The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Comments By David Booth On Twitter Today

luongo.is.god

I do think he probably isn't wired to handle a market like this based on these tweets.

Also, he seems to worry more about the criticism instead of taking responsibility for poor play.

Imagine where the Sedins would be if they took all the criticism they received in this market to heart? They never commented on it and just worked hard to improve each offseason.

I think Booth would rather live anonymously like he did in Florida and keep collecting paychecks.

First of all, "he" doesn't speak the truth. He's co-opting the words of others, words, by the way, used in the harsh circumstances of war and attrition, not the glorified millionaires' club which is the NHL players' communion.

Second of all, of course we don't know what it takes. But then, we don't get paid $4 million to find out. Booth doesn't know what it takes, either, since he has his $$ and is able to play golf and work out during the next 4 months. Wish I had all that time off.

Thirdly, the critic DOES count. It's often the critics who hold the so-called "doers" to a higher level, to accountability.

So bite me, Booth. You didn't earn your money this year. Use the off-season to learn how to play within a team concept. Apparently, 5 1/2 months during the regular season and playoff wasn't enough.

however he wants to deal with it is his business. whats it matter who does what to deal with sadness and dissapointment. the team could have a circle jerk for all i care...who the hell are we to critisize the mans faith and how he lives his life...jesus christ cdc, lay the f off for f sakes. if i were on the team id say i didnt put in effort because our fans are crapty! that'd be my tweet.

Gee, thank you for the ad hominem reply :rolleyes:

Did I say Booth isn't allowed to have an opinion? NO. I was replying to agree with Hockeyville that some people don't like how Booth seems to feel that God has something planned for him (this team) and when something doesn't go as we wanted - it's all because some higher power has a different idea. Again, I never said Booth can't believe in that - I don't care, they're his beliefs, but I would prefer it if he didn't talk about that. I'm not religious and my family (that are religious) are not Christian - they just find it a bit awkward when they're looking for a hockey answer and instead recieve a religious one.

As for your second point. What the heck are you spewing out?

(1) People are not mad about his salary, people are frustrated that he is not playing up to par with his salary. That's also where the criticism of Ballard came from last year.

(2) It doesn't matter how much money you have unless you can't spend it with your family? I'm not sure if you realize this, but this IS the nature of professional sports. Athletes know EXACTLY what they are signing up for when they aim to be and become professional. To put it simply, travel and time away from family is part of the job requirement.

(3) I have no idea what you're ranting about here (the media and sterotypical answers?) so I'm not even going to address this.

Also, there is a difference between fans who are simply emotionally invested in the game ranting on a useless discussion board and a professional athlete putting his thoughts out to the world on a social (public) media site. If you can't see the difference, then so be it.

If you could take the opposite of a Raymond hater in terms of reality, critical criticism, and overall a time span of literally 1/10th the difference between the players time here.

You have, a booth hater.

The biggest moron in town.

Booth should have used his own words, rather then act like a complete douche by using quotes that make it sound like hes comparing genuine hardship to professional sport.

I dont like unjust criticism either, but most athletes have to balls and intelligence accept it comes with the job and the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

Dude... you lost in 5 games to an 8th seed and you take it upon yourself to attack the fans because they are pissed off about it? Are you high?

Booth should have used his own words, rather then act like a complete douche by using quotes that make it sound like hes comparing genuine hardship to professional sport.

I dont like unjust criticism either, but most athletes have to balls and intelligence accept it comes with the job and the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

Dude... you lost in 5 games to an 8th seed and you take it upon yourself to attack the fans because they are pissed off about it? Are you high?

Reread his tweets, he never mentioned God or any Religion, he was just stating that the worker or warrior is easily criticized and not appreciated by the customer, or the observer. And it wasn't even his quote, it was Teddy Roosevelt.

You must all suffer ADHD or something. Give the guy and the team a little respect. They DID try their best, you arrogant , self aggrandicising ,cheap, underachieving, spoiled, narcassistic, and/or, psycopathic Morons!

You all just jealous of him? Cause he's tall, blonde, rich, and handsome, with a killer smile. And your not? Or that he's one of the best hockey players in the world? Alot of Canuck fan's on Cdc really suck big time!

And using that quote is humbling, respectful, and bang on. Everyone is a critic,and they are a dime a dozen, but heroes are the ones that actually get there, do it, and try their best

Wow, CDC is full of a bunch of sensitive and overreacting 13 year olds, what a surprise.

I honestly think some of you guys are COMPLETELY overanalyzing a couple of tweets. Stop taking his quote so personally, Booth isn't attacking anyone or telling us to "screw off" like people have suggested, neither does it suggest that he doesn't appreciate the Vancouver fans. Also, a couple of sentences (that aren't even his own words) doesn't define his personality, so there's no need to suggest that he NEEDS to be traded because his personality is unwanted, jeez -_-...

I'm no literature major but I think the OP's analysis is the best and most straight forward; the media and the public can criticize all we want but at the end of the day, we'll never understand what it's like to be a part of the roster and play on that rink. That's basically all he means, so you guys can calm down now.

Guess what Canuck fans? Believe it or not, David Booth is 100000x more upset, disappointed, and choked than all of us fans combined. People just choose to express in different ways.

Massively spoiled millionaires should keep the public whining to a minimum,

Playing NHL hockey for a living is an easy life. But if it is such a burden he's free to retire any time since he's got enough money to live the rest of his life.

Overreaction to twitter much?

This is why a lot of people in the spotlight - heck even regular people - refrain from signing up for social media - because people take things way too seriously or get bashed for posting their own thoughts.

So he posted a quote - so what? And then people start going off about his salary/his play/his religious beliefs. I think everyone is just really mad and disappointed with the early exit right now and therefore unable to think rationally and everyone ends up fighting, I've been reading/seeing this a lot since the loss. This is a player who was chosen as the most exciting player - BY THE FANS...so that means a lot of you people on here and you obviously liked him before the last 5 games happened but now want his head.

I think it's more of a dig at the media and the haters - i'm sure they've had people attacking them on twitter & in public and in the media saying sh*t (heck, i saw some flames fan attack kesler's sister on twitter - family isn't off limits with idiotic people, and they'll go to any lengths and say anything). I also don't see it as him whining. .

Quite honestly I can't read that without seeing how he plays the game............me, me, ME!

That is the soliloquy of and for the individual. He needs to learn he is in a team. I'm frankly not interested in his try, try. try again approach, it is costing us games. He needs to pass, pass, pass, PASS and get with the team ethic or get out.

"Guess what Canuck fans? Believe it or not, David Booth is 100000x more upset, disappointed, and choked than all of us fans combined. People just choose to express in different ways."

That is a matter for debate. What I do know from using my eyes is he fails to play in team mates and when he does it is usually after he has killed the move. He needs to pass on the break, he needs to pass early and THEN he needs to get to the net. Unfortunately the few times I have seen him pass, they left much to be desired.

I am not against DB or having him in the team. I just see him as wasting his talent by NOT using his team mates. If it stopped there then fine but it is hurting the chemistry of the line.............jeez even Ovechkin learned that in the end.

So every time the team fails to reach its goal (win the Cup), management should turn over all personnel?

As fans, we have a say in whether we support this team or not - it's not like someone's got to a gun to your head and making you cheer for this team. Go ahead and pack it in...cheer for someone else if you wish.

People who earn ****loads of money, money that they receive through us, the fans, have to deal with criticism every now and then. Everyone who is faithful to his team has the right to criticize it (or parts of it), if things don't work out. Of course, every criticism must stay within certain bounds!

Archived