The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Schneider Trade Is Just What The Fans And Luongo Need?

TwinTelepathy

My Ideal Scenario.

1) Trade Luongo this summer

2) Cory Schneider asks for a trade in a couple years.

3) Lack doesn't have what it takes.

4) Get Ty Conklin as starter.

------

Vancouver doesn't deserve any decent goalie in the league.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree with each others, I do respect your thoughts though. But I do think that is one of the worst reasons to trade a goalie, just because he's to good to be on the same team as the other goalie. I do think Luongo is a great goalie, though he's not consistent enough, and i do see more potential in schneider and i think he's better for this organisation in the long run.

Best scenario

1) We'll be able to trade Luongo, for a prospect or high valued draft pick,

2) Resign Schneider long-term, 4-5 years at 3.5-4 mil

If this aint' possible we'll have to trade schenider and we'll get something big in return.and we're "stuck" with Luo.

Say what you want about Lu, at least he provides us some stability in net for the future.

Say we trade Luongo, and Schneider is only willing to sign a 2 or 3 year contract and then bolts as a UFA.

Then we're stuck with being a goalie graveyard again and missing the playoffs year after year.

Luongo is the safer bet since he's locked in, you know what he brings with his play and his cap hit. Schneider can also fetch more value for us.

Guys you are all wasting your breath...

Luongo has already said to some people close to him...he has started packing he is moving

not stayimg in Vancouver.

He is contemplating retirement...Canucvks will get nothing for him.

... and they sure do not deserve me as a fan. Also, with the NHL's rumor of a lockout, they do not deserve me as a fan. A Canucks' Cup win was supposed to be last year.

246+ hours a year wasted watching a social gathering I don't even attend,

250+ hours reading, researching and keeping in touch with hockey related news,

500+ hours a year gained for other purposes that are much more important to life than hockey,

PRICELESS

That's right. This is my last post at CDC. I'm done.

WTF??? I cannot delete my account???

C'mon, this comparison is just stupid.

Price and Halak were great young goalies. Montreal's scouts saw more room for improvement in Price's games, and thought long-term he'd be the better goalie, so they traded Jaro.

Luongo is an aging goaltender. He's remarkably consistent, even in his inconsistencies. At best, all anyone should expect of him is more of the same - generally excellent goaltending, with occasional brainfarts.

All that matters now is if the scouts think that Schneider has the ability, desire, and mental framework to be as good or better than Lu. If they think so, then they would be smart to stick with the younger, cheaper guy.

I'd rather get a good return, either a good D-man or a better 4th line forward, and NOT Weise...Im sorry, I love Schneids, but just now, Team1040 just said that "a lot of teams wants a young goalie, and trading Schneider, the Canucks will get a good return, and 9-10 teams would want him, whereas Luongo will have only 2-3 teams wanting him, because of his monster contract too". I'd rather get a good return, and make our depth stronger...rather than calling players up from the Wolves...and Kassian needs to go down tothe Wolves first, BEFORE playing for the Canucks again next year, hes not ready yet. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KES WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!! His NTC TAKES IN AFFECT next season :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He will be training in the summer, have his "maybe surgery", be healthy, and Kes will have his "BEAST MODE" BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived