Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Interesting Comments By David Booth On Twitter Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
196 replies to this topic

#181 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

This thread was cold as penguin's pecker until you decided to post in it. Please go away and stop bumping hate. Oh the irony that Booth's quote applies to you particularly well.

Edited by nateb123, 15 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Keswho.jpg

#182 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

Does he also believe that it was God's plan for him to go out and shoot animals for the thrill of it? His preordained destiny or some sht like that? What a moron. You would think that a religious nut might have some sense of morals or consciousness to grasp the wrongness of killing animals just for pure sport. It takes a real idiot to find pleasure in something like that. Imagine going into the mountains and killing a beautiful animal like a mountain goat for fun? Its reprehensible. Animals have rights to live to. They are not put on earth for to be killed for our entertainment.

You mean legally getting a license and hunting game is now illegal!? Next, you'll say playing hockey with skates and sticks is illegal unless you do it on turf, and you kick a black-and-white ball into an oversized net!

#183 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

you realize ballard was one of our best Dmen this season, right?...?

You mean in the post season, right? All 5 games of it? OooOOoOOOooOo. Not anywhere near worth what we are paying him.
You cant pay that kind of money for a 6.

#184 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Is it not time the Twins/Bieksa took him aside and informed him about the "Canuck way"

I really question the guy's intellect. The writing was on the wall I suppose when Booth was in tears after being informed he was being traded to Vancouver. Immature and selfish comes to mind. (having watched him do nothing to justify Florida holding onto him in the games I watched him play)
Kevin.jpg

#185 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,763 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

Is it not time the Twins/Bieksa took him aside and informed him about the "Canuck way"

I really question the guy's intellect. The writing was on the wall I suppose when Booth was in tears after being informed he was being traded to Vancouver. Immature and selfish comes to mind. (having watched him do nothing to justify Florida holding onto him in the games I watched him play)

What exactly is the "Canuck way"?

I seem to recall Gretzky in tears over being traded to LA. So what?

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#186 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

you realize ballard was one of our best Dmen this season, right?...?

IMO he was our sixth best defenseman: Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Salo and Tanev were better.

#187 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

What exactly is the "Canuck way"?

I seem to recall Gretzky in tears over being traded to LA. So what?

Yeah..also Ryan(cry me a river)Smyth.

#188 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

I wonder how intelligent one has to be to never cry. ;)

Genuine crying is not a sign of low intellect my friend. Nor is it necessarily immature and selfish. For certain though, it's a sign of emotional upheaval and many great, strong, intelligent and powerful men ... allow it. :) peace!
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#189 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

Maybe if Booth had spent a bit more time in the arena (and a bit less time on twitter) during the lockout he would have been better conditioned and wouldn't have strained his groin in training camp?

Edited by BigRedMachine, 16 January 2013 - 07:46 AM.

#190 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Condemning crying now and connecting it with intelligence.

Seriously Bodee some of your comments are just well basically a waste of everyone's time.

Try building on your Raymond assessments when there is something to justify holding onto them.

Edited by riffraff, 16 January 2013 - 07:55 AM.

Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#191 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Maybe if Booth had spent a bit more time in the arena (and a bit less time on twitter) during the lockout he would have been better conditioned and wouldn't have strained his groin in training camp?

How in the hell do you know what he did in the off season training wise?

#192 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I highly doubt you have any idea what training Booth did or not. I guess Iginla was twittering as well. Your comment simply confirms the jist of Booth's thinking anyways. Most fans have a superficial idea of what pro sports requires. Players don't make the NHL on a whim. It takes years of committment.

#193 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,742 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Reports are from Coach AV that Booth injured it because he pushed himself too hard in informal practices prior to the CBA ratification. I'll take it more from AV's mouth than from some two-bit poster here...

#194 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

IMO he was our sixth best defenseman: Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Salo and Tanev were better.

Salo may have been better offensively (playing with the sedins though..) but defensively Salo would get burned way too many times. He was getting old.

Tanev...no...just no...

Edited by Navyblue, 16 January 2013 - 02:59 PM.

Posted Image

#195 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Of all people, Canucks fans shouldn't be questioning anyone's intellect. Some of the comments made re: Booth reflect that.

In a way I really hope the guy is traded soon because he gets picked on mercilessly by his own freaking fanbase. Ridiculing him for crying because he was traded? Why don't you ridicule Daniel Sedin for standing there while he took 8 punches to the face? That's coming from one of the biggest Sedin fans you'll find, by the way.

#196 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

How original, lets all bash on Christianity.

Lets do indeed.
Posted Image

#197 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 27,110 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

I can't see any good coming out of this bump so we'll just let it rest now....

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.