The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

Sorry,he stated that he spent more time on Hodgson's issues than any other player.Commented.

If he had uttered specifics his rear end is in endless litigation.

If he was secure in his position as GM he would have not commented on his discussions of any player.

He deflected the trade pretty soundly onto the shoulders of a rookie.

Sorry,he stated that he spent more time on Hodgson's issues than any other player.Commented.

If he had uttered specifics his rear end is in endless litigation.

If he was secure in his position as GM he would have not commented on his discussions of any player.

He deflected the trade pretty soundly onto the shoulders of a rookie.

If the issue persists and becomes a bit of a distraction and a source of constant speculation, why not put it to rest at the appropriate time?

I agree 100% with MG finally setting the record straight. I believe he's done with having to answer for this and it needs to go away now.

The rookie's camp volunteered themselves for that shouldering by worrying about ice time and things that were, ultimately, coach and managment worries. Not theirs. Their deal was to help support that rookie in the best way they could, but that doesn't involve trying to run his team because there are people in place for that. So his camp owns this one. And it's finally going to be put to rest...thank you MG.

So Luo said he would waive his NTC? Man, must be alot of pressure on him to SAY that. I'll be sad if he goes, but happy for what he may bring.

We need:

Norris Caliber defencemen

Younger, fresher players (Jensen? Schroeder?)

Schneid's signed again with maybe Lack as backup.

Playmaking winger (maybe even centre?) for kes

I am not convinced AV won't be gone (I hate it if it's true - he is my favourite coach ever). But, with the way MG was praising him in almost an apologetic way, it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't being considered. Sheer speculation on my part, but I read a little of that in between the lines. Probably so far off, but my gut told me that MG was taking the brunt of this because he's in protective mode with AV, who may take the fall for this. Again, nothing but my own feeling....

I am not convinced AV won't be gone (I hate it if it's true - he is my favourite coach ever). But, with the way MG was praising him in almost an apologetic way, it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't being considered. Sheer speculation on my part, but I read a little of that in between the lines. Probably so far off, but my gut told me that MG was taking the brunt of this because he's in protection mode of AV, who may take the fall for this. Again, nothing but my own feeling....

I am not convinced AV won't be gone (I hate it if it's true - he is my favourite coach ever).  But, with the way MG was praising him in almost an apologetic way, it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't being considered.  Sheer speculation on my part, but I read a little of that in between the lines.  Probably so far off, but my gut told me that MG was taking the brunt of this because he's in protective mode with AV, who may take the fall for this.  Again, nothing but my own feeling....

First of all its looking like cody was the only one that wanted out of van, did I miss the part where luo said the same thing. Luongo said he is willng to waive his clause because he knows schnieder is a great young goalie and he is only going to get better, and himself is becoming older. MG used the cbj phrase for the medis because of the way they were acting. I dont know how you come up with your sources but atleast take the time to evaluate them.

If the issue persists and becomes a bit of a distraction and a source of constant speculation, why not put it to rest at the appropriate time?

I agree 100% with MG finally setting the record straight. I believe he's done with having to answer for this and it needs to go away now.

The rookie's camp volunteered themselves for that shouldering by worrying about ice time and things that were, ultimately, coach and managment worries. Not theirs. Their deal was to help support that rookie in the best way they could, but that doesn't involve trying to run his team because there are people in place for that. So his camp owns this one. And it's finally going to be put to rest...thank you MG.

Just because MG gave Raymond a good review doesn't mean he has any intention of re-signing him, or that Raymond would even re-sign with us. Mayray is going to be a UFA, correct? He'll be in charge of his own destiny, he can go to whichever team that wants him, if any.

MG is just not burning any bridges there, and he's doing what any good boss should do: Giving a good reference.

I am not convinced AV won't be gone (I hate it if it's true - he is my favourite coach ever). But, with the way MG was praising him in almost an apologetic way, it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't being considered. Sheer speculation on my part, but I read a little of that in between the lines. Probably so far off, but my gut told me that MG was taking the brunt of this because he's in protective mode with AV, who may take the fall for this. Again, nothing but my own feeling....

Gillis was a player agent and his main competitor was Rich.

Gillis just kicked him in the groin and attempted to deflect his responsibility trading his client without bettering the CANUCKS when it was very much needed.

Winter is going to open this whole can of worms wide open as Gillis does not get the last word in a relationship that has more than one party.

My money would be on Gillis.

Point also being that Cody's new team didn't make it (either)...so it will always remain an unanswered question. There is no proof that Cody would have been the difference and, if he was a negative energy, my guess is he wouldn't have been.

MG didn't deflect anything....he was being pushed and called the bluff. I admire that he won't be held hostage or bullied...it's a great quality and something that he's demonstrated throughout his involvement in the hockey world. Goes way back in his unwavering stance that is usually backed by integrity and staying true to himself. Winter just overstepped his boundaries and it becomes a matter of "know your role....(and shut your mouth)".

Why are we blaming CoHo for wanting more minutes? Don't we want him to succeed here? With Kesler's injuries ... why didn't AV give CoHo more and more minutes? Now we know why CoHo production dropped off sharply ... he was getting pee'd off for busting his butt off and still not getting the type of minutes that Kesler or Raymond are getting. my 2 cents

Archived