196 replies to this topic

#91 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with the situation. No one except the guys in the locker room know what it's like, hence I hate it when the bandwagoners jump on, talking like they've coached 20 years in the NHL or something. You can have your opinion heard but much of it is criticism - too many times unjust. Whether it is deserved or not isn't something for fans to decide.

If you want to be of use for the Canucks, cheer hard and support them in every manner, don't play armchair GM, get off the playstation, and heck you may as well follow them in the community work.

#92 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

If David Booth thinks he 'fought the good fight' or gave it his all, I beg to differ.

Based on what I saw this year, he either

A) Didn't try very hard at all

B) Isn't that talented to begin with.

Did David Booth contribute more to the Canucks than Samuelsson did in previous years? NO. Do you think Booth has it in him to play better? Well I damn well hope so because he was a disappointment out there, along with several other forwards (Among them is Mason R. or for confidentiality we can call him M. Raymond)

David Booth should take some inspiration from real rugged playoff warriors who DID put it all out there, like Andreychuk or Brind'Amour, or Joe Sakic/ Yzerman (2002 for Stevie Y, amazing despite massive injury) and then reflect on whether or not he gave it as much as those guys did. I bet he will find himself wanting.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#93 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Way to show appreciation for the fans that pay your salary (albeit indrectly). 41 years of agony and this is what we get.
Posted Image

#94 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

POPULAR

The man quoted a great speech from an historical American President. What are you all b****ing about. How would you like a customer to tell you how to do your job every 2 hours?, and claim your invisible, useless etc etc. Yah the modern Canuck fan is a Narcissitic disorderd personallity, who can hurl insults at any and every hockey player, but can't handle a single one of them, quoting one wise man's speech.

#95 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:33 AM

The man quoted a great speech from an historical American President. What are you all b****ing about. How would you like a customer to tell you how to do your job every 2 hours?, and claim your invisible, useless etc etc. Yah the modern Canuck fan is a Narcissitic disorderd personallity, who can hurl insults at any and every hockey player, but can't handle a single one of them, quoting one wise man's speech.

That's part of being a professional athlete. If you can't handle the criticism for being invisible, you should go work as a cashier at Target. The smart little jab at the hands that feed him is completely unncessary.
Posted Image

#96 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

I think he's right. Personally I don't mind dissecting, analayzing, and even criticising players, because I like the strategy and technical part of the game. But I hate when a little criticism turns into full on bashing and hate. I think there's a difference there.

Some fans have the attitude that the team somehow owes them something personally. It's so pathetic when people who are sitting on their comfy couch in the living room, straight up insult professional athletes who are actually out there doing the hard work and dedicating their lives to the sport. Well ff the player you're insulting is a "bum" or a "loser", then what does that make you? A huge hypocrite.

I think of the time when Paul McCallum missed that kick in the Grey Cup, and "fans" dumped cow sh*t on his lawn. How can any logical person do that?

This is EXACTLY what each of you sound like right now. It disgusts me.

#97 Richowl

Richowl

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Way to show appreciation for the fans that pay your salary (albeit indrectly). 41 years of agony and this is what we get.

I'm going to have to agree with this, actually. Maybe not as crude though.

Think about it, celebrities, themselves, are supposed to ignore the haters, and appreciate the fans. There's always going to be haters, not everyone is going to like you. But when all you talk about is how sad you are because the haters are so mean-- people get turned off by that.

Professional athletes can be considered celebrities in a sense. They're publicly known in half the country if not the whole country.

With Booth, there isn't a single tweet saying how he appreciates our support, cheering for the team year after year. Instead, he blurts out quotes that nobody except his supporting fans are going to read.

#98 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

are you ???? serious right now???(the bold) why the hell should he care what you idiots think... and you can't blame him for his salary blame florida they signed him and went with a big number to hit the cap floor. Second he spends weeks away from family and friends can u do that it doesn't matter how much money you have if you're never with your family and able to spend it on them, tell me what you want a guy to say after a lose where every damn person in the room is frustrated you need something to say and most guys go with the classic "they were better, outplayed us, blahblah" you people dont jump on them you go for the guy who says "it was god" because he just wants to get the hell away from the brainless turds in the media. and to those crying about "attacking" Christianity calm ur crap some people just arent able to get their point across on the internet. i agree with his quote. if you can come here and "rant" why cant he "rant" on twitter?

