Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TwinTelepathy

A Schneider Trade Is Just What The Fans And Luongo Need?

92 posts in this topic

I agree

Schneids, Raymond, 2nd round pick for

Purcell, Connolly, 1st round pick (TBL)

There wasn;t much to choose between Halak and Price...This year the stats are so much in Schneiders favour that you are comparing apples to oranges ! If Lou was not pushed he may not have been as good as he was...but unless Lou fixes whats broke...we will live without a cup.

I read your post, I remember the Halak era. I just dont think Luongo really beneifts NOT having somebody to steal his job away from him. If anything, it should make him more determined and wanting to perform. I really strongly believe that Luongo's style of goaltending just dosent work as well as Schneids does.. I mean, with the canucks, who's D-man love to be involved in the offence and love to pinch, Breakaways are common. Luongo is at his absolute best when he plays big, at the top of his crease using his shoulders to stop shots. He is NOT the goalie from 2007 that was an amazing spectacle to watch. Cory, is fast from post to post and is a similar goalie to Quick, and Rinne. Staying postionally sound, while taking away the bottom of the net, with a nice glove hand.

I just feel Luongo needs to be on a team like Phoenix, St.Louis, Nashville, even LA, or Tampa. Teams that take away shots from the slot and let shots from the point come freely. Luongo was his best when we were a trapping team.

There wasn;t much to choose between Halak and Price...This year the stats are so much in Schneiders favour that you are comparing apples to oranges ! If Lou was not pushed he may not have been as good as he was...but unless Lou fixes whats broke...we will live without a cup.

My Ideal Scenario.

1) Trade Luongo this summer

2) Cory Schneider asks for a trade in a couple years.

3) Lack doesn't have what it takes.

4) Get Ty Conklin as starter.

------

Vancouver doesn't deserve any decent goalie in the league.

Actually, without a goaltender pushing him to play good would be bad for him. He will relax when theres no CS breathing down his neck, he will be back to his prima donna attitude because we have no other option to play in net if he craps the bed again.

Have to admit that is a pretty interesting way to look at the whole Luongo vs Schneider thing.

A original post, good job OP!

OK. So LU needs a bad backup to be able to play better? :lol:

well have you even thought of the other method? what you say could be true, but it can also end up relieving some unnecessary pressure. If you look at the Luongo/Sabourin or Luongo/Sanford and Luongo/Raycroft years, look at how much better he did without having another Number 1 goalie breathing down his neck.

So basically you are saying internal competition for playing time is too much for Luongo to handle. HAHAHAHAHA That pretty much defines someone who lacks confidence in their own abilities. Or sees the writing on the wall.