The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Get Out Of There, Go To Tampa Bay Or Somewhere ~ Don Cherry

DaMacNamedDre

For the love of God, people have no clue what the facts are here. The facts are that Schneider posts better numbers than Luongo does, the Canucks play better as a whole when Schneider is in net, and the fans don't want Luongo here anymore.

Its not about Luongo being a bad goaltender.

Its about Schneider being the better goaltender.

I think Luongo is just loving the idea of taking all that pressure of playing in Vancouver and dropping it on Schneiders shoulders. I have no doubt Luongo will be rejuvinated in some obscure hockey market like Tampa. He will absolutely dominate somewhere but he is finished with all the constant crap he put up with here. Yes we all ran him out of town like so many before him but the future will make us second guess it for many years to come. Thanks for the memories, sorry bout the rough ride.

Ever hear the expression - keep your friends close but keep your enemies even closer?

The Flames fans hated Bertuzzi - but when he was there - they loved him.

Same for the Wings.

I'd like to see a Duncan Keith and/or Dustin Brown on this team.

I'm afraid I would have to rethink my Canucks loyalty should Ratboy, Keith or Brown ever join this team. I had to face that decision only once before, and that's when there was some talk about the Canucks acquiring Brett Hull. I am a confirmed Canuckaholic but there are just some lines I could never cross....Ratboy, Keith or Brown in a Canucks sweater is that line.

Keeping those enemies closer would mean that somewhere along the line, I would have to support their presence as a Canuck. Just ain't a-gonna happen.

I'm afraid I would have to rethink my Canucks loyalty should Ratboy, Keith or Brown ever join this team. I had to face that decision only once before, and that's when there was some talk about the Canucks acquiring Brett Hull. I am a confirmed Canuckaholic but there are just some lines I could never cross....Ratboy, Keith or Brown in a Canucks sweater is that line.

Keeping those enemies closer would mean that somewhere along the line, I would have to support their presence as a Canuck. Just ain't a-gonna happen.

Archived