Booth quoted Theodore Roosevelt on twitter today, as seen below:

s31vd.jpg

ZCM9C.jpg

TD3jp.jpg

tbls2.jpg

W2CRw.jpg

FpRJZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/#!/D_Booth7

As harsh as it may sound, he speaks the truth. It's easy for us to make accusations, analyze, and dissect this team from the sidelines. At the end of the day, we'll never really know what it actually takes to get the job done on the ice. It sucks being a cold, timid soul lol. He's probably gonna take some flak for this though

I'm surprised he didn't say it was all part of God's plan or something..

EDIT: I'm bashing Christianity?... I simply don't believe that God cares much about sports; despite what David may think.

I saw a spot on Booth during a game, interviewing him and his family back home. They talked about how his trade to Vancouver must have been the will of God, and I just thought to myself, "Really, with millions of people suffering in the world, you people think that the creator of everything cares about a rich athlete's career?"

Interesting he chose Theodore Roosevelt's "Man in the Arena" quote.

Essentially, it means that the man we should praise is the man who’s out there fighting the big battles, even if those battles end in defeat.

Obviously I'm disappointed with the loss, but I'm just a fan. It must suck way worse as a player who sacrifices a lot (monetary gain aside) to play 82 games in a season waiting for the big show - only to be ousted so early once it arrives.

This loss feels horrible, but I'm still proud of the team :)

Lol. At the end of the reg season you saw all the teams who didn't make the playoffs thank their fans. They used twitter and the media to send personalized "thank you" messages for the fans. This is what we get? A veiled "screw you". Ya, thanks. Thanks to Canucks fans for paying some of the highest tickets prices in the NHL, and selling out the arena consecutively more than any other NHL fanbase. In turn, it allowed Canucks org. to spend to the cap every year, employ sleep Dr.'s and nutritionists for the players enjoyment. Thanks for that David Booth, and thanks for the wonderful $4.3M season you gave us.

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

Lol. At the end of the reg season you saw all the teams who didn't make the playoffs thank their fans. They used twitter and the media to send personalized "thank you" messages for the fans. This is what we get? A veiled "screw you". Ya, thanks. Thanks to Canucks fans for paying some of the highest tickets prices in the NHL, and selling out the arena consecutively more than any other NHL fanbase. In turn, it allowed Canucks org. to spend to the cap every year, employ sleep Dr.'s and nutritionists for the players enjoyment. Thanks for that David Booth, and thanks for the wonderful $4.3M season you gave us.

Archived