Booth quoted Theodore Roosevelt on twitter today, as seen below:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
https://twitter.com/#!/D_Booth7

As harsh as it may sound, he speaks the truth. It's easy for us to make accusations, analyze, and dissect this team from the sidelines. At the end of the day, we'll never really know what it actually takes to get the job done on the ice. It sucks being a cold, timid soul lol. He's probably gonna take some flak for this though

Edited by luongo.is.god, 23 April 2012 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image
"Another game for MILOS!!!"......................................................................................................................................................."Fighting for a legacy"

Posted Image

Canucks - So good that even when they lose, they sometimes win!

#2 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

the crap is booth talking about.. you're 4 + mil cap hit needs to go along with ballard's, raymond's and malhotra's.

clear cap space and go big this offseason.

Edited by keslercrosby, 23 April 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#3 PENGUINScanFLY

PENGUINScanFLY

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

I'm surprised he didn't say it was all part of God's plan or something..

EDIT: I'm bashing Christianity?... I simply don't believe that God cares much about sports; despite what David may think.
I saw a spot on Booth during a game, interviewing him and his family back home. They talked about how his trade to Vancouver must have been the will of God, and I just thought to myself, "Really, with millions of people suffering in the world, you people think that the creator of everything cares about a rich athlete's career?"

Edited by PENGUINScanFLY, 25 April 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#4 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

POPULAR

the crap is booth talking about.. you're 4 + mil cap hit needs to go along with ballard's, raymond's and malhotra's.

you realize ballard was one of our best Dmen this season, right?...?

#5 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

POPULAR

How original, lets all bash on Christianity.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#6 Demo250

Demo250

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Edit: Gonna remove this sentence... don't want to get into religious debates.

Interesting take on it though I guess... I didn't expect Booth to post something like that.

Edited by Demo250, 23 April 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

POPULAR

This crap is exactly what Booth is talking about - it's easy to be armchair GM (like you are right now), but the real battle is fought on ice, not on CDC.

#8 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,780 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

Booth is bang-on, ya heathen cur's .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#9 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

POPULAR

You must be sensitive, I didn't take it as a bash on Christianity. Think they were just pointing out that he talks about god a lot.

#10 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

amen.

#11 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

POPULAR

Interesting he chose Theodore Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" quote.

Essentially, it means that the man we should praise is the man who’s out there fighting the big battles, even if those battles end in defeat.

Obviously I'm disappointed with the loss, but I'm just a fan. It must suck way worse as a player who sacrifices a lot (monetary gain aside) to play 82 games in a season waiting for the big show - only to be ousted so early once it arrives.

This loss feels horrible, but I'm still proud of the team :)

#12 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

POPULAR

Lol. At the end of the reg season you saw all the teams who didn't make the playoffs thank their fans. They used twitter and the media to send personalized "thank you" messages for the fans. This is what we get? A veiled "screw you". Ya, thanks. Thanks to Canucks fans for paying some of the highest tickets prices in the NHL, and selling out the arena consecutively more than any other NHL fanbase. In turn, it allowed Canucks org. to spend to the cap every year, employ sleep Dr.'s and nutritionists for the players enjoyment. Thanks for that David Booth, and thanks for the wonderful $4.3M season you gave us.

#13 Bingo Chili

Bingo Chili

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

This crap is exactly what Booth is talking about - it's easy to be armchair GM (like you are right now), but the real battle is fought on ice, not on CDC.

There wasn't much of a battle whenever booth, ballard, malhotra and raymond are on the ice...10 + mill to spend better somewhere else

Yeah you like a player who does individual plays then just shoot at a distance, who also cant pass for 4+ mil for fews more years.

#14 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

so how many more years of 'stumbling/erring/failing' will it take?

Edited by 'NucKô, 23 April 2012 - 06:38 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Grape

Grape

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Trade our most exciting player in an already non-exiting organization? Hmm...
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image  
Signature Credit to Vintage Canuck!

Don't Click!

#16 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

POPULAR

Trade our most exciting player in an already non-exiting organization? Hmm...

yeah paying 4.25 mil for 0G, 1A, -1

tied for 10th on the team in shots with hansen (1.35m), pahlsson (2.65m) and tavev (0.9m)
(7 shots in 5 games)

oh yeah.. hes so exciting

Edited by 'NucKô, 23 April 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Posted Image

#17 jeremy_cheung14

jeremy_cheung14

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

he loves reading bibos

#18 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

POPULAR

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

Edited by etsen3, 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#19 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Where do you people get the God reference? (Not that I would mind.)

#20 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Lol. At the end of the reg season you saw all the teams who didn't make the playoffs thank their fans. They used twitter and the media to send personalized "thank you" messages for the fans. This is what we get? A veiled "screw you". Ya, thanks. Thanks to Canucks fans for paying some of the highest tickets prices in the NHL, and selling out the arena consecutively more than any other NHL fanbase. In turn, it allowed Canucks org. to spend to the cap every year, employ sleep Dr.'s and nutritionists for the players enjoyment. Thanks for that David Booth, and thanks for the wonderful $4.3M season you gave us.

You don't think this is Booth's response to the media and fan base criticizing him and his teammates? It seems more in more this team's standards and expectations are raised where criticism outweighs appreciation. How the hell can anyone perform in this kind of atmosphere? Why do you think the Leafs consistently fail to make the playoffs? You don't think it's the atmosphere and pressure on the players to perform?

#21 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

POPULAR

This morning I woke up and the sun was rising, the birds signing and deer eating my flowers...again....
The Canucks gave us great entertainment all season and in the end only the fans of one team will be truly satisfied.
Someday I do hope to to feel that type of joy; in the mean time all I can hope for is ownership giving the green light to go after that which management feels is needed to fulfill the quest for the cup.
This is a team game and the team wasn't good enough!
Was it the poor D that put to much pressure on the O to perform or the other way around?
We are still in need of upgrades if we truly want the cup.
If I where king of the castle it'd be the D I'd try to upgrade, a stud D-man a la Weber would be the ticket IMO..
easier said than done...
I'm looking forward to the moves Gillis will be making this off season!
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#22 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

When expectations are unrealistically high, sometimes things falls flat on your face.

Same as that very smart kid that got constantly pushed to get 95%+ in school. He is very smart but even 93% is viewed as failure and the parents yell at him. Eventually he skip school, joined a gang, and start doing drugs.

To those that suddenly for no reason decided to bring religion into this, yes God does have a purpose: To weed out fans like you.

Edited by CHIPS, 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#23 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

POPULAR

You don't think this is Booth's response to the media and fan base criticizing him and his teammates? It seems more in more this team's standards and expectations are raised where criticism outweighs appreciation. How the hell can anyone perform in this kind of atmosphere? Why do you think the Leafs consistently fail to make the playoffs? You don't think it's the atmosphere and pressure on the players to perform?

No one forced David Booth, or any other professional athlete to chose this profession as their job. It was a choice. And the reality in professional sports and fanbases are, you don't have one without the other. Their is no 'Vancouver Canucks' if they don't have a large fanbase who a) buys tickets to hockey games b ) purchases team merchandise c) watch the team in TV

You choose to play professional sports, then you choose you to be in the spotlight. That spotlight will always provide a combination of love and hate, it's how professional sports work. Habs are under just as much pressure as the Leafs, why have they made the playoffs? The Leafs are a bad hockey team, that's why they didn't make the playoffs - it has nothing to do with their fanbase.

I am under public scrutiny in my job, but I realized that when I accepted the challenge. I chose this career and it meant I chose what came with it. The sooner David Booth can accept that, the sooner he can take responsibility for his own actions.

Edited by RunningWild, 23 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#24 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#25 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

Here's the deal, you play in the nhl, make millions, are a public figure and take the heat that goes with it. Not comfortable with that, perhaps a career change would make sense.

#26 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

trade the fans, starting with the under-performers like RunningWild

It's people like you who have no place on this board. You have a constructive comment, cool, post it. It's these types of comments that give CDC a bad name.

#27 Nosaj

Nosaj

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I think this speech is more applicable to professions in which you don't get paid millions to play a sport.

Posted Image

#28 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

It's people like you who have no place on this board. You have a constructive comment, cool, post it. It's these types of comments that give CDC a bad name.

coming from the guy who's response to Booth's message was "screw you I pay your salary"? That's a constructive message is it?

#29 Nordiques_fan

Nordiques_fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

POPULAR

I'm in.

#30 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I swear I saw a camera shot of him on the bench with Daniel during game 4 telling Daniel he prayed that he would be back and healthy, Daniel had the look like ya ummm...... thanks man?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.