The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Five-Star Hotel Not Good Enough, Bev Oda Opts For Posh Hotel Favoured By Royalty

By all means have her submit her receipts with justification from now on. Resignation is over the top. Discipline in the form of higher scrutiny is fine. That should be the end of it is all I am saying.

There are FAR BIGGER PROBLEMS in the country right now that cost wise are not on the scale of the Hotel Room, or even buying the whole hotel. They are on the scale of the guy that owns said Hotel and his whole family.........

By all means have her submit her receipts with justification from now on. Resignation is over the top. Discipline in the form of higher scrutiny is fine. That should be the end of it is all I am saying.

There are FAR BIGGER PROBLEMS in the country right now that cost wise are not on the scale of the Hotel Room, or even buying the whole hotel. They are on the scale of the guy that owns said Hotel and his whole family.........

Well, every political party in the World has this sort of feeding at the trough. It does not matter if if is left or right. They ALL do it.

It is called entitlement.

And to call out on the Conservatives shows your bias. If it happened to a left wing party it would be just as hyprocritical becasue they are suppose to represent the underclass.

SURELY WE CAN TALK AND WALK.

I don't think it's over the top, given her previous conduct. We're not talking about a freshman (err, freshwoman?) MP who put a lunch on the people's tab. We're talking about a minister whose lack of respect for her constituents allows her to upgrade to an even more lavish hotel than the 5-star where her conference takes place, to pay for it with your tax money, in the government of budget cuts and austerity. And you think she should keep her job? It's not the money but the actions that are deserving of losing her job.

Hopefully she pays for it in the polls.

If she resigns then we have a by election which will cost even more money.

Keep a hawk eye going, submit all receipts, and let her fate be decided.

I really don't care if she does resign but I find it funny we worry about a couple grand on a hotel room yet remain oblivious to the country teetering towards a massive recession/depression..........

http://www2.macleans...housing-bubble/

When the credit bubble pops (housing bubble is the least of our problems) the cons are going to have bigger problems then overindulging on hotel rooms!

I would insist in receipts being given and all travel arrangements be followed. If there are any deviations she pays for them. Determine a policy (stay at the venue, etc.) for what is covered by the state and what is not.

Don't follow this and then she's gone to far.

Don't get me wrong. She's not been good, just not so bad to boot her out. You can see it from there though.

That done, direct parliment to our own very real problems.

Archived