Gee, thank you for the ad hominem reply :rolleyes:

Did I say Booth isn't allowed to have an opinion? NO. I was replying to agree with Hockeyville that some people don't like how Booth seems to feel that God has something planned for him (this team) and when something doesn't go as we wanted - it's all because some higher power has a different idea. Again, I never said Booth can't believe in that - I don't care, they're his beliefs, but I would prefer it if he didn't talk about that. I'm not religious and my family (that are religious) are not Christian - they just find it a bit awkward when they're looking for a hockey answer and instead recieve a religious one.

As for your second point. What the heck are you spewing out?
(1) People are not mad about his salary, people are frustrated that he is not playing up to par with his salary. That's also where the criticism of Ballard came from last year.
(2) It doesn't matter how much money you have unless you can't spend it with your family? I'm not sure if you realize this, but this IS the nature of professional sports. Athletes know EXACTLY what they are signing up for when they aim to be and become professional. To put it simply, travel and time away from family is part of the job requirement.
(3) I have no idea what you're ranting about here (the media and sterotypical answers?) so I'm not even going to address this.

Also, there is a difference between fans who are simply emotionally invested in the game ranting on a useless discussion board and a professional athlete putting his thoughts out to the world on a social (public) media site. If you can't see the difference, then so be it.

#99 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Wow, major overreaction CDC. Imagine if Vancouver had to put up with NBA stars.

#100 Richowl

Richowl

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

Wow, major overreaction CDC. Imagine if Vancouver had to put up with NBA stars.

ha ha? I wouldn't call it over-reaction. It's a discussion, what do you expect? Discussion leads to disagreement. disagreement leads to anger. anger leads to wanting further explanations. further explanations leads to discussion. :lol:

#101 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

I do think he probably isn't wired to handle a market like this based on these tweets.

Also, he seems to worry more about the criticism instead of taking responsibility for poor play.

Imagine where the Sedins would be if they took all the criticism they received in this market to heart? They never commented on it and just worked hard to improve each offseason.

I think Booth would rather live anonymously like he did in Florida and keep collecting paychecks.

#102 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:39 AM

First of all, "he" doesn't speak the truth. He's co-opting the words of others, words, by the way, used in the harsh circumstances of war and attrition, not the glorified millionaires' club which is the NHL players' communion.

Second of all, of course we don't know what it takes. But then, we don't get paid $4 million to find out. Booth doesn't know what it takes, either, since he has his $$ and is able to play golf and work out during the next 4 months. Wish I had all that time off.

Thirdly, the critic DOES count. It's often the critics who hold the so-called "doers" to a higher level, to accountability.

So bite me, Booth. You didn't earn your money this year. Use the off-season to learn how to play within a team concept. Apparently, 5 1/2 months during the regular season and playoff wasn't enough.

Exactly! I think it is safe to assume that no of us on this board are talented enough athletically to play professional hockey but a lot of us would love to be and would do anything possible to live what is essentially a dream life.

These tweets make it sounds like he is hard done by in life.

Edited by gradin123, 24 April 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#103 sdnucksfan

sdnucksfan

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:40 AM

however he wants to deal with it is his business. whats it matter who does what to deal with sadness and dissapointment. the team could have a circle jerk for all i care...who the hell are we to critisize the mans faith and how he lives his life...jesus christ cdc, lay the f off for f sakes. if i were on the team id say i didnt put in effort because our fans are crapty! that'd be my tweet.

#104 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,023 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Gee, thank you for the ad hominem reply :rolleyes:

Did I say Booth isn't allowed to have an opinion? NO. I was replying to agree with Hockeyville that some people don't like how Booth seems to feel that God has something planned for him (this team) and when something doesn't go as we wanted - it's all because some higher power has a different idea. Again, I never said Booth can't believe in that - I don't care, they're his beliefs, but I would prefer it if he didn't talk about that. I'm not religious and my family (that are religious) are not Christian - they just find it a bit awkward when they're looking for a hockey answer and instead recieve a religious one.

