The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Comments By David Booth On Twitter Today

luongo.is.god

I wholeheartedly agree with the situation. No one except the guys in the locker room know what it's like, hence I hate it when the bandwagoners jump on, talking like they've coached 20 years in the NHL or something. You can have your opinion heard but much of it is criticism - too many times unjust. Whether it is deserved or not isn't something for fans to decide.

If you want to be of use for the Canucks, cheer hard and support them in every manner, don't play armchair GM, get off the playstation, and heck you may as well follow them in the community work.

People who earn ****loads of money, money that they receive through us, the fans, have to deal with criticism every now and then. Everyone who is faithful to his team has the right to criticize it (or parts of it), if things don't work out. Of course, every criticism must stay within certain bounds!

No one is trying to throw you in jail. They are just pointing out that you and others are acting like giant douches, which is your right.

Big paychecks don't automatically give you a thick skin BTW. Its easy to say "we pay good money for the right to bitch at hockey players every season". But really, all you are doing is making it harder to play in this city, and driving away players who don't want to deal with out reactionary and overly emotional fans.

Reread his tweets, he never mentioned God or any Religion, he was just stating that the worker or warrior is easily criticized and not appreciated by the customer, or the observer. And it wasn't even his quote, it was Teddy Roosevelt.

You must all suffer ADHD or something. Give the guy and the team a little respect. They DID try their best, you arrogant , self aggrandicising ,cheap, underachieving, spoiled, narcassistic, and/or, psycopathic Morons!

You all just jealous of him? Cause he's tall, blonde, rich, and handsome, with a killer smile. And your not? Or that he's one of the best hockey players in the world? Alot of Canuck fan's on Cdc really suck big time!

And using that quote is humbling, respectful, and bang on. Everyone is a critic,and they are a dime a dozen, but heroes are the ones that actually get there, do it, and try their best

Enuff of the crap from David Booth...."We are all Canucks~!" So this staement alone gives me rights to B!tch lol So F you Booth Dont judge me cuz Im judgin you....Im allowed...for one and for 2 you played just "OK" for 3 you don't like it here hockey town BC then walk....ask for tradsies...or just scratch yourself for the year...GOOF~!

People with maturity are out in full force tonight. I compared my career to his --- where exactly? I stated both careers were under public scrutiny, which is accurate. When any person accepts a career which is under constant public scrutiny, you have to think long and hard about what that means - and if you're up for the challenge.

Also, this whole 'real fan', 'fake fan' stuff is pretty funny. A person can offer constructive criticism, but they aren't a real fan? So if my parents tell me my car is ugly, they must hate me? Please. This is real life here.

That is not a hate comment you drama queen... that to read as a sarcastic comment derived from his spewing of rightious comments.

He tried to blow us off becuz we were critizing the team for poor effort. and so you know it is my right as a fan~!

Your post is opeing this up to a much broader and more heated thread than it should be. Dont like it don't read it let alone comment.

Well, if you choose to be a proffesional athlete you should understand the pressure you have upon your shoulders. Just feels like he's finding excuses I for once believe that he has to take a look in the mirror and realise what parts of his game he needs to improve. Not just, "We did our best, we lost. Don't blame us you don't know how hard it is, you are just the fans" type of BS, Because the fans puts their soul, heart and money just because they love this team, then he should be able to work his ass off, just like everybody else on this team, and do anything to win it.

The problem is the fans pay for Booth's salary...Booth does not pay fans for support. Like I already said Booth is very deserving of criticism since he's one of the higher paid players on the team and his contribution is nowhere near the level of compensation he is receiving. So in summation take the criticism Booth it is well deserved.

Ok um... What? First off exactly when did he blame a higher authority for the playoffs? Also, when did this country change the Charter of rights and freedoms to give everyone free speech unless your a professional athlete? Also, we are interpreting his meaning of the quote, we don't know how he feels and we certainly don't have a right to criticize him for his religious beliefs which he didn't even mention in this quote.

The man quoted a great speech from an historical American President. What are you all b****ing about. How would you like a customer to tell you how to do your job every 2 hours?, and claim your invisible, useless etc etc. Yah the modern Canuck fan is a Narcissitic disorderd personallity, who can hurl insults at any and every hockey player, but can't handle a single one of them, quoting one wise man's speech.

There wasn't much of a battle whenever booth, ballard, malhotra and raymond are on the ice...10 + mill to spend better somewhere else

Yeah you like a player who does individual plays then just shoot at a distance, who also cant pass for 4+ mil for fews more years.

Archived