The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Comments By David Booth On Twitter Today

luongo.is.god

So here people are, bashing booth for his religious beliefs, lu is very religious but we dont take the piss out of him- or do people do that too? Why not have some respect? He doesnt seem like a bad guy, he's humble pleasant and always has a smile. People are so merciless at times.

Ill bet every one of those men on the ice was

trying their damndest. They know it wasnt

enough and they are all frustrated and

devastated. They need support, not snide comments regarding their personal beliefs.

Regarding the quote in the tweet- i perceive it as a thoughtful utterance meaning its better to have tried and failed than never tried at all. Not sure how some people took it as a veiled insult to the peanut gallery.

So here people are, bashing booth for his religious beliefs, lu is very religious but we dont take the piss out of him- or do people do that too? Why not have some respect? He doesnt seem like a bad guy, he's humble pleasant and always has a smile. People are so merciless at times.

devastated. They need support, not snide comments regarding their personal beliefs.

Regarding the quote in the tweet- i perceive it as a thoughtful utterance meaning its better to have tried and failed than never tried at all. Not sure how some people took it as a veiled insult to the peanut gallery.

If that was a preview of how he plays in the playoffs, I'm a little worried.

I'l give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he was just slow to adjust to his new team. But if not, it looks like we have another Mason Raymond type player that costs almost twice as much.

It's CDC ... Most of these idiots can barely tie their own shoes, yet they feel they know better than NHL players, former NHL players, NHL general managers, NHL agents, NHL scouts, NHL coaches, etc.

I thought Booth did well this year, considering his centre was useless. Work on that puck handling in the off season, he seems like a great team mate and role model. If he ups production I wouldn't mind seeing an A on his jersey.

I don't understand everyone in this thread. He is under performing based on his salary, and everyone looks past it. I've seen MANY quotes on how people are defending him. Let me put it this way.

I'm going through school as a Nurse. Now, for being paid like 2% of his annual salary, my job is arguably going to much harder than his (perhaps not physically). If I make mistakes, by God, my teachers drill new ***holes into me over and OVER until I get it right. There is NO excuse for failure for me, especially when lives may or may not be in my hands.

What I'm pissed about is his f***ing quote. Yeah, you're so poetic when you quote an old US president about how you can't point fingers at failure because we're not in his shoes. You're ****ing right I'm going to point fingers. That quote shows how he believes there's not much "accountability" for his actions. I have an incredible amount of accountability in my future job for being paid almost nothing compared to his salary. But it's OK, he can pull out a quote and shift blame from his underachieving season to how hard the game is.

Now you're thinking... well, you're just some guy on the internet pointing fingers. Well, that's quite true, but not without a point. David Booth is a very bad player this season. He doesn't pass, barely scores and barely has any points. He was almost an invisible player in the playoffs except for maybe 1 or 2 chances, which of course, that he has troubling finishing on. If I'm indirectly paying for his salary and the city of Vancouver as well, he is not above criticism and he should be damn well performing alot better. Then, to pull out the quote and then not thank the fans who's paying his damn salary on top of it... slap in the face. Really hope he steps it up next season or gets traded.

The entire quote:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Of course its a shot at the fans. Critic=fans. Those cold and timid souls who neither know victory or defeat=fans

• 8 months later...

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

Archived