The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Get Out Of There, Go To Tampa Bay Or Somewhere ~ Don Cherry

DaMacNamedDre

Luongo showed his loyalty to himself, when the local media asked him if he wanted to play for the Canucks ,and he said I want to play for any team that gives ME, the best chance to win the Stanley Cup. Zero loyalty to our city, and a clever extortion that had Gillis fumbling all over himself, and gave him the ridiculous 12 year 64 mill.deal.

No one has ever come close to Luongo for being the most divisive athlete in Vancouver sports history, including Bryant Reeves.

don cherry does indeed pronounce certain names wrong on purpose, its part of his schtick and all the players know it...and thats why Lu said he considers it a term of endearment when Cherry pronounces his name wrong.

It was documented in the don cherry story why he does it(pronounces names wrong) and it goes way back to his dons early days and has nothing to do with don being senile or just plain not knowing hes doing it....he gets corrected all the time by mcclean...but chooses to ignore him because its all part of the show...its become part of their trademark whether people like it or not.

I, lol, when people on here get upset about it, cause cherry is trolling them hard!

I'm excited about Joe Cannata, won his first pro game in decisive fashion and along with Lack provides some serious goaltending depth. I am of the opinion that Schneider is a better goaltender than Luo at the moment, but considering this team's future netminders, keeping Luo will be far from disasterous.

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. - Simon and Garfunkle ;)

Seriously do any of you grasp the fact this team has really deep pockets, tons of assets and both goalies could be back next year ? More likely than the retarded rumors going around about Lou for an aging and nearly done Lecavalier ! Seriously CDC needs an ENEMA !

Luongo showed his loyalty to himself, when the local media asked him if he wanted to play for the Canucks ,and he said I want to play for any team that gives ME, the best chance to win the Stanley Cup. Zero loyalty to our city, and a clever extortion that had Gillis fumbling all over himself, and gave him the ridiculous 12 year 64 mill.deal.

No one has ever come close to Luongo for being the most divisive athlete in Vancouver sports history, including Bryant Reeves.

That is pure BS. You've based your opinion on Luongo on one soundbite from our media. How many other times has he said all the right things about being apart of this team , in this city, about wanting to win the cup with this team? Plenty.

Archived