The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Press Conference (including discussion on Coho from MG)

sedinz

My money would be on Gillis.

Point also being that Cody's new team didn't make it (either)...so it will always remain an unanswered question. There is no proof that Cody would have been the difference and, if he was a negative energy, my guess is he wouldn't have been.

MG didn't deflect anything....he was being pushed and called the bluff. I admire that he won't be held hostage or bullied...it's a great quality and something that he's demonstrated throughout his involvement in the hockey world. Goes way back in his unwavering stance that is usually backed by integrity and staying true to himself. Winter just overstepped his boundaries and it becomes a matter of "know your role....(and shut your mouth)".

It sounded as if Cody Hodgson may have asked for a trade a long time before it happened.

MG said that he spent more time on Coy's problems than any other player so they took the time to make him into the type of player that they could trade for one of 6 players that they targetted. Note.....he never said that Cody asked for a trade. It sounds more like Cody was a high maintenance player who was a pain in the ass so they shipped him out for what they considered fair value. I have to respect MG for handling the problem behind the scenes. Cody is going to be a great hockey player and sad to hear that he wasn't happy here but if he didn't really want to be here, MG had little choice but to accomodate him. Kudos to Hodgson for keeping his mouth shut as well.

For me, I am happy that the air has been cleared on the Hodgson drama and that I can finally put it to rest.

He also said that they will have to develop Kassian into the type of player that they think he can be....in other words a project. He also had good things to say about Phaulson.

MG said that he will always keep his focus on having better scoring teams in Vancouver instead of the low scoring styles of teams like Nashville. With that, I hope he is going to go out and acquire some snipers with size.

He also said that the decision on whether or not they will keep the same coaching staff....he said that he would meet with the owners to discuss that.

I would like AV to stay on as coach but the special teams coached should be held accountable. Whether or not we like AV or not or whether or not MG likes AV, the decision is in the owners hands.

I agree with you.

If he scored a couple of goals...his stock would be much higher. If he didn't get any points...his value wouldn't have dropped as much since the whole team played terrible (except the goalies).

Nucks may have gotten Kassian + 1st rather than Kassian + MAG. Or even Toronto's 5th overall pick.

Meh...what's done is done.

when asked about rookies the first name he said was jensen , i know people are shooting down the idea of him being on our team , but he has the size and the skill

and how do any of you know what kesler brings to the locker room

pathetic to even try to talk about what happens in a place you never have been

when asked about rookies the first name he said was jensen , i know people are shooting down the idea of him being on our team , but he has the size and the skill

and how do any of you know what kesler brings to the locker room

pathetic to even try to talk about what happens in a place you never have been

That's true. Kesler does seem more arrogant than any other Canucks.. you can see it in both the interviews and in game.

This Hodgson news is turning out to be bad news for the Canucks. Why? Because it means Gillis didn't acquire Kassian because he was awesome, or that Hodgson was dud, but because of other political bullsh*t. Bad trade.

I dunno, MG stated it pretty clearly when he said he'd spent more time in 3 years dealing with Cody's issues than all the other players combined. Perhaps not so much negative energy but that 3 years spend dealing with Cody's issues more than all the other players combined is definitely a distraction in the locker room. It spills and filters all the way down into the locker room.

Kes? You mean the guy who Kesler bombs and is the class clown? Usually, that doesn't equate to negative energy...it's usually something light to keep you going through those negative times.

Not agreeing with Kes being more of a negative force in the room than Cody. I wasn't there/don't know, but I'm going with the GM who is obviously in close proximity and would be in more of a position to know than you or I. And, from what I've heard today, it appears that Cody was more work than he should have been. If you're focusing on one guy, that takes the focus off the team as a whole. There is no I stuff here...

I am not convinced AV won't be gone (I hate it if it's true - he is my favourite coach ever). But, with the way MG was praising him in almost an apologetic way, it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't being considered. Sheer speculation on my part, but I read a little of that in between the lines. Probably so far off, but my gut told me that MG was taking the brunt of this because he's in protective mode with AV, who may take the fall for this. Again, nothing but my own feeling....

Kes? You mean the guy who Kesler bombs and is the class clown? Usually, that doesn't equate to negative energy...it's usually something light to keep you going through those negative times.

Not agreeing with Kes being more of a negative force in the room than Cody. I wasn't there/don't know, but I'm going with the GM who is obviously in close proximity and would be in more of a position to know than you or I. And, from what I've heard today, it appears that Cody was more work than he should have been. If you're focusing on one guy, that takes the focus off the team as a whole. There is no I stuff here...

I dunno, MG stated it pretty clearly when he said he'd spent more time in 3 years dealing with Cody's issues than all the other players combined. Perhaps not so much 'negative energy' but that 3 years spent dealing with Cody's issues more than all the other players combined is definitely a distraction in the locker room. It spills out and filters all the way down into the locker room.

Archived