CoHo way back when and saved himself the trouble. Instead, the Canucks hung in there with Cody as long as they could. I would imagine having to deal with CoHo issues over and over again would become pretty intolerable.

Your post would indicate a whole lot of Cody love and bias.............you're not related to him, are you? Your over the top response would certainly give the appearance of being in the Cody camp.

Gillis' job is on the line.

Winter and Cody have spoken on the issues.

You might care to go back and listen to them if you would like to put together what all the parties concerned have already stated.

Gillis should not have to point fingers at anybody for anything.He owns it all.He is the GM.

I am sure the Acquilini's are tickled pink,as pink as Gillis' cheeks were today.

Edited by nuck nit, 24 April 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#376 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

No apology to the fans? Wow...

#377 OneHandedBertuzzi

OneHandedBertuzzi

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

never mind

Edited by OneHandedBertuzzi, 24 April 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#378 k_man08

k_man08

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Is it just me or is anyone disappointed by the way he used Hodgson as a scapegoat?
He said that he likes to keep his talks with players confidential then proceeded to throw Hodgson under the bus. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

-Hardcore Canucka

#379 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Is it just me or is anyone disappointed by the way he used Hodgson as a scapegoat?
He said that he likes to keep his talks with players confidential then proceeded to throw Hodgson under the bus. Very unprofessional in my opinion.

It was mentioned and discussed earlier in the thread. MG did not violate any confidentiality concerns regarding Hodgson.

And no, I'm not disappointed and I don't believe he used CoHo as a scapegoat for anything. He was asked a question, he answered it and moved on.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 April 2012 - 07:13 PM.

#380 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Gillis go get a top pick in the draft! (#2 - 5)

Make this season and the whole hodgson saga easier to take.

Draft Grigorenko or yakupov if oilers somehow passes up on him.

change up the core a bit with a new young prospect. Get younger, bigger(with grigorenko) and better!

Henrik aint getting any younger and kesler might be on a downhill..grigorenko is a great fit to center a top line in the future.

Edited by keslercrosby, 24 April 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#381 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,932 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

So basically everything he said isn't too important until he talks it over with the owners. I wonder how the owners feel? Whoever they want gone is probably going to go.

Was wondering the same thing myself.

My guess is, not happy at all. The timing of a 1st round exit (lowest exit in 4 yrs) also coincides with a partial owners divorce. Divorces = massive personal drop in wealth. 1st round exit = loss of millions $$. Potential business implications are severe for this org. A savvy business person would rarely stay status quo, they haven't been this successful in other endeavors by 'hoping' for different results using same strategies, personale etc. Should be interesting.

#382 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

Agreed! You'd think, according to some posts here, that Cody Hodgson, THE ROOKIE, was the sainted second coming of Christ destined to save the Canucks and take them all the way to the bloody Cup.

God, you have the same failing mindset of Alain Vigneaut who hates rookies. If you actually watch some hockey, you would know that the Philly Flyers' main contributors this playoff were the rookies.

May I also remind you that Brad Marchand, also a rookie last year for the Bruins, outscored the entire Canucks team in the last 5 SCF games? Never underestimate what a rookie can bring to the table of an aging team.

#383 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:44 PM

God, you have the same failing mindset of Alain Vigneaut who hates rookies. If you actually watch some hockey, you would know that the Philly Flyers' main contributors this playoff were the rookies.

May I also remind you that Brad Marchand, also a rookie last year for the Bruins, outscored the entire Canucks team in the last 5 SCF games? Never underestimate what a rookie can bring to the table of an aging team.

Glad to know you're a mind reader and know how much hockey I watch as well. I was speaking to THIS team, the Canucks, not Philly, not Boston but thanks anyway for the lesson in rookie players. I'll add your amazing insight to my considerable-number-of-years-of-watching-hockey experience.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 24 April 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#384 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:00 PM

Glad to know you're a mind reader and know how much hockey I watch as well. I was speaking to THIS team, the Canucks, not Philly, not Boston but thanks anyway for the lesson in rookie players. I'll add your amazing insight to my considerable-number-of-years-of-watching-hockey experience.

No, no, no. The only person with super natural abilities is yourself, remember? Not only were you able to predict that CoHo was a non-contributing factor to "this team," but you were also able to determine that there wasn't a second side to Gillis' story.

#385 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,933 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

Is there a link to the presconfrence?
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#386 Alf

Alf

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

I hate to toot my own horn :rolleyes: but I feel totally vindicated after listening to MG's conference. Go back and look at my old posts on this. I called it after the whole Gagner work out fiasco that this relationship was damaged and it got progressively worse. Cody always said the right things to reporters, but behind closed doors he was a prima donna whiner. Good riddance. He would have eventually become a cancer in the room.

Edited by Alf, 24 April 2012 - 08:11 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#387 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

I think what needs to be separated is Cody from his parents and manager. Cody is a young kid learning the professional game on and off the ice, so if he knocks on AV's door to talk about his play or whatever fine. Apparently, that is not something young players are supposed to do, I personally think that shows more how committed the kid is to being good.

What seems to be the deeper problem is Cody's agent and father who are managing his career. A lot of the issue MG had I would guess was not initiated by Cody going to his agent or parents who then went to Gillis. My guess it is the parents/agent acting without really consulting Cody. In the interview when Cody got traded remember we was totally surprised and he then called his parents. While his family and agent perhaps saw it, it really does not appear that Cody knew the troubles that were being caused.

In short he is getting accused of stuff that he probably had no idea about or was involved in.

#388 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

sig is bs except for the phillies gif. grabner wasnt a bad trade...he had one good season and has been a nobody since. coho is a tough loss but i think kass will improve to be just as good in a different way though. coho maybe a naslund but do we need another naslund type player, no.

LOL coho being compared to nazzy is a insult
Posted Image

#389 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hodgson was clearly playing better than Kesler (points per mintues wise), so I don't know why anybody would blame him for asking for more ice-time. I don't care who you are, if you're playing better then the guy above you, then you should be promoted into a bigger role.

If you want a good example, just look at the Mike Richards and Claude Giroux situation a year ago.

How exactly was it clear he was playing better than Kesler? Sheltered minutes between defensively responsible wingers. Rarely against top checking units? Rarely taking faceoffs in the defensive zone? Have you checked out the plus/minus he had in Buffalo? I liked Cody. I liked the offensive creativity. The shot. I was excited about his future here. However, it appears he and his posse were not prepared to pay their dues. You don't just hand over ice time or promote a player over your Art Ross and Selke award-winning centres this early in his career. Damn glad I didn't buy a jersey because I had thought about it. Enjoy Barfallo Cody.
Posted Image

#390 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

Typical Gillis, I am responsible, but.....excuse, excuse, blame, blame..........  How can he ever improve as a GM when he never acknowledges doing anything wrong.  That is how an agent throws a kid under the bus, typical and classless.  You think we have a class organization and honestly I can't even pretend to know.  There are, however, a lot of guys firing parting shots, BMO, Mitchell, SOB, M Schneider, CoHo and the list goes on.  Salo and Lu's comments are interesting also.  I really don't like the direction this team has taken and don't have a good feeling about the future.  It all comes from the top.

And you are playing the big blame game in this post..Double standard much in fact all your posts are nothing but doom and fail. Hodgson needs guys like you right now in buffalo.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.