The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poor David Booth

harman_lall

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for David Booth? When he was first signed here in Vancouver, the first thing that came to his mind was playoffs. He needed the playoffs. He hasn't ever been in the post season in Florida. Now that the Canucks lost, and Florida will probably advance, how do you think this guy feels?

Am I the only one who kinda feels bad for David Booth? When he was first signed here in Vancouver, the first thing that came to his mind was playoffs. He needed the playoffs. He hasn't ever been in the post season in Florida. Now that the Canucks lost, and Florida will probably advance, how do you think this guy feels?

He obviously feels like tweeting inspirational quotes. Cheers.

TOML

That pissed me off like you would not believe

The guy did nothing to help his team and he seems perfectly content to attribute every failure to God or karma or fate or whatever

$4.25 million - at least have some standards and have the guts to admit a portion of the blame

I defended his earlier Roosevelt tweet and still do - but in no way do I feel sorry for him at all.

I can't say whether he gave everything he had to this playoff "run" because I'm not sure. For all I know, he could have worked his butt off. But from the looks of it - I don't believe that to be true. I wish I could have seen more desire and urgency from him, but I didn't and I hate that. All I'll remember from these playoffs from Booth are the countless turnovers in our defensive zone.

Whatever, for Booth - I'm sure his $4.5 million will comfort him <_<

That pissed me off like you would not believe

The guy did nothing to help his team and he seems perfectly content to attribute every failure to God or karma or fate or whatever

$4.25 million - at least have some standards and have the guts to admit a portion of the blame

He played hard in the first few games, was one of the only players who showed up to lay a hit. Atleast he was bustin a** even though unproductively. Kinda got put in an odd spot with the twins when the series was on the line after like 2 hours of practising with them. People blaming him about who he accounts his praise and defeat to need to shut the **** up, he seems to have a good work ethic and im sure he holds himself accountable for all that he can control.

Booth did not live up to his contract since signing and Florida knew it was a bad signing so they moved him. That said, Booth can live up to his hefty contract. I believe a summer off and a training camp for Kesler and himself will do a world of good. Or im just trying to make s**t up for our team losing in the first round to make myself feel better about all the bad contracts we have going on.

OK guys, I'm taking the heat for this one.

I have posters of Luongo, Salo and Daniel Sedin on my wall.

What happens?

Luongo gets eviscerated in the regular season, Salo gets Marchanded, Daniel gets a concussion.

I put up a poster of Kesler, and he disappears.

I put up the Province poster of David Booth and he goes goalless in the series.

I put up a poster of Hamhuis and he falls and gives the puck to Stoll.

The clincher?

I've had a poster of Raymond up since 2010.

Obviously I've got some supernatural influence or something.

BUT DON'T WORRY.

I'm going to paint a huge Tim Thomas mural on my wall next.

Archived