As for your second point. What the heck are you spewing out?
(1) People are not mad about his salary, people are frustrated that he is not playing up to par with his salary. That's also where the criticism of Ballard came from last year.
(2) It doesn't matter how much money you have unless you can't spend it with your family? I'm not sure if you realize this, but this IS the nature of professional sports. Athletes know EXACTLY what they are signing up for when they aim to be and become professional. To put it simply, travel and time away from family is part of the job requirement.
(3) I have no idea what you're ranting about here (the media and sterotypical answers?) so I'm not even going to address this.

Also, there is a difference between fans who are simply emotionally invested in the game ranting on a useless discussion board and a professional athlete putting his thoughts out to the world on a social (public) media site. If you can't see the difference, then so be it.

Amen (so to speak). And cheers to Hockeyville as well, completely agree with both posts.

For the record, I really don't care all that much if we win the big prize, I just care about HOW we play getting there. Play hard, inspiring hockey and that creates something special: a team that honestly plays for eachother instead of just claiming to in the public eye. Most hockey fans know real effort and commitment (especially when it was on display last year). It has little to do with skill and a lot to do with heart. When a player with talent doesn't play with heart, considering how many hockey players in the world will never get the opportunity to display theirs, to me, is the saddest thing in the world.
Posted Image

#105 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

If you could take the opposite of a Raymond hater in terms of reality, critical criticism, and overall a time span of literally 1/10th the difference between the players time here.

You have, a booth hater.

The biggest moron in town.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#106 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:17 AM

the crap is booth talking about.. you're 4 + mil cap hit needs to go along with ballard's, raymond's and malhotra's.

clear cap space and go big this offseason.

Bring Back The Minus

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#107 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

Booth should have used his own words, rather then act like a complete douche by using quotes that make it sound like hes comparing genuine hardship to professional sport.

I dont like unjust criticism either, but most athletes have to balls and intelligence accept it comes with the job and the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

Dude... you lost in 5 games to an 8th seed and you take it upon yourself to attack the fans because they are pissed off about it? Are you high?

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 24 April 2012 - 02:36 AM.

#108 Serendipity

Serendipity

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:39 AM

ill adress your ignorant BS

:rolleyes:

People on CDC just like to get into pissing matches don’t they?
Again, if you’re going to address what I wrote – don’t resort to ad hominem attacks because it completely devolves any argument or rebuttal you are making.

Contrary to my belief? Again, perhaps you glazed over it – I NEVER said Booth couldn’t have an opinion. In fact, I also said that he can believe in whatever the hell he wants, I don’t care so long as he keeps it to himself because it makes some people (myself included) feel awkward or left out of the conversation because we cannot relate to what he’s talking about.

(1) Who the hell said he would adapt to our team, our city, our fans and our system so quickly? People on CDC knew it would take time to adjust; with injuries and everything – he played a total of 56 regular season games with the Vancouver Canucks. Are you suggesting that I expected David Booth to up 30+ goals? Really, do tell me how you can read my mind? I never posted anything when he was traded here.

(2) No one cares whether he wanted to be traded to Vancouver or not. That’s the harsh reality of professional sports. When you’re an athlete, you can expect to be traded around – sports are a business after all and David Booth should know this. Sure it’s sad to see a player have to leave his family behind, but like I said before – they signed up for the job knowing full well what was expected.

Also, to your last point – this is a DISCUSSION BOARD. Where we DISCUSS the Vancouver Canucks. If Booth has every right to tweet whatever he wants, I have EVERY right to come here and talk with fellow fans.

Hell, follow your own advice. Don’t like my post? “IGNORE [IT] AND MOVE ON”.

#109 Richowl

Richowl

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Booth should have used his own words, rather then act like a complete douche by using quotes that make it sound like hes comparing genuine hardship to professional sport.

I dont like unjust criticism either, but most athletes have to balls and intelligence accept it comes with the job and the privileged lifestyle they enjoy.

Dude... you lost in 5 games to an 8th seed and you take it upon yourself to attack the fans because they are pissed off about it? Are you high?

Agreed. Booth is the opposite of a "captain". If he continues to be like this mentally and not bring anything on the ice next season, I really hope he gets traded.

#110 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

Reread his tweets, he never mentioned God or any Religion, he was just stating that the worker or warrior is easily criticized and not appreciated by the customer, or the observer. And it wasn't even his quote, it was Teddy Roosevelt.
You must all suffer ADHD or something. Give the guy and the team a little respect. They DID try their best, you arrogant , self aggrandicising ,cheap, underachieving, spoiled, narcassistic, and/or, psycopathic Morons!
You all just jealous of him? Cause he's tall, blonde, rich, and handsome, with a killer smile. And your not? Or that he's one of the best hockey players in the world? Alot of Canuck fan's on Cdc really suck big time!

And using that quote is humbling, respectful, and bang on. Everyone is a critic,and they are a dime a dozen, but heroes are the ones that actually get there, do it, and try their best

Edited by Hotdawg, 24 April 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#111 iinteenseee

iinteenseee

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

Wow, CDC is full of a bunch of sensitive and overreacting 13 year olds, what a surprise.

I honestly think some of you guys are COMPLETELY overanalyzing a couple of tweets. Stop taking his quote so personally, Booth isn't attacking anyone or telling us to "screw off" like people have suggested, neither does it suggest that he doesn't appreciate the Vancouver fans. Also, a couple of sentences (that aren't even his own words) doesn't define his personality, so there's no need to suggest that he NEEDS to be traded because his personality is unwanted, jeez -_-...

I'm no literature major but I think the OP's analysis is the best and most straight forward; the media and the public can criticize all we want but at the end of the day, we'll never understand what it's like to be a part of the roster and play on that rink. That's basically all he means, so you guys can calm down now.

Guess what Canuck fans? Believe it or not, David Booth is 100000x more upset, disappointed, and choked than all of us fans combined. People just choose to express in different ways.

Edited by iinteenseee, 24 April 2012 - 03:08 AM.

#112 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,217 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

Massively spoiled millionaires should keep the public whining to a minimum,

Playing NHL hockey for a living is an easy life. But if it is such a burden he's free to retire any time since he's got enough money to live the rest of his life.

#113 whatthenuck

whatthenuck

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:24 AM

Overreaction to twitter much?

This is why a lot of people in the spotlight - heck even regular people - refrain from signing up for social media - because people take things way too seriously or get bashed for posting their own thoughts.
So he posted a quote - so what? And then people start going off about his salary/his play/his religious beliefs. I think everyone is just really mad and disappointed with the early exit right now and therefore unable to think rationally and everyone ends up fighting, I've been reading/seeing this a lot since the loss. This is a player who was chosen as the most exciting player - BY THE FANS...so that means a lot of you people on here and you obviously liked him before the last 5 games happened but now want his head.

I think it's more of a dig at the media and the haters - i'm sure they've had people attacking them on twitter & in public and in the media saying sh*t (heck, i saw some flames fan attack kesler's sister on twitter - family isn't off limits with idiotic people, and they'll go to any lengths and say anything). I also don't see it as him whining. .

#114 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

Yea, tell him to bite you...awesome.

They don't owe you anything.

I didn't say he owes me anything directly. You make incorrect assumptions. You project.

He doesn't owe fans anything directly, it's true. But he owes Canucks managaement a full effort and a commitment to learning how to use his teammates to make him and his line better. I didn't see that from Booth.

As for me, I don't pay "directly" Booth's salary because the Canucks have priced me out of the market. But even my TV viewing helps sell advertising, which in turn, helps pay Booth's salary. So, yeah, I -- and you -- are, in our small way, subsidizing this ungrateful buck-passer.

The least a lucky, rich underperformer could do is appreciate the people who make his lucrative lifestyle posssible, instead of belittling them for expressing their honest and justifiable opinions. But to many, including you, being a fan means buying whatever the home team is selling without question. In that, it IS quite like being a religious yes-man.

#115 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Quite honestly I can't read that without seeing how he plays the game............me, me, ME!

That is the soliloquy of and for the individual. He needs to learn he is in a team. I'm frankly not interested in his try, try. try again approach, it is costing us games. He needs to pass, pass, pass, PASS and get with the team ethic or get out.

"Guess what Canuck fans? Believe it or not, David Booth is 100000x more upset, disappointed, and choked than all of us fans combined. People just choose to express in different ways."

That is a matter for debate. What I do know from using my eyes is he fails to play in team mates and when he does it is usually after he has killed the move. He needs to pass on the break, he needs to pass early and THEN he needs to get to the net. Unfortunately the few times I have seen him pass, they left much to be desired.

I am not against DB or having him in the team. I just see him as wasting his talent by NOT using his team mates. If it stopped there then fine but it is hurting the chemistry of the line.............jeez even Ovechkin learned that in the end.

Edited by Bodee, 24 April 2012 - 03:41 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#116 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

So every time the team fails to reach its goal (win the Cup), management should turn over all personnel?

As fans, we have a say in whether we support this team or not - it's not like someone's got to a gun to your head and making you cheer for this team. Go ahead and pack it in...cheer for someone else if you wish.

Another one who jumps to conclusions while putting words in my mouth.

As fans, it means we have the right to criticize what we thnink is unacceptable effort and results. The quote by me which you bolded happens in EVERY business. Clients may continue to give their business to a company even while being disappointed, to whatever extent, by certain facets of that company's products or approaches. Just as in a marriage, you love your spouse but have vocal and honest issues with certain things they do or say.

This is the real world, not a bubble. But I understand where Booth is coming from. Many athletes have lived in a world where they get star treatment, where their first jobs are the only jobs they've ever had, where they don't have to answer for their off-days to anyone but their coaches. The sell-outs at GM place continue, and Booth's multi-year contract is guaranteed. He doesn't live paycheque to paycheque, and he's not used to the real world, where immediate and often harsh repercussions are rampant if you don't do a good job.

So for him to belittle the fans by saying anyone who criticizes the Canucks players are smaller and cowardly is a bit rich (pardon the pun). Without the fans, he's got another job, where the heat is a lot more immediate, and there're no immature celebrity-struck kids who feel sorry for their poor besieged millionaires who are somehow fighting on the same level as warriors and solo adventurers (as per his lifted quotes).

To be short about it: he should suck it up and improve. The Canucks underachieved big time, and to throw that back on the fans is gutless.

#117 German_Canucks_Supporter

German_Canucks_Supporter

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

People who earn ****loads of money, money that they receive through us, the fans, have to deal with criticism every now and then. Everyone who is faithful to his team has the right to criticize it (or parts of it), if things don't work out. Of course, every criticism must stay within certain bounds!

The Quest for Lord Stanley continues!

Posted Image

Proud fan of the Vancouver Canucks and the Nuremberg Ice Tigers.

#118 Nomorelosers

Nomorelosers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:54 AM

Thou shall not steal...

$4.2 million???

#119 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with the situation. No one except the guys in the locker room know what it's like, hence I hate it when the bandwagoners jump on, talking like they've coached 20 years in the NHL or something. You can have your opinion heard but much of it is criticism - too many times unjust. Whether it is deserved or not isn't something for fans to decide.

If you want to be of use for the Canucks, cheer hard and support them in every manner, don't play armchair GM, get off the playstation, and heck you may as well follow them in the community work.

I don't think there was a lack of effort, or a lack of commitment, or a lack of bravery. I see all that in DB's play.

What I don't see is the prime factor in playing and being successful in any team game................unselfishness. I don't know what is in his mind after game but it is time he learned the ability to play as a team player.

He actually compounds this selfishness by a an inability to realise how important in a 5 on 5 game it is for him to be defensively aware.

He has work to do in the close season to combine his strength, bravery, and grit with the qualities that embellish the team as a whole.

Edited by Bodee, 24 April 2012 - 03:59 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#120 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

People who earn ****loads of money, money that they receive through us, the fans, have to deal with criticism every now and then. Everyone who is faithful to his team has the right to criticize it (or parts of it), if things don't work out. Of course, every criticism must stay within certain bounds!

No one is trying to throw you in jail. They are just pointing out that you and others are acting like giant douches, which is your right.

Big paychecks don't automatically give you a thick skin BTW. Its easy to say "we pay good money for the right to bitch at hockey players every season". But really, all you are doing is making it harder to play in this city, and driving away players who don't want to deal with out reactionary and overly emotional fans